Louis Vuitton + Concealed Weapon holster

pritty1979c

LV addiction
O.G.
Apr 1, 2010
I did a search here and couldn’t find anything. Ladies with concealed permit who carry: what is your favorite bag to carry your gun safely?
I have a Siena GM and I bought a purse holster but I feel like it doesn’t fit snugly and if I need to draw I’m afraid the whole thing will come with it. But it’s still better than having to buy an ugly concealed purse.
I’m sad I cannot use my Epi Madeleine PM as the Holster and weapon is too bulky for that bag. The perfect bag I found but a bit small is a Brahmin I got as a gift and Miu-Miu is ok but too soft to conceal.

7E26CA98-4078-4580-A028-DE17A86E5117.png

4AB5591E-98B2-487F-840C-5A44C4A1C4D0.png

You’re so lucky to have a CCW! CCW permits are so hard to get in CA. If I could get one I would keep it on my person and not in my bag (for purposes of my accessibility or bag theft).
Actually here in Idaho you don’t need a permit to conceal! But as a responsible 2nd Amendment believer, I thought it would be good to learn the laws and know when I can use it. You wouldn’t believe how many people carried guns without knowing the laws!! The reason I conceal in my bag, is because of my kids, and for safety purposes. During my training they told us if you’re at a store and a shooter comes in, the first thing they look at is if anyone is open carrying. If you are, you’re the first one to be hit. For us women is so hard to conceal in our body, unless you wear loose clothing. Plus I did that once while walking the dogs and kids, I didn’t secure the holster, when I leaned over to pick up dog poop, the gun flipped and fell. That was scary!
I’ve been looking at a few bags, it has to have Zipper! All-In looks perfect but only the GM has a nice comfortable shoulder strap, bag is huge!! Not a fan of vachetta because I have kids.
Totally seems to be a pretty neat one to carry but you can only find pre owned.
P.S People from CA move here in mass because they can’t stand the cost of living and laws in CA anymore!
I hope things change and you can get one.

Actually here in Idaho you don’t need a permit to conceal! But as a responsible 2nd Amendment believer, I thought it would be good to learn the laws and know when I can use it. You wouldn’t believe how many people carried guns without knowing the laws!! The reason I conceal in my bag, is because of my kids, and for safety purposes. During my training they told us if you’re at a store and a shooter comes in, the first thing they look at is if anyone is open carrying. If you are, you’re the first one to be hit. For us women is so hard to conceal in our body, unless you wear loose clothing. Plus I did that once while walking the dogs and kids, I didn’t secure the holster, when I leaned over to pick up dog poop, the gun flipped and fell. That was scary!
I’ve been looking at a few bags, it has to have Zipper! All-In looks perfect but only the GM has a nice comfortable shoulder strap, bag is huge!! Not a fan of vachetta because I have kids.
P.S People from CA move here in mass because they can’t stand the cost of living and laws in CA anymore!

Can I just say that I *love* your idea of keeping it in LV bag - so unexpected and cool :tup: My vote is to get whatever works best, vachetta or otherwise. The vachetta will tell your story over time :smile:

I know a few folks who have moved to Idaho from CA but had no idea you could carry there. I do want to leave CA, but having a hard time finding something with weather comparable to CA. I will have to take a road trip to Idaho one of these days :idea:

Can I just say that I *love* your idea of keeping it in LV bag - so unexpected and cool :tup: My vote is to get whatever works best, vachetta or otherwise. The vachetta will tell your story over time :smile:

I know a few folks who have moved to Idaho from CA but had no idea you could carry there. I do want to leave CA, but having a hard time finding something with weather comparable to CA. I will have to take a road trip to Idaho one of these days :idea:
You should our winters in SW is mild! N and E, it’s brutal!!

I carry mine in a slip pocket inside my medium sized tote bags. I am always aware where it is, keep the bag close to my side, etc., when I am carrying it. It has to be accessible to be effective. Yes it is sad that we have to do this and I don't carry mine for most ordinary daily activities. But when traveling out of state through rural areas and driving at night alone here I do carry mine. Although I trust the police (and have been married to a law enforcement officer for many years) they cannot instantly materialize when you need help. And many law enforcement folk are pretty insistent that their spouses carry and are protected.

Reactions: jbags07
I’ve been looking at a few bags, it has to have Zipper! All-In looks perfect but only the GM has a nice comfortable shoulder strap, bag is huge!! Not a fan of vachetta because I have kids. e
I have an LV Totally bag and I don't think it would work well. The pockets are deep and wrap around the bag making for a snug it. I can hardly get an iPhone out of the pocket without a struggle. Plus it might be too visible for "concealed" carry. I use the inside wide slip pocket. It is close to the top of the bag and makes it easy to get to, but easy to avoid when you are reaching for other things in the bag. Sad that we have to do this for sure. And I would not use it to protect property only, only a real threat to the life of someone.
Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.26.07 AM.png

I have an LV Totally bag and I don't think it would work well. The pockets are deep and wrap around the bag making for a snug it. I can hardly get an iPhone out of the pocket without a struggle. Plus it might be too visible for "concealed" carry. I use the inside wide slip pocket. It is close to the top of the bag and makes it easy to get to, but easy to avoid when you are reaching for other things in the bag. Sad that we have to do this for sure. And I would not use it to protect property only, only a real threat to the life of someone.
View attachment 4868674
Check out that purse holster they have on Amazon, I think it’s out of stock now but it’s been great with my Siena. Not good for my Epi Madeleine PM. For safety I carry the gun with the barrel facing down, I learned in my class. Less risk of killing someone with an accident. Check them out! Easy to draw and fits a lot of purses.

B01D6D7E-3E49-4B27-B153-0E6F02FA9A03.png

I personally wouldn’t carry in my purse. I prefer to carry on my person. I have a CCW as well. My instructor said carrying in your purse is risky because in the event of a robbery a robber will grab your purse and run faster than you can draw your weapon and shoot. And now he has your weapon. It’s also easier for the kids to get ahold of. My kids are taught fun safety and not to touch but accidents happen. There are lots of low profile discrete carrying solutions for women that don’t show even with form fitting clothing.

But I’m fat!! :biggrin:
my kids were our foster kids and because we were in the adoption phase they allowed us to conceal, otherwise you can’t.
I have my purse on me the entire time cross body, gun goes back in safe as soon as we step in the house. Kids are taught safety and we have randomly left an unloaded gun with no magazine somewhere on purpose to test our kids. All of them came to tell us: mom there is a gun right there.
Yes when we have little ones every caution is necessary. It only takes one stupid mistake! That’s why we don’t allow toy guns at home. Their mom tried to buy them that a couple of times and I told her no. Gun is serious, it’s not to be seen as a toy. I’m gonna look for something like that to put on my big tummy hahaha
Thank you so much

I did a search here and couldn’t find anything. Ladies with concealed permit who carry: what is your favorite bag to carry your gun safely?
I have a Siena GM and I bought a purse holster but I feel like it doesn’t fit snugly and if I need to draw I’m afraid the whole thing will come with it. But it’s still better than having to buy an ugly concealed purse.
I’m sad I cannot use my Epi Madeleine PM as the Holster and weapon is too bulky for that bag. The perfect bag I found but a bit small is a Brahmin I got as a gift and Miu-Miu is ok but too soft to conceal.

View attachment 4868452

View attachment 4868453
Hello! Super late reply, but I use Packin' Neat for my purses. They come in several different sizes, and also double as a purse organizer. I am very happy with them!
I would also like to add that I use that when I am working; on the weekends and if I go out after work, I use a belly band holster from Can Can Concealment.

Reactions: bagwhore808
Ok now I am home in Alabama and I can show my current purse carry. I am currently using my LV Boulogne and my purse holster fits perfectly. I carry a Sig Sauer P365XL and I am planning on purchasing a longer crossbody strap because I feel that carry a pistol in your purse any other way will not allow you to get to your pistol fast enough. That’s why I use zip top purse only and when I am out and about I leave it open. Flaps just take a little too long to get to my pistol. As you can see there is a flap with a magnetic closure to conceal it even when it’s open!

Attachments

• C0ED13B9-1923-48D3-BB91-66575403D6DA.jpeg
    C0ED13B9-1923-48D3-BB91-66575403D6DA.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 19
  • 93BC8635-8B83-4D10-9DF2-3AD43110BD48.jpeg
    93BC8635-8B83-4D10-9DF2-3AD43110BD48.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 681CE2C0-7686-49F5-ACFF-61431BE7D73B.jpeg
    681CE2C0-7686-49F5-ACFF-61431BE7D73B.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 17
  • B7821E09-35BA-46F4-BD4B-4EE96D041F63.jpeg
    B7821E09-35BA-46F4-BD4B-4EE96D041F63.jpeg