Does my dream exist?

Mme C

Dec 6, 2017
Bonjour, mes amis! I wonder if the bag I want even exists.

My perfect Chanel bag is what is on the Chanel site as the 2.55, and often called here “the reissue,” but with the durable caviar leather (I don’t like the worn-out looking leather — and I can’t imagine Mademoiselle ever wearing anything that was intentionally distressed!), and I desire either black or beige color. It must have gold hardware.

Please let me know whether anyone has ever seen this possibility!

Chanel released the Reissue in caviar years ago, but I have mainly seen them in calf and sheep (lamb on rare occasions) during the last years. With Chanel you never know what will be coming, but I suggest you start searching on the preloved market as it can take years, if they ever decide to release them again in caviar. Currently it is not an option. Good luck hunting!!

Bonjour, mes amis! I wonder if the bag I want even exists.

My perfect Chanel bag is what is on the Chanel site as the 2.55, and often called here “the reissue,” but with the durable caviar leather (I don’t like the worn-out looking leather — and I can’t imagine Mademoiselle ever wearing anything that was intentionally distressed!), and I desire either black or beige color. It must have gold hardware.

Please let me know whether anyone has ever seen this possibility!
I think it does exist! I bought mine in 2019- but was actually from 2017. My Nordstrom SA found it! I think she had been in the back of cabinet and forgotten. Perfect condition! Size 225. I think goatskin, and the lining is pink...so I think it was a seasonal variation. Just stay patient because I think they do something like this variation every few years? I have seen some others ( also in chevron) that are not distressed leather- so they do exist. I personally prefer the chevron over the quilting. I think the quilted versions do look more distressed. I bought both to compare and chose this one! Good luck- you will find one!

2AD84EFB-1826-4534-8781-ED41A70E257E.jpeg

616A4A7D-C369-420F-A025-97871ED62D50.jpeg

B843CED3-DD0F-44E7-B751-CDDF6AF0CEDF.jpeg

I’ve seen them in lamb or sheepskin, on the reseller market if you’re willing to go that route. I’m with you, not a fan of the distressed/aged leather.

I have a 225 in black with ruthenium hardware. I’ve seen caviar reissues pop up (very rarely) on fashionphile and therealreal. There is currently a black 226 in caviar on TRR but it has ruthenium hardware and it looks like matte/soft caviar. Apparently they do exist with gold hw (linked below) but I haven’t personally seen one available online before. Good luck on your search!

38E34BBB-393D-47B3-A172-1BAF884078A3.jpeg

Reactions: LJChicago
I have a 225 in black with ruthenium hardware. I’ve seen caviar reissues pop up (very rarely) on fashionphile and therealreal. There is currently a black 226 in caviar on TRR but it has ruthenium hardware and it looks like matte/soft caviar. Apparently they do exist with gold hw (linked below) but I haven’t personally seen one available online before. Good luck on your search!

View attachment 4853444
Oh, the bag in this picture is my dream Chanel together with a light tweed! I too like the old lock but not the distressed leather. I think I made a thread similar to this once.

I own a reissue 227 in grey caviar leather with ruthenium hardware. I absolutely love it and use it constantly.

So, they do exist, but even for me this was a unicorn find.

I own a reissue 227 in grey caviar leather with ruthenium hardware. I absolutely love it and use it constantly.

So, they do exist, but even for me this was a unicorn find.
may i please see a photo of how your grey 227 look like? ❤
i love the 20c grey color like the classic flap in this video: and i've seen a similar gray in mini for 20c. but has chanel came out with reissue in this grey that's bigger the size mini?
thank you!

may i please see a photo of how your grey 227 look like? ❤
i love the 20c grey color like the classic flap in this video: and i've seen a similar gray in mini for 20c. but has chanel came out with reissue in this grey that's bigger the size mini?
thank you!

Sorry for the late update, haven't been on the forum for a while.
Here you go!

3C2ECDE8-9E87-4E4E-ACA6-3DD47E80E24A_1_105_c.jpeg

636AAE95-7934-407C-8F71-489C60EBC2DF_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: thebagqueen