Should I complain to my SA. Is this back pocket on my small classic flap too misaligned

Missmsull

Jan 7, 2020
Hi guys, I just bought my third Chanel bag. Due to quarantine I bought it without seeing and had my SA send in the post. I love the bag but the rear pocket is quite far to the left. I know each bag is different but it kind of annoys me considering my other bags aren’t like this and also I spent almost 10k! What should I do ? Customer service for Chanel is awful in my experience and I doubt they will do anything about it. Should I reach out to sa anyway?

760DCD0D-EE29-4CAF-B826-25351F6E43D6.jpeg

Request an exchange. You have spent a lot of money. You deserve it to be right. It’s Chanel. It would do my head in like Jenaver20 said.

im on my third Gucci Dionysus. They changed it twice in 7 months. stitching came undone on the first, then the clasp was sticking on the second. Third time lucky

Hi guys, I just bought my third Chanel bag. Due to quarantine I bought it without seeing and had my SA send in the post. I love the bag but the rear pocket is quite far to the left. I know each bag is different but it kind of annoys me considering my other bags aren’t like this and also I spent almost 10k! What should I do ? Customer service for Chanel is awful in my experience and I doubt they will do anything about it. Should I reach out to sa anyway?

View attachment 4849816
This is pretty bad. Should never have passed inspection. The least they could do is get this even for 6k. Classics (the double flaps) are supposed to have the highest standards amongst all Chanel bags, perfection per se, and this isn't perfection. I know some ppl see a misaligned stitch or a tiny pull along the base of a tight stitch or something like that, livable, but things like this, crooked flaps, crooked clasps, upside down CC are things that should never ever ever have gotten to the stores.

More than the misaligned back pocket.... what bothers me the most is the uneven quilting left on the right side vs left side. Do you guys see what I mean?? There are more quilting going on on the right side compare to the left side. The bag is not even centered.It will drive me crazy! Regardless I would return 100%.

Last edited:
Update: I told my SA they have arranged an exchange... but they say that they can’t guarantee that they will swap it over because I took one of the protective stickers off before I noticed the problem... like seriously I had the bag for 3 hours and now it’s going straight back in the post. What’s worse is this is the SECOND time this has happened to me. My first Chanel that I bought a few years ago (another classic flap) had stitching completely missing from one of the diamonds in the quilt pattern. I didn’t notice until 3 days later and they almost didn’t replace that bag because I’d had it for a few days. The quilt had no stitching! Anyway safe to say I’m never ever shopping at Chanel again. I kept going back because I love the brand and the products but I’ve never had such bad service. And the quality in my experience is bad... should have gone to dior or just paid a little more for Hermes. I don’t even want the bag now it’s left such a bad taste in my mouth...

Reactions: Glitterbomb
Update: I told my SA they have arranged an exchange... but they say that they can’t guarantee that they will swap it over because I took one of the protective stickers off before I noticed the problem... like seriously I had the bag for 3 hours and now it’s going straight back in the post. What’s worse is this is the SECOND time this has happened to me. My first Chanel that I bought a few years ago (another classic flap) had stitching completely missing from one of the diamonds in the quilt pattern. I didn’t notice until 3 days later and they almost didn’t replace that bag because I’d had it for a few days. The quilt had no stitching! Anyway safe to say I’m never ever shopping at Chanel again. I kept going back because I love the brand and the products but I’ve never had such bad service. And the quality in my experience is bad... should have gone to dior or just paid a little more for Hermes. I don’t even want the bag now it’s left such a bad taste in my mouth...
I am so sorry that has happened to you. I can totally see what you mean from the photo. I guess it really depends on your SA too. I bought a cardholder last week, went home and realised there was glue residue and the slots don't align on the front and back. I contacted my SA and she welcomed me to do an exchange. But I went into the store on her day off and I was served by another SA. She started telling me everything is handmade so there could be imperfections. I told her I understand but I am paying a lot for a cardholder and I am looking for a better one. I insisted on doing an exchange and she bought 2 out for me to pick, 1 of them had imperfections too. It's quite shocking to see the QC is so bad at Chanel.

Another update. The manager called me and she was very good and extremely apologetic considering this is the second time this has happened! She is going to exchange and measure to make sure it’s perfect as well as provide me with a ‘small gift’ I’m really happy that she reached out and apologised and promised me they would resolve the issue plus fix my bag if I have any problems in the future.