Which one to pick?

Python is a snake and python skin is a snake skin also. The description given by LV is not accurate as both handles are from snake skin. Python and ayers are the most used so I guess under "snakeskin" they mean ayers skin. It is less expensive than python, less delicate and has smaller scales.

I will choose neither one of the bags because the snakeskin is on the handles. I have several python skin bags and except one, all handles are caw leather. You probably know that snakeskin requires a lot of maintenance and even if you look properly after it, the scales lift eventually - you will need regularly to condition it, you should avoid direct sunlight, water, hand creams, heat and especially friction, which is not really possible when it is on the handles. I'm terrified each time I take my all-snakeskin bag - the touch of the lifted scales is very nice and gives unique feeling, but I'm terrified I can damage the leather if the bag slides up my hand on my jacket or any top I'm wearing.

This is not to turn you off buying, but something to think about.

Also snake skin bags do not hold their value as caw skin bags.

Last edited:
Python is a snake and python skin is a snake skin also. The description given by LV is not accurate as both handles are from snake skin. Python and ayers are the most used so I guess under "snakeskin" they mean ayers skin. It is less expensive than python, less delicate and has smaller scales.

I will choose neither one of the bags because the snakeskin is on the handles. I have several python skin bags and except one, all handles are caw leather. You probably know that snakeskin requires a lot of maintenance and even if you look properly after it, the scales lift eventually - you will need regularly to condition it, you should avoid direct sunlight, water, hand creams, heat and especially friction, which is not really possible when it is on the handles. I'm terrified each time I take my all-snakeskin bag - the touch of the lifted scales is very nice and gives unique feeling, but I'm terrified I can damage the leather if the bag slides up my hand on my jacket or any top I'm wearing.

This is not to turn you off buying, but something to think about.

Also snake skin bags do not hold their value as caw skin bags.
I am buying this pre-love in pristine condition for almost half retail. I have a bag in Ayer handle and it’s very durable so far, Python is beautiful,in this bag but not sure of the scale. Ayer handle bags are ok to purchase in California but not Python. I live in Nevada and it’s ok.

I am buying this pre-love in pristine condition for almost half retail. I have a bag in Ayer handle and it’s very durable so far, Python is beautiful,in this bag but not sure of the scale. Ayer handle bags are ok to purchase in California but not Python. I live in Nevada and it’s ok.

just wanted to say “Hi!” fellow Nevadan.

Reactions: CPA
@CPA

No, they don't fall - they lift a bit from the back side. The problem is when they are lifted, the lifted part is prone to damage, especially if it is dehydrated (hard). It is actually quite nice and I like it - it is an unique feature of the snake skin, but it needs a lot of care - for example I do not afford to slide my bag with python handles on my arm, to move it, I always lift it up, and I never use a hand cream, baby wipes or now sanitizer gel on my hands - only water and soap, and I make sure my hands are dry before I take the bag.

Half price is good :smile: so go for it :tup: :tup:

@CPA

No, they don't fall - they lift a bit from the back side. The problem is when they are lifted, the lifted part is prone to damage, especially if it is dehydrated (hard). It is actually quite nice and I like it - it is an unique feature of the snake skin, but it needs a lot of care - for example I do not afford to slide my bag with python handles on my arm, to move it, I always lift it up, and I never use a hand cream, baby wipes or now sanitizer gel on my hands - only water and soap, and I make sure my hands are dry before I take the bag.

Half price is good :smile: so go for it :tup: :tup:
The problem is I tend o pick on things when they are sticking up, like my nails, I would cut it tear it off. The scales would have a crush sound when holding the handle? Maybe I wait to get the Ayer one so the scale doesn’t lift?

The Ayer is more durable, Python is nicer but risk scales standing up and maintenance and have to ba the more. Dilemna

That is tough because you may ended up pampering more than you should. We all take all the precautions with our bads but we have to enjoy them too. The handle is going to be touched all the time. Just food for thought

All snakeskin scales lift eventually. As I said, I find it quite nice, that's why I have a few. IMO nails will not be a problem when the snakeskin is just on handles. BB is the smallest size so I would go for the first one because python scales are bigger - smaller pattern seems better to me to BB size.