Fake on Fashionphile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peachypink

Mar 12, 2013
Hey everyone,

I think I just found a fake on Fashionphile, do you agree with me?

It looks so obviously fake that if it is, I can’t believe how it got past control?! Everything is off about it..what do you guys think? I love Fashionphile but the fact this wasn’t picked up during authentification makes me scared...

Hey everyone,

It looks so obviously fake that if it is, I can’t believe how it got past control?! Everything is off about it..what do you guys think? I love Fashionphile but the fact this wasn’t picked up during authentification makes me scared...
What scares you about it if they guarantee your money back?

Hey everyone,

Just curious, what makes you think it’s fake? I can’t see any red flags but I’m no expert. I do own 6 chanel bags though and I don’t see anything obvious in the pictures

Maybe the stitching is throwing you off as it's a bit different? That being said, there's nothing that looks "fake" to me about this bag. I think people need to be careful in starting these threads. It creates doubt about sellers that are known as reliable (like Fashionphile), so it might be best to just have the bag authenticated here or elsewhere if you have questions. :smile:

Maybe the stitching is throwing you off as it's a bit different? That being said, there's nothing that looks "fake" to me about this bag. I think people need to be careful in starting these threads. It creates doubt about sellers that are known as reliable (like Fashionphile), so it might be best to just have the bag authenticated here or elsewhere if you have questions. :smile:
What scares you about it if they guarantee your money back?

Because I worry that if this slips through, I have no chance at catching a superfake which looks perfect. Fashionphile sells already authenticated bags, it’s technically not the buyer’s job to have it authenticated again but I guess it’s good to just be sure! Have any of you authenticated bags you’ve got from Fashionphile again?

Last edited:
Just curious, what makes you think it’s fake? I can’t see any red flags but I’m no expert. I do own 6 chanel bags though and I don’t see anything obvious in the pictures

The stitch count is low and the wrong thread color. The shape of the bag is puffy and round instead of defined (especially the bottom corners) and the CC hardware is wrong. It struck me immediately that somethings off but after comparing directly I see the difference, do you guys?

E9BD357E-A4EA-47B3-90CD-152DE88AA387.png

DA46E57E-04B5-4F53-BADE-EFD90F33DABD.png

1914FABE-DD08-4583-A3ED-BFFC7819B69A.png

Yes the stitchcount, thread color, shape and CC lock is wrong. I attached pictures compared to other ones in a reply above.

I’m obsessed with Chanel and I love Fashionphile so I browse their website everyday haha. This just makes me wonder if I need to have bags I buy vintage from well-recognized companies such as Fashionphile, Real Real, WGACA authenticated again by a third party? I thought I don’t have to as it’s already done by them, but this is what makes me slightly anxious now. Do any of you get your bags double authenticated?

Hey everyone,

I used to own this model, bought from the boutique. Sorry but nothing wrong with it. Not all seasonals are made the same way ;)

Last edited:
Yes the stitchcount, thread color, shape and CC lock is wrong. I attached pictures compared to other ones in a reply above.

I’m obsessed with Chanel and I love Fashionphile so I browse their website everyday haha. This just makes me wonder if I need to have bags I buy vintage from well-recognized companies such as Fashionphile, Real Real, WGACA authenticated again by a third party? I thought I don’t have to as it’s already done by them, but this is what makes me slightly anxious now. Do any of you get your bags double authenticated?
I agree with @pinkorchid20 regarding seasonal bags. I have a seasonal bag with big stitching as well. If you have a doubt and are interested in this bag have it authenticated by a professional. I think authentication is a must when one is buying 2nd hand regardless of who is the seller.

Hey everyone,

It does give out fake vibe; the shape, the right corner of the flap... something feels off.

I think peachypink is fine voicing her concern on this forum. This is why this forum exists.

Thank you all for the input!
I had no intention to accuse or discredit Fashionphile's authenticity with this post. As Incalifornia7 states, this is an open forum where we can all share and discuss our experiences to better our knowledge and future purchases. It's essential we have such outlets as, lets be honest, everyone can make mistakes. There's been cases where superfakes were returned to Chanel boutiques that were not detected by SA's.
To think that any, even well-regarded vintage re-salers, never can make a mistake in authenticity would be ignorant and dangerous. Authenticity is in reality just a collection of seasoned opinions. Superfakes are a reality we all need to be aware of, regardless of who is selling them. The risk of error/fake is of course lower in reputable companies, but it's still there. So I really appreciate the input, but I don't appreciate the accusations and I'm surprised there were so many negative comments. Afterall, I am a lover of pre-loved and vintage pieces and my post was to voice my genuine concern. Pre-loved is a big, scary place to navigate alone...what's the point of this forum if we can't help each other out!

Status
Not open for further replies.