Ostrich/Autruche Capucines BB

mssquidster

Oct 2, 2020
Hi there! Just purchased a new to me ostrich Capucines BB and while I eagerly await it's arrival, I wanted to check if anyone here has experience with this bag in this leather. Would love to know your experience, pros & cons and how you protect your handle. The bag I bought was noted to have a bit of darkening already on the handle which doesn't look bad at all in the photos, will obviously see the true extent when it arrives. TIA!

I think I know the one you bought! They listed it for like 2K more than normal reselling prices. I don't have the BB in ostrich but ostrich is super easy to care for. It will for sure darken more so if you don't want the handle darker (like it changes to dark brown/black over time) then cover it with a twilly. The only color you don't have to worry about is the very dark browns and blacks, the golden brown and fun colors will darken. Ostrich is very lightweight and super easy to care for. Hopefully you'll like it!

I think I know the one you bought! They listed it for like 2K more than normal reselling prices. I don't have the BB in ostrich but ostrich is super easy to care for. It will for sure darken more so if you don't want the handle darker (like it changes to dark brown/black over time) then cover it with a twilly. The only color you don't have to worry about is the very dark browns and blacks, the golden brown and fun colors will darken. Ostrich is very lightweight and super easy to care for. Hopefully you'll like it!

Thanks for the advice! How funny that you saw the listing! Do you think it was overpriced? I thought it was pretty good considering the retail is $10-11k. The few secondhand ostrich BBs that I saw had sold for over $6k.

Thanks for the advice! How funny that you saw the listing! Do you think it was overpriced? I thought it was pretty good considering the retail is $10-11k. The few secondhand ostrich BBs that I saw had sold for over $6k.
I saw one on resale brand new for $2500. I was judging based off that. I found one on TRR and I think one other site. I only saw two though, they are harder to find. I wasn't even looking. I just remember thinking they were really nice! Maybe you can see this link, I saw this one and one other.