Blue Izmir Kelly 32 on its way!

Acespade

Feb 28, 2014
Hello all! After years, nay decades, of drooling over Hermes bags and painstakingly researching bag types, sizes, leathers, and colors, over the weekend I finally purchased my very first Hermes bag (online, preloved) for myself to celebrate a big birthday. I'm beyond thrilled and the short four day (haha!) wait has been excruciating. The biggest question I find myself mulling over now is the color - it is just literally impossible to truly know what a color will be without seeing it in person, and even then a lot of Hermes colors are such chameleons and look different depending on the light. I've scoured the internet for pics of Blue Izmir bags, preferable in Clemence, and they all look so different! My bag looks very green/teal in the photos, and other photos of BI look much brighter and bluer. I'm not so much worried, per se, because I'm not extremely picky and all of these shades look gorgeous to me. But if anyone has a BI bag I would love to see pics, especially if you have any other Hermes blue item to compare it to. TY! :drool:

Reactions: ryukafroo
Here are pics of my BI Kelly 35 Clemence and a comparison pic with Blue Paradise Bolide 27. BI is truly a chameleons colour. IRL it is blue with green teal but I could never capture the green undertone on pictures, it makes it very interesting. Congratulations on your kelly 32, you won't regret it, enjoy!

Beautiful bags! I can really see the teal in your BI, next to the BP. Love your contrasting twilly, too, very classic looking. I have an appointment at a H boutique next weekend to get one.

Reactions: candyapple15
View attachment 4856337View attachment 4856338

Here are pics of my BI Kelly 35 Clemence and a comparison pic with Blue Paradise Bolide 27. BI is truly a chameleons colour. IRL it is blue with green teal but I could never capture the green undertone on pictures, it makes it very interesting. Congratulations on your kelly 32, you won't regret it, enjoy!
I love the canvas strap in matching color. Do you have an Evelyne in BI? I am trying to get a matching canvas strap for my Etain Kelly but it's turning out to be an issue. Not sure I want another Evie but may have to consider down the road.

I love the canvas strap in matching color. Do you have an Evelyne in BI? I am trying to get a matching canvas strap for my Etain Kelly but it's turning out to be an issue. Not sure I want another Evie but may have to consider down the road.

This is a special edition Kelly which only came with canvas shoulder strap instead of the regular leather one some years ago. I would recommend a canvas strap for big bag like Kelly 35 because when it is loaded it is getting quite heavy and canvas strap is very comfortable to shoulder carry with. If you want a canvas strap for your Kelly but don't want a same colour Evie just because of the strap, you may consider the H sangle canvas strap, they are also very interesting. Good luck hunting. :smile:

Reactions: coloradolvr