Odeon PM & MM Dilemma

JazziMe

Nov 29, 2015
It’s been a while, getting excited over a bag. But fell in love with Odeon! And then came the dilemma, which size. So I managed to get both, the size different is noticeable, considering there only a few cm in it. I’ve attached pictures. I was pleasantly surprised that the PM even tho has a small opening had no difficulty handling a full sized wallet, along with a full mini pochette, cles x 2, round coin purse and my rather large glasses case.... with room still to spare. And my phone in the front pocket with my keys.
I found the MM too big for my every day stuff but I think would be a good travel bag plenty of room for iPad and kindle and the front pocket is large enough to carry passport and tickets.
So it’s the PM for me for now

CD57910F-C0AE-4C07-95A5-7F2A0BA91BBA.jpeg

68670D91-C782-4C06-9AC4-90CCF9F3A2D2.jpeg

DBD94CB3-A0D3-47AA-A362-6B3E498AEA9F.jpeg

I would go for the PM since you said it fits everything you carry. When I travel, I prefer a large tote and a small crossbody where I keep the crossbody in the larger tote on flights. Pull it out when I am on a tour or day trip

Carrying a large crossbody gets heavy over time and I don’t want to be lugging any iPad or Kindle around all the time.

Your height is a determining factor, if you are tall, I’m sure you can carry the MM.

I have exactly the same dilemma. The strap on the MM was 39" while the PM was 42.5". Along with the size working for me, I also wanted to be able to carry her crossbody and the MM was just not long enough. I am also 5'5" so I was thinking the MM was a little too big on me.

Lovely bags - I would go Pm if you're wanting mostly a bag to use for shopping trips, lunches etc and the MM if you're looking for more of a work tote/travel bag to carry stuff in.

Reactions: JazziMe
I would go for the PM since you said it fits everything you carry. When I travel, I prefer a large tote and a small crossbody where I keep the crossbody in the larger tote on flights. Pull it out when I am on a tour or day trip

Carrying a large crossbody gets heavy over time and I don’t want to be lugging any iPad or Kindle around all the time.

Your height is a determining factor, if you are tall, I’m sure you can carry the MM.
The PM is so cute! I bought the vachetta version but returned it and now I want another one...just not sure if the vachetta or black.
I love the black and mono combo! The vachetta strap is what would worry me, as I sometimes tend to hold the strap whilst walking. I have to say it’s one of my favourite bags.

I am favouring the PM, I’m 5.3 so yes finding MM big crossbody.
I only carry kindle/ iPad if travelling so I have something to do on the train etc.

Lovely bags - I would go Pm if you're wanting mostly a bag to use for shopping trips, lunches etc and the MM if you're looking for more of a work tote/travel bag to carry stuff in.
Yes I am favouring the PM as I would use it more daily. Am thinking may sell my pochette metis and keep the MM as replacement. Have a week or so to decide. I find the strap of the pochette metis quite rigid.

Thanks for this info, i'm fairly sure i want this bag but again size i'm unsure. Id use this bag everyday and if/when we get back to "normal" commuting to work so would need to be able to carry essentials - keys, umbrella, wallet, little makeup bag plus random bits and pieces we all have thrown in at times(hat, gloves) and a book. I'm 5'5 (135-140lbs ;)
Boutique local to me currently only has MM size in stock that i can see online, if they had both sizes i'd probably go to city to try on but they dont have the PM in stock so all insight and recommendations appreciated from those who own it or have tried it on.

I’m 5ft and love my MM even though I’m short. I wear it on the shoulder though which is how I mostly like to wear my day bags. For regular cross-body wear the PM would be better imo. I prefer to use my Montaigne strap with my Odeon because it sits a little higher. I still love the thick strap it comes with though, (it’s super comfy plus I’m finding it really handy for cross-body wear with my smaller bags).

E5F88B01-7CD9-4021-ACDE-8F0F4759DA3B.jpeg

38098AE3-25B4-43A3-BED9-B7CD89AEE3F1.jpeg

8B0A172E-F95A-4DB0-9731-D73776E8DD96.jpeg

3077BAC3-3382-4D0A-B2F7-75B598D99F49.jpeg

I’m 5ft and love my MM even though I’m short. I wear it on the shoulder though which is how I mostly like to wear my day bags. For regular cross-body wear the PM would be better imo. I prefer to use my Montaigne strap with my Odeon because it sits a little higher. I still love the thick strap it comes with though, (it’s super comfy plus I’m finding it really handy for cross-body wear with my smaller bags).

View attachment 4850867

View attachment 4850868

View attachment 4850869

View attachment 4850870
Thank you for these photos, I think MM is lovely on you, it might be the size best for me

View attachment 4850867

View attachment 4850868

View attachment 4850869

View attachment 4850870

You're a pretty girl. The MM does look well on you. Not too big at all.

Reactions: Loriad