How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
My dear, I am sooo sorry to hear you are dealing with a resurgence of symptoms. My heart and sincerest wishes for healing go out to you. Know that we are all here for you when you need something to lift your spirits and cheer you on! Sending you big virtual hugs!
Your kind words make a world of difference. I'm feeling rather low, so you guys taking the time to support me is really uplifting. Thank you! :heart:

I haven't been online for a couple of months I think? I took an opportunity to get some much needed medical treatment whilst I had a small window where covid cases where lower in my area. Well, now my treatment has been interrupted because, believe it or not, somehow I have contracted covid for the 3rd freaking time! I don't know how common (or rare) this is.
The running theory with my doctors is that it's the initial infection, but it flares up within my system every now and then.

For the handful of you who had followed my initial updates regarding this, you may understand just how defeated I feel at this point. I have no idea how I am going to get through this again. My body is shattered. I was already struggling with the leftover symptoms I had from the first and second infections and wondering if I would ever be able to move and breathe normally again, and now to have a complete resurgence of all the symptoms...I don't have the words to describe this.
What the hell is this virus made of? I've always been aware of how frail we humans are- that something as small as a toothache can make us double over and cry- but my gosh this is a humbling experience.

Wishing my dear friends on here all the best and hoping with all my heart we start seeing global numbers go down. The thought of so many people experiencing what I currently am is truly depressing.

Thank you for all the support that everyone has given me. I'm beyond grateful for this community and I'm sorry I don't have a happier update.

I am so sorry to hear it, I think I am in the same boat, it is not that the infection has come back, it seems that I am one of the long termers, where it gave our immune system such a kicking that the symptoms flare up from time to time, unless of course you have been tested again and had a positive test, I heard of people getting it a 2nd time as the antibodies wear off, but never a 3rd time, but quite a few of us are in for the long haul.

It unfortunately happens more often than naught. 70% chance. Tell your docs that most of the antibodies that your body produces when it contracts is are short lived. And it does its damage so after each bout, you're a bit worse for wear. I get it. It really sux. No this isn't a hoax that affects a cursed few. The only comfort I can give you is that this is mostly likely the only time. Unless you plan on going way past 100 yrs ;)

The fatigue is the worst. Second is the breathing. Or at least trying to. I'm going to try light therapy because I'm out of options for energy and mood. And i know this will be an uphill battle for a while. Vaccine isn't happening this year. Next year if any but they've just announce that not everyone will be vaccinated until 2024. I cant even grasp that length of time because 2020 has been so hard. I've lived through some crazy stuff in my life, unfortunately a lot bad, but this year has been unsurmountable.

I stopped watching the vaccine trials. I just pray no one I care about dies because of this. I've already lost so many and too much. And I pray those on this thread who've unfortunately contracted it have a full recovery and stay virus free. Stay safe and stay blessed.

My breathing problems (the real gasping for air that then turns into an asthma attack) happen also at night, I started to use tiger balm on my chest and back, it makes it a bit easier, because waking up when you think you are dying from lack of air makes you then terrified of going back to sleep, so you're even more exhausted in the mornings.

Reactions: 880 and whateve
I haven't been online for a couple of months I think? I took an opportunity to get some much needed medical treatment whilst I had a small window where covid cases where lower in my area. Well, now my treatment has been interrupted because, believe it or not, somehow I have contracted covid for the 3rd freaking time! I don't know how common (or rare) this is.
The running theory with my doctors is that it's the initial infection, but it flares up within my system every now and then.

For the handful of you who had followed my initial updates regarding this, you may understand just how defeated I feel at this point. I have no idea how I am going to get through this again. My body is shattered. I was already struggling with the leftover symptoms I had from the first and second infections and wondering if I would ever be able to move and breathe normally again, and now to have a complete resurgence of all the symptoms...I don't have the words to describe this.
What the hell is this virus made of? I've always been aware of how frail we humans are- that something as small as a toothache can make us double over and cry- but my gosh this is a humbling experience.

Wishing my dear friends on here all the best and hoping with all my heart we start seeing global numbers go down. The thought of so many people experiencing what I currently am is truly depressing.

Thank you for all the support that everyone has given me. I'm beyond grateful for this community and I'm sorry I don't have a happier update.
I cannot imagine what you are going through. I wish you all the strength lady! :hbeat: I have never heard of contracting covid19 thrice, only cases that have occured twice have been in news. Thank you for sharing your story.:yes: It really makes me see how preveladged me and people close to me have been.

My breathing problems (the real gasping for air that then turns into an asthma attack) happen also at night, I started to use tiger balm on my chest and back, it makes it a bit easier, because waking up when you think you are dying from lack of air makes you then terrified of going back to sleep, so you're even more exhausted in the mornings.

:heart:

• Wow
Reactions: 880
I cannot imagine what you are going through. I wish you all the strength lady! :hbeat: I have never heard of contracting covid19 thrice, only cases that have occured twice have been in news. Thank you for sharing your story.:yes: It really makes me see how preveladged me and people close to me have been.

Seriously, I am so happy that you and yours haven't caught it, it is so unpredictable

• Love
Reactions: 880 and minnnea
Seriously, I am so happy that you and yours haven't caught it, it is so unpredictable

Yes. My country has been quite lucky but also I must say the leaders and officials have done a great job - and lets face it also pure luck as Covid19 came very late here. But it is going to stick around for quite some while, even if we would get first vaccination early next, it will take quite awhile before enough many are vaccinated. I hope you all the best, hopefully your post-symptoms will get easier and eventually fade away completely. :hugs:

I’ve been wondering about you. Not so good development afterall, but I pray that you’ll be able to fight the infection. Hugs to you dear!

Reactions: 880 and tealocean

I haven't been on this thread for a while and was so shocked to read that you are ill again! Doesn't seem fair at all for you to suffer three times with covid. However, I'm sure your body will kick covid's butt. Hang in there and rest. I think your round three fight makes you an expert on covid recovery.:heart::hugs:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: tealocean and 880
Some of you know how important my pups are to me. During the pandemic, I quite literally think they saved my precarious sanity. A month ago, Mia starting having diarrhea and stopped eating. Two weeks of testing and hospitalization later, it was discovered she had insulinoma (a kind of pancreatic cancer). She was in hospital more than she was home during the last month, so I decided to bring her home a little over a week ago. I gave her daily sub q fluids and made all kinds of concoctions to tempt her to eat. After refusing to eat or drink for 4 days, I took her back to hospital and let her go. I'm so heartbroken.
I am so sorry for your loss.

@jblended, I hope you feel better soon and that the doctors figure out how to help you!