Misshapen Birkin Handles - bad storage

Marilla

O.G.
Jul 22, 2012
Does anyone know if there’s a way to restore the shape of the handles on a Birkin that’s been stored badly? The handles have become a bit bent and misshapen. Thank you

Last edited:
Has the bag been previously authenticated?

I would try placing heavy items but not too heavy (i.e. lots of papers or something like that) in the bag and then hang the bag from a door knob. That’s just me personally — I don’t baby my bags though.

If that didn’t work, I would take it into H and see what their craftsman can do.

Good luck!

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Has the bag been previously authenticated?

I would try placing heavy items but not too heavy (i.e. lots of papers or something like that) in the bag and then hang the bag from a door knob. That’s just me personally — I don’t baby my bags though.

If that didn’t work, I would take it into H and see what their craftsman can do.

Good luck!

Thank you. The bag has been authenticated by I would want bababebi to confirm the authentication. I’m going to look at it today - it’s my dream combo and I’ve given up with my wish list at Hermes! If the handles are too bad I’ll walk away but just wanted to know what my options might be to straighten them.
Thanks for your help SpicyTuna

You could try shaping tissue paper or a small bed roll to insert into the handle opening to reform them. I’ve done this with an old favorite that my DD used and abused. Give it time as it does work.