Chanel classic slingbacks

Hi all!

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy during these stressful times. Can anybody tell me if these beige and black slingbacks are a regular? I want to wait a little to get them since I'm literally sheltering in place but wanted to know if they are reissued every year and also if the price stays consistent. Any other tips about these would be much appreciated. Thank you!! :heart:

Hi all!

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy during these stressful times. Can anybody tell me if these beige and black slingbacks are a regular? I want to wait a little to get them since I'm literally sheltering in place but wanted to know if they are reissued every year and also if the price stays consistent. Any other tips about these would be much appreciated. Thank you!! :heart:

Hello,

Yes, I have a pair and these are classics. Run TTS IMO and yes the price does increase on these, not sure how often as I purchased mine during a fluke sale at Barneys NY a few years back.

And I have seen them in variations with different color options throughout the years. Maybe someone else will chime in regarding price increase intervals on the shoes. As im not sure how often they increase, good luck.

Reactions: marlena-95
Hello,

Yes, I have a pair and these are classics. Run TTS IMO and yes the price does increase on these, not sure how often as I purchased mine during a fluke sale at Barneys NY a few years back.

And I have seen them in variations with different color options throughout the years. Maybe someone else will chime in regarding price increase intervals on the shoes. As im not sure how often they increase, good luck.
Omg that's amazing that you got them on sale!!!

Omg that's amazing that you got them on sale!!!
I agree! It was so crazy because I wasnt even shopping for them at the time. I was working with my SA during a sale trying to find a different shoe. During her search she let me know she came across these in the sale and couldnt understand why since they were classics. I think I got them for like $280.

Those were the good ole Barneys days....there sales were legendary. You were golden if you had a dedicated SA you worked with on a regular. I swear im still in mourning and not over losing them.:sad:

Hello,

Do you find that they're comfortable? I tried a dupe and the sling kept slipping off with every step I took. Is it like that on the real pair?

Do you find that they're comfortable? I tried a dupe and the sling kept slipping off with every step I took. Is it like that on the real pair?
I've read elsewhere that some women have problems with slippage; some have even had a few stitches sewn into the band which slips down behind the ankle.

Hello :smile:
I bought the slingback pumps a few months ago. I find them to be extremely comfortable for a shoe with a heel. The sling does not slip off but I think that really depends on the individual foot shape.
I wear a German size 40, an Italian size 39 and my feet are rather narrow. I bought the shoes in a Chanel size 40 (French size?). I tried them on in size 39 first, but they were a little bit too small.
I just brought them to a cobbler for attaching a rubber sole on the leather sole for protection. I wore them regularly before but i just wanted to make sure that they'll last for a while.
Also, I recently ordered the Dune London slingback flats dupe online because I was curious, I did not like them but I'll add a photo in case anyone is interested how they compare.

IMG_3199.jpg
The shoes right after unboxing.

IMG_7219.jpgIMG_7210 copy.jpg
The shoes with the protective sole added.

IMG_7198.jpg
Compared to the Dune London slingback flats.

I have a pair of these bought in 2018. Love them and wear them daily! They don't slip off but then mine is a snug fit. I recall the price was US$600 (or US$700 at the most?) then but now when I check it's almost US$900 already. Definitely grab them sooner than later.

Reactions: marlena-95
I just wanted to jump on here and add something: ladies, there is no need to add a protective sole to brand new shoes.

I have done it too. I once brought fresh out of the box expensive heels to a cobbler (they had a red leather sole) and had them equipped with a red protective sole. It looks good but I remember the expert telling me: “why are you doing this to this gorgeous shoe? Just wear it! You can add a sole to it anytime once it’s been worn some years!”

And he was right (RIP, he passed during the pandemic).

Why?

Because to Add a “protective sole” the cobbler needs to take off half of the actual leather sole to be on level with the rest of the shoe with the layer he is adding.

You may as well do that yourself by wearing it and enjoying it for a few years until it’s so worn that it needs a sole.

Also: the sole material does come in all colours of the rainbow. Nude, beige, white, red, blue, pink.
If you want a sole added, have them pick nude so it matches the sole.
With heels, one can see the added sole from the back which is why getting a colour match is crucial for a seamless look.

Wear the shoes! They stop being slippery the first time you hit gravel (on can even use the steet to roughen the sole and get more grip, been there, done that)

Then add soles a few years down the road ❤️