RIP Kenzo Takada

Once upon a time, long, long ago I was a student in Paris, and often visited Kenzo’s boutique on rue du Cherche-Midi, called Jungle Jap. He was always there, smiling and courteous, often with his top model pal, Wilhelmina. He formed a group with Sonia Rykiel, Paco Rabanne, and the renowned baker, Lionel Poilane. They used to have coffee or a drink together at Le Sauvignon. Happy, happy memories of a wonderful person. RIP.

Once upon a time, long, long ago I was a student in Paris, and often visited Kenzo’s boutique on rue du Cherche-Midi, called Jungle Jap. He was always there, smiling and courteous, often with his top model pal, Wilhelmina. He formed a group with Sonia Rykiel, Paco Rabanne, and the renowned baker, Lionel Poilane. They used to have coffee or a drink together at Le Sauvignon. Happy, happy memories of a wonderful person. RIP.
Wonderful memories.

In the late 80s, one of my most precious possessions was a Kenzo velvet jacket. Indigo blue with one of those folky flower patterns. I shared it with my sister and we wore it to death. He was a great designer and gave the impression of being a great person too. Rest in peace.

I loved Kenzo's fashion when I was a teenager in the 1980's. I saved up all I had from part-time and holiday jobs and waited for the Kenzo pieces to go on super sale at The Squire Shop in Sydney. I'd even call up the Squire Shop and ask them when Kenzo was to go on sale so I could get there early with my cash ready to buy whatever I could afford, which wasn't all that much.

I've still got a few pieces packed away somewhere but one of my most worn Kenzo things back then was a pair of bright green silk pointy toe flats. They were fabulous! I adored those shoes until the time I wore them to a party and someone spilt red wine on them, which ended their useful (and beautiful) life.

One of my very early fashion obsessions. RIP Kenzo :heart: