Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

debating whether to get this bag or not from japan...only 1000 (i think) were made for the japan 25th anniversary. It's definitely in need of repairs overall but I love how tiny it is and the red lining. Should I get it and just send it to a bag spa?? Anyone know how much it is to replace a noe trim from LV?
View attachment 4868425
I would be leary of this bag because, Louis Vuitton fakes are prolific in the Asian countries. Also, shipping from so far will take awhile. Try Poshmark!? I just scored a vintage beauty there. However, Poshmark has plenty of scammers too.

I would be leary of this bag because, Louis Vuitton fakes are prolific in the Asian countries. Also, shipping from so far will take awhile. Try Poshmark!? I just scored a vintage beauty there. However, Poshmark has plenty of scammers too.
Oh thanks! I’m in Australia so can’t really use posh mark. And yes but I think japan is better as it’s vetted more and they have PayPal option anyways

Reactions: Ladybleu
debating whether to get this bag or not from japan...only 1000 (i think) were made for the japan 25th anniversary. It's definitely in need of repairs overall but I love how tiny it is and the red lining. Should I get it and just send it to a bag spa?? Anyone know how much it is to replace a noe trim from LV?
View attachment 4868425
To me, the leather is very compromised. The top left picture shredding means that strap will break pretty soon. Many deals are to be had buying from reputable Ebay sellers in Japan but to me, this is very overpriced.

Hello! I still lurk at LV sometimes on reselling sites....just saw an ok vintage Noé canvas for 200 €
But omg I watched the LV fashion show, with Nicolas Ghesquiere as director and I loved it!!! Especially the pochette with the "lock" as closing. I hope it comes in other colors than this screen green.....Which made me go to the LV website for a first time in forever and.....I was shocked at the prices....
I suppose they´re trying to elevate their brand and keep it luxury and unaffordable :P
Basically the entry price would be the Speedy at 875€ ?! and they got rid of the simple classic styles, only keeping pochette, speedy and neverfull. So more leather (vs canvas) and more expensive brass details.
I have a large damier Papillon from 2007 I paid 590€ back then, definitely keeping it and giving it some love now !!!

I hope this is allowed. But I have a chance to acquire this, but need to know if I should steer clear. It’s old, and battered (definitely needs work) but no other hardware stamped with LV branding or numbers.
I know this guy in town who deals with old clothes and has this in the back of his shop. He wants £1500 as it but I can trade some old stock for it. Shall I run away or go ham in for it?

9000E11C-DC9B-4C37-B8F6-A8AB499DD286.jpeg7514C67F-FA76-421A-9626-A62A0BE420E3.jpeg3E8006FC-2588-4B79-ABE2-3FBFA991AF74.jpegDE91C036-B051-4BA4-B056-28446DFFC429.jpegBAE822D9-9C1B-46EF-9CD2-A49B13E085BB.jpeg0C806F15-BBC5-4379-AAB6-9CF00B3E214C.jpeg

I hope this is allowed. But I have a chance to acquire this, but need to know if I should steer clear. It’s old, and battered (definitely needs work) but no other hardware stamped with LV branding or numbers.
I know this guy in town who deals with old clothes and has this in the back of his shop. He wants £1500 as it but I can trade some old stock for it. Shall I run away or go ham in for it?

View attachment 4872068View attachment 4872069View attachment 4872070View attachment 4872071View attachment 4872072View attachment 4872073
To me, it is very battered. I would look into Japanese sellers on Ebay and compare prices.

View attachment 4872068View attachment 4872069View attachment 4872070View attachment 4872071View attachment 4872072View attachment 4872073

Honestly, even if you were able to trade enough items in to get this vintage luggage without spending money, you will be looking at a serious price tag to restore it through Vuitton ( that is, if they even deem it acceptable for repairs ). If your goal is just to acquire it and leave it in all it's vintage glory, complete with it's untold history and can LVoe it as it appears, then trade away !! Pls. update if you do decide to take possession. I am fascinated by Vuitton vintage.