Staple shawl recommendation

MiaKing

Sep 15, 2019
I would like to buy one staple shawl for my wardrobe. My clothes are mostly neutral black/grey/beige and I'm looking for just one shawl that I could wear with almost anything. I narrowed my searches to classic burberry shawl/scarf and lv monogram lightweight shawl in greige. Both are neutral in colors. Is there any designer shawl under 1k you could recommend? Thanks :idea:

20201004_091115.jpg

20201004_091103.jpg

I have the Burberry scarves in almost every colour, I find the men's scarves actually better, I actually have one in grey/black where the nova check is more subdued and less obvious, but the thing with most scarves that really puts me off is the fact that you can't wash them, I bought a few Missoni scarves from cotton that are super easy to wash and totally love them. I first thought they are only for casual wear, but they actually look quite good with more formal outfits too, as they are quite classy and add a splash of colour, plust they are really not that expensive.

I have the Burberry scarves in almost every colour, I find the men's scarves actually better, I actually have one in grey/black where the nova check is more subdued and less obvious, but the thing with most scarves that really puts me off is the fact that you can't wash them, I bought a few Missoni scarves from cotton that are super easy to wash and totally love them. I first thought they are only for casual wear, but they actually look quite good with more formal outfits too, as they are quite classy and add a splash of colour, plust they are really not that expensive.
I will check out Missoni scarves, thanks for the referral! Totally agree about not being able to wash $1k scarves by myself. I’m afraid to send them out for cleaning because they might get ruined.

I would like to buy one staple shawl for my wardrobe. My clothes are mostly neutral black/grey/beige and I'm looking for just one shawl that I could wear with almost anything. I narrowed my searches to classic burberry shawl/scarf and lv monogram lightweight shawl in greige. Both are neutral in colors. Is there any designer shawl under 1k you could recommend? Thanks :idea:

View attachment 4867774

View attachment 4867775
I like the LV better because the print isn’t as loud. Have you thought about a burgundy or dark purple color? It would be a nice coordinating contrast to black/grey/beige.

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I will check out Missoni scarves, thanks for the referral! Totally agree about not being able to wash $1k scarves by myself. I’m afraid to send them out for cleaning because they might get ruined.

Something you breathe in all the time, at times cover mouth and nose with it, you want to be able to wash it on a regular basis

Reactions: Annawakes