Sweet Alhambra pink gold vs pave

LilC0322

Apr 26, 2015
Hi! I would like to get a sweet Alhambra bracelet. I’m looking for something that is more or less maintenance free. I’m thinking about getting either the solid pink gold or white gold with diamonds.

I don’t live near a boutique so I’ll be ordering online, sight unseen. I’m trying to decide if the diamonds in the white gold are going to add much sparkle compared to the solid pink gold. I’m hoping for a little insight/opinion. Is the sweet pave worth it or should I save some money and get the pink gold? Thank you in advance.

I did buy the 6 motif pink gold sweet bracelet first but decided it blended too much into my skin (I exchanged for the yg vintage). So on most people, white gold pave will show up so much more. However, if you want pave, I'd get the vintage size because I don't think the sweet is a forever size for most people. I know someone here on the forum who bought the sweet pave first, sold it at a loss, and then bought the vintage. Even now she thinks she might want the Magic size eventually. So I am not sure I'd want to spend that much on a 6 motif pave.

Are you talking about the 6 motif bracelets? If you are talking about the one motif sweet pave bracelet, it's so close to the price of some of the vintage Alhambra bracelets that I would recommend that instead. I realized I wasn't totally sure which bracelets you meant.

Reactions: deedeedor
I just went to the store today to try the sweet Alhambra in pink gold. I paired it with a gold tennis bracelet today and I like it a lot. I am pretty sure that the sweet bracelet is the size I am going for as I like dainty jewelry more.

I didn’t try out the sweet pave bracelet today but I tried on the sweet page necklace before. Not a fan of it as the diamonds distract me from noticing the clover shape. If you like pave, it’s worth getting the vintage size so that the shape and the diamonds will complement well with one another. On a side note though, when I tried on the vintage 5 motif yellow gold bracelet, there is a huge difference in weight. If you are going for “value for money”, vintage size is apparently the winner here. The sweet bracelet is relatively cheaper, but by no means if feels as luxurious as the vintage.

Another set back right now is that I am struggling if I should get the Cartier thin diamond JUC or the VCA bracelet. My heart is telling me VCA is prettier but with Cartier having price increase in September, I am thinking if I should get that first...

Thank you, @chrissiewong, @Phoenix123, @DS2006 and @deedeedor! You all have given me some things to consider.

The pink gold might just bend with my skin... I’m interested in the 6 motif sweet. I fear that the vintage might be too big for my 5’ frame.

The flipping might bother me... @deedeedor do you find that the motifs flip often, does it bother you?

@chrissiewong best of luck with your decision! I would say to go with what make your heart happy. VCA is bound to have an increase at some point too. Either way, you’re going to have a lovely bracelet.

Reactions: DS2006
Thank you, @deedeedor. I know that for some, that would be a deal breaker. If they are paying for diamonds, they want to always see them. I totally understand that perspective too and I’ll have to take that into consideration. I am, however, happy to hear that the back has a beautiful design.

Everyone who has commented has given me much to consider. Thank you!

Reactions: Phoenix123
I'm wearing my sweet pave bracelet for the first time and noticed a couple of things that are truly bothering me. 1. Even after wearing it for only 15 minutes, I noticed tiny clover impressions on my wrist, including the metal circle in the middle of the clover. Has anyone else experienced this same issue? Also, for anyone who owns a vintage sized MOP (or other smooth stone and not all metal or diamond) alhambra bracelet, have you experienced this issue? My pave sweet bracelet is not that comfortable for me b/c I feel the metal outlines rubbing against my wrist and get the impressions so I'm wondering if I exchanged the sweet for a vintage MOP, that would make this issue go away. Thanks so much in advance!

Reactions: Dimple
I'm wearing my sweet pave bracelet for the first time and noticed a couple of things that are truly bothering me. 1. Even after wearing it for only 15 minutes, I noticed tiny clover impressions on my wrist, including the metal circle in the middle of the clover. Has anyone else experienced this same issue? Also, for anyone who owns a vintage sized MOP (or other smooth stone and not all metal or diamond) alhambra bracelet, have you experienced this issue? My pave sweet bracelet is not that comfortable for me b/c I feel the metal outlines rubbing against my wrist and get the impressions so I'm wondering if I exchanged the sweet for a vintage MOP, that would make this issue go away. Thanks so much in advance!

Did you have it sized so that it fits fairly tight? I don't recall ever having impressions of the clovers or beads from my bracelets. The sweets especially shouldn't be heavy enough to do that.

Reactions: hhw
Did you have it sized so that it fits fairly tight? I don't recall ever having impressions of the clovers or beads from my bracelets. The sweets especially shouldn't be heavy enough to do that.
I don’t think it’s a sizing issue. I think I just have ultra sensitive skin unfortunately. :sad: I’ll only get the impressions on the top of the wrist where the motifs are lightly resting but not on the back of the wrist since there is considerable hang room and the motifs are not touching the back of the wrist. Also when the bracelet slides to the bottom of the wrist and I move my wrist up for any reason, I feel the edges of the motifs and it’s uncomfortable for me. I’m so torn because I love this design and don’t think there is much that VCA can do for me.

• Sad
Reactions: DS2006
I have just received my sweet Alhambra in rose gold. The inside of the motif is matt, not shiny like the beads in the outline of the motif. Please could anyone advise if this is the same as your sweet Alhambra rose gold necklace/bracelet? Many thanks