Can’t decide between Chanel XL cardholder or Chanel zip coin purse. Anyone experience wear and tear on the zip?

Help! I’m looking into purchasing either the xl cardholder (with the two sections) or the zip coin purse (accordion 3slot) to use as a wallet. From what I’ve seen on YouTube the zip coin purse can fit more but the zipper fabric also pills and shows wear really quickly? Can anyone help or provide input on either of the slgs? TIA!!

I hope they’re selling the xl cardholder this season in black caviar

I assume you be the the flap cardholder that is bigger and has a back pocket. It that is the one, then I would definitely get that one. Cash fits better, it has a front slit pocket, and 2 larger sections and the back pocket. The back pocket is great to put a couple cards into, so you basically have 4 slots in total versus 3 in the zipper coin purse. I love them both, but find the XL more usable as a wallet.IMG_1610.jpeg

IMG_1611.jpeg

I had the zipped coin purse and sold it. I didn’t use it often because I rotated my SLGs often and I didn’t tend to grab for that particular one, but I noticed that it was starting to show wear on the fabric. I have the smaller flap card holder and I love it. It’s my favorite style and I’m looking to add the XL one as soon as it comes out in the combination that I’m looking for (black caviar GHW).

Thank you all for your input! I'll hold out for the XL cardholder.

I had the zipped coin purse and sold it. I didn’t use it often because I rotated my SLGs often and I didn’t tend to grab for that particular one, but I noticed that it was starting to show wear on the fabric. I have the smaller flap card holder and I love it. It’s my favorite style and I’m looking to add the XL one as soon as it comes out in the combination that I’m looking for (black caviar GHW).
I would get it in black caviar with GHW too lol. If you happen to see one can you let me know? We're probably not in the same city but that would mean they're making it that season and I can check my local boutiques

Thank you all for your input! I'll hold out for the XL cardholder.

I would get it in black caviar with GHW too lol. If you happen to see one can you let me know? We're probably not in the same city but that would mean they're making it that season and I can check my local boutiques

I’m in Canada and I’ve been patiently waiting for it for years now. My SA had the lambskin version a few years but and more recently black caviar with SHW. I almost caved but if I’ve been waiting this long, might as well wait some more to get what I really want. If I do see it I’ll let you know :smile:

Reactions: missmary00
I have the zip coin purses. I only use them for cards, no cash or coins. I love this style. It is so compact, cute and fits several cards. The zipper shows minor pilling, but this doesn’t bother me in the least.

Reactions: missmary00
Does anyone have the coin purse in grey at their local boutique? It’s apparently not being sold in the UK so thought I’d check if anyone had seen it. I have the grey cardholder so wanted a setB693065D-86F2-414E-959C-A32A0018D3BD.jpegD6FC1322-F1EC-4A1A-94E5-44397476689A.jpeg

Reactions: More bags