Which color of the Celine Cabas Phantom tote should I choose?

valerian

Oct 1, 2020
Hello all! I just received the Celine Cabas Phantom Medium tote in Deep Blue, and while I'm in love with the bag itself, I'm starting to have second thoughts about the color. As this will be an everyday workhorse tote for me, and with my wardrobe being very minimal with muted colors, I'm wondering if I should have purchased it in Black instead.

Additionally, I was surprised by the Deep Blue color in real life. I was under the impression it would have some green undertones, like a dark teal/blue, but it's a bit brighter and more blue in natural light. It's making me less certain about the color.

Here is the Cabas in Black:
cabas_black.png

Here is Deep Blue:
cabas_deepblue.png

And here is Deep Blue in real life:
cabas_deepblue_irl.png

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: littleblackbag
I find Celine’s colors are very different from photos to real life! I do like the look of the black more compared to that blue.

And what a coincidence because I’m also trying to decide on a color for the small cabas phantom! Very much leaning to the vanilla color since the beautiful cloud (light grey) isn’t available in the US.

The navy is actually the color you probably want to buy if you want a dark blue. I have this bag in storm (light gray) but I was considering the navy one as well when I was shopping around - the navy is true to color and is close to the color on Celine’s website.

Sorry, the color of the bag I have is Cloud not Storm - it’s a wonderful color. I also have the nano belt bag in grey - the cabas comes in grey as well, and it’s a color I’d also recommend

Sorry, the color of the bag I have is Cloud not Storm - it’s a wonderful color. I also have the nano belt bag in grey - the cabas comes in grey as well, and it’s a color I’d also recommend

I would LOVE to see a picture of the Cloud color. I’m trying to decide whether to go for Vanilla, or get the Cloud from a personal shopper since it’s not available in the U.S.

Do you find it true to the picture online?

I find Celine’s colors are very different from photos to real life! I do like the look of the black more compared to that blue.

And what a coincidence because I’m also trying to decide on a color for the small cabas phantom! Very much leaning to the vanilla color since the beautiful cloud (light grey) isn’t available in the US.

They really are! The blue bag is beautiful, but not quite what I was looking for. Excited to get the black bag instead; I'm grateful Celine offers such fast shipping.

The Vanilla is so lovely - it would be perfect for the small Cabas!

The navy is actually the color you probably want to buy if you want a dark blue. I have this bag in storm (light gray) but I was considering the navy one as well when I was shopping around - the navy is true to color and is close to the color on Celine’s website.

I think you're right - the navy is a bit more muted and probably truer to what I'm looking for. Good to know, thank you!
The storm is gorgeous!

I would LOVE to see a picture of the Cloud color. I’m trying to decide whether to go for Vanilla, or get the Cloud from a personal shopper since it’s not available in the U.S.

Do you find it true to the picture online?

I think it’s a tad darker than it is online but not much. I’m attaching a photo (in natural light). I absolutely love the cloud color. If you don’t love Vanilla, I’d try to get it from a personal shopper or see if a Celine boutique could order it for you.

B1812FB6-9AAB-4B31-B463-ECD4F6961081.jpeg

Beautiful bag!
What are your thoughts on sizing? Im debating between the medium and small. We dont have a Celine store here, so i cant compare them.

I feel you - I waffled on size for a long time. I ultimately chose medium, because I'd rather have more room than less, and the Baggu duck bag I was using before is about the same length (~14in / 35cm long). I tried folding the last 2 inches off to simulate the small Cabas, and found I didn't like the look and feel of that length as much.

I was a little worried whether the medium's width would look overwhelming on me, but it doesn't at all! It looks great when it's cinched as well - more like a bucket bag. I'll take some mod shots for you in a bit.

Beautiful bag!
What are your thoughts on sizing? Im debating between the medium and small. We dont have a Celine store here, so i cant compare them.
I’d say it depends on how much you carry and how tall you are. I am 5’2 and the medium was overwhelming on me. The small is perfect for me - it can fit a laptop, wallet, keys, water bottle, and some other items.

Reactions: annipanini