eBay BEST OFFER & additional term

lvgodiva

O.G.
Jan 7, 2007
I recenly won best offer item on eBay. First, I offer for $400 then seller counteroffered for $450 + sh and I counteroffered for $450, add term: incl sh.

Seller accepted it but sent invoice for $450 + sh.

Should I still pay for $450 + sh while I've wrote in term box: incl sh?? :confused1:

Sorry, I'm not too familier with best offer method

Sigh... She said that her term is plus shipping while I obv stated incl sh, below:

Buyer message: incl sh is considerable? Thanks

What to do? Should I ask her to cancel transc & do mutual agreement?

Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure you can't include a "incl shipping" clause in the best offer negotiations - you have to counteroffer a reduced amount and still pay shipping. Like say shipping is $25, you would have to counteroffer $425 and pay shipping to get the bag for $450 total. Before I tried best offer I read the rules pretty thoroughly, I think that's how it works. Sorry, if you really want the bag could you just pay shipping? Will it be too expensive?

Looks like the shipping would be high since you are outside of U.S.A. I'd suggest you negotiate with the seller first (e.g. half and half), or you could adjust shipping in the invoice? Basically, you made an offer and she accepted it. It is a contract. If she doesn't agree to reduce the shipping, very much likely you will have to pay it.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure you can't include a "incl shipping" clause in the best offer negotiations - you have to counteroffer a reduced amount and still pay shipping. Like say shipping is $25, you would have to counteroffer $425 and pay shipping to get the bag for $450 total. Before I tried best offer I read the rules pretty thoroughly, I think that's how it works. Sorry, if you really want the bag could you just pay shipping? Will it be too expensive?

really? I didn't know that, thanks for sharing! Guess I'd better reread the rules.

If the seller specified the shipping cost, then shipping is not negotiable. You can make best offer including shipping, as the OP did, but only if the seller did not specify a shipping cost.

Here is from the ebay website:

If the seller has specified shipping costs for the item, shipping is not negotiable. If, however, the seller has requested that the buyer contact them regarding shipping costs, you may offer the seller a price for the item that includes shipping costs.

Here’s how to submit a Best Offer that includes shipping:
  • Submit a Best Offer request to the seller.
  • In the message box, add "including shipping".
  • Submit your offer to the seller.

"If the seller has specified shipping costs for the item, shipping is not negotiable. If, however, the seller has requested that the buyer contact them regarding shipping costs, you may offer the seller a price for the item that includes shipping costs." - From eBay - I guess it depends whether there was a stated shipping cost!