Solid rib rhino or DCF?

MariGold360

Sep 11, 2020
Anyone with solid rib rhino and rib cartilage DCF, what are the complications you are facing? I don’t know much about solid rib cartilage and haven’t found air of information on the internet. I’m wondering what’s better or which implant for nose bridge has the lowest risk of complications like wrapping, reabsorption, shifting, etc.

Hi,
The difference between solid rib and DCF is solid rib is 1 piece rib and it can be carved. It will look nice but rigid, risk is warping years later and you may think of redoing it again depending on your facial look satisfaction.

DCF = diced rib graft stringed together, wrapped in a bag. Do not worry it is not a real bag but something else that holds the diced rib together.
I believe can request particular shape.
Softer version and more natural looking.
Risk is immediately after surgery must be more careful, as can still mold into preferred shape 3 months after surgery. So it is not firm yet shortly after surgery.

Conclusion : diced is better.

Cosign SilentPlastic. I had full rib revision rhino and that was a big mistake. My nose looks so fake, rigid and hard to the touch and it is so hard to blow your nose. You can use rib cartilage for your bridge and dcf for the tip to give it that soft natural look. Silicone for the bridge and dcf for the tip is also an option and results can be amazing depending on the surgeon. Avoid full rib.

Hi,
The difference between solid rib and DCF is solid rib is 1 piece rib and it can be carved. It will look nice but rigid, risk is warping years later and you may think of redoing it again depending on your facial look satisfaction.

DCF = diced rib graft stringed together, wrapped in a bag. Do not worry it is not a real bag but something else that holds the diced rib together.
Risk is immediately after surgery must be more careful, as can still mold into preferred shape 3 months after surgery. So it is not firm yet shortly after surgery.

Thank you so much for your insights. I am going for DCF. What about DCGG? It’s diced cartilage with human glue. Do you know anything about it? Apparently it’s a new technique.

Cosign SilentPlastic. I had full rib revision rhino and that was a big mistake. My nose looks so fake, rigid and hard to the touch and it is so hard to blow your nose. You can use rib cartilage for your bridge and dcf for the tip to give it that soft natural look. Silicone for the bridge and dcf for the tip is also an option and results can be amazing depending on the surgeon. Avoid full rib.
I am sorry to hear that. Would you prefer silicone implants vs solid rib? I saw a video and they carve your rib similar to an artificial implant, why I’m asking u if you’d prefer silicone instead. I am deciding towards DCF.

I forgot to ask, how long does the diced cartilage harden to it’s final shape? 3 months is a long time to not be able to handle your nose like u usually would pre rhinoplasty. I want to have an idea on how long I have to baby my meeting nose? My surgeon said it would take 2 years for the final results but pls tell me it won’t take that long to harden.

I am sorry to hear that. Would you prefer silicone implants vs solid rib? I saw a video and they carve your rib similar to an artificial implant, why I’m asking u if you’d prefer silicone instead. I am deciding towards DCF.
It's always better to use your own cartilage. Normally the rib would be wrapped in diced cartilage harvested from your ear or septal cartilage to give it a natural, soft look and feel. Most surgeons say that the new silicone is better but you never know. With silicone you can get a higher, narrower bridge. One girl I know has silicone combined with septal cartilage for 4 years now w/out complications.

I forgot to ask, how long does the diced cartilage harden to it’s final shape? 3 months is a long time to not be able to handle your nose like u usually would pre rhinoplasty. I want to have an idea on how long I have to baby my meeting nose? My surgeon said it would take 2 years for the final results but pls tell me it won’t take that long to harden.
Yes you need to be careful the first 3 months - no strenuous activities, contact sport, etc so that the cartilage holds its shape. You'll see a change immediately and upto a year to form its' final shape. It will harden in about 6mths but the shape will keep changing as the new structures continue fusing together and most surgeons say these changes continue for upto 2-3 years.

Hi,

Have you heard of any reputable doctors that use the DCF method in SK? I’ve been looking online as this is the only technique I’m interested in but can’t find any :sad:

Could you recommend a dcf clinic or doctor in Korea? I can’t seem to find any

Hey!! I’m looking for a doc that uses dcf for the bridge ! Did your doc offer that? Who did you go with ?

I did a Skype consultation with dr yoo in Cali... I got a quote of $23400. Dr Edwin kwon also does dcf and he’s in Cali too. I think dr kwon rhino tips are more natural. I leaning towards dr yoo but it’s soooo pricey