• RG pave frivole with pink sapphire

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • YG small frivole

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • YG vintage alhambra

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Sep 30, 2006
So I have finally jumped down the rabbit hole after a few years of refraining. I should have jumped sooner. LOL. My first purchase(s) wasn't the cosmos or magic that I thought of. I debated wanting so many things, but wasn't sure to get what. I have finally settled on the 20 yg motif and got the extended posts for the yg vintage pave. However, should I have chose the pave frivole instead? It was so hard in the store. And vintage at the time won by a single hair, but am I overthinking? I included the regular YG vintage and YG frivole in the poll just in case. I have one for vintage (but we we were both on the fence btwn frivole and vintage), one for frivole, and one on the fence too maybe slightly towards frivole.

I love matching sets. I want a classic piece to transition through the decades of time...I am trying to see if it would be timeless when I wear it ten or twenty or thirty years from now. I love versatility of morning to night. I own mostly YG and then WG. Not a super big fan of RG but those pink sapphire centers are stunning.

Vintage is classic by its own right. Frivole is so whimsical and pretty, but would I be able to pull it off 15 years from now? Or is it too youthful? By saying that maybe vintage is aging me? Aha and that is why I come to you for the multiple opinions and reasoning.

20200914_111714.jpg

20200914_111651.jpg

20200914_111629.jpg

20200914_111602.jpg

20200914_111438.jpg

I think pave vintage yg earrings and the 20 motif are outstanding choices that will last a lifetime. You can always add some Frivole in pave or the solid gold later on. I think Frivole is fine for any age, but I prefer pave Frivole in white gold. However, I wouldn't change your choices for your first pieces.

Looking at the pictures, I actually think the VA fits your ear better than Frivole, too.

I was debating between the pave VA and frivole earrings too but in WG. They are both lovely but the VA is more wearable for everyday so it made more sense to me from a cost per wear perspective. The pave frivole are stunning but I think they’re a little too blingy for everyday. This is coming from someone who loves to wear heels and dresses up even on the weekends. I decided to go for the non pave WG frivole since the design is beautiful and I think it showcases the floral design better. So I vote pave VA and adding a pair of non pave frivole later ;)

The frivole u picked is in pink gold right. There is a color difference i rather not pair with yellow gold 20

I think yg 20 pave will look very nice and make a whole set.

I do agree with DS that non pave frivole is a lot nice with the mirror effect.

But but but!

The pink frivole is very limited....
You might want to get both

So I have finally jumped down the rabbit hole after a few years of refraining. I should have jumped sooner. LOL. My first purchase(s) wasn't the cosmos or magic that I thought of. I debated wanting so many things, but wasn't sure to get what. I have finally settled on the 20 yg motif and got the extended posts for the yg vintage pave. However, should I have chose the pave frivole instead? It was so hard in the store. And vintage at the time won by a single hair, but am I overthinking? I included the regular YG vintage and YG frivole in the poll just in case. I have one for vintage (but we we were both on the fence btwn frivole and vintage), one for frivole, and one on the fence too maybe slightly towards frivole.

I love matching sets. I want a classic piece to transition through the decades of time...I am trying to see if it would be timeless when I wear it ten or twenty or thirty years from now. I love versatility of morning to night. I own mostly YG and then WG. Not a super big fan of RG but those pink sapphire centers are stunning.

Vintage is classic by its own right. Frivole is so whimsical and pretty, but would I be able to pull it off 15 years from now? Or is it too youthful? By saying that maybe vintage is aging me? Aha and that is why I come to you for the multiple opinions and reasoning.

View attachment 4847923

View attachment 4847924

View attachment 4847925

View attachment 4847926

View attachment 4847927
They all look beautiful. I am partial to the pave VA because that is what I have. What do you mean by "extended posts" on your pave VA??? Can you show a picture of the back of the earring?

Reactions: lilbluebear
I think pave vintage yg earrings and the 20 motif are outstanding choices that will last a lifetime. You can always add some Frivole in pave or the solid gold later on. I think Frivole is fine for any age, but I prefer pave Frivole in white gold. However, I wouldn't change your choices for your first pieces.

Looking at the pictures, I actually think the VA fits your ear better than Frivole, too.
Thank you! I value your opinion! I like getting everyone's 2 cents in seeing how they view the pieces and what each person favors. Oh good. I'm glad I chose some classic pieces. Yes, I will be sliding down this slippery slope. Ohh I do need to expand my WG collection. Yes WG pave frivole are now on my future wish list, although not anytime soon.

Reactions: DS2006
I was debating between the pave VA and frivole earrings too but in WG. They are both lovely but the VA is more wearable for everyday so it made more sense to me from a cost per wear perspective. The pave frivole are stunning but I think they’re a little too blingy for everyday. This is coming from someone who loves to wear heels and dresses up even on the weekends. I decided to go for the non pave WG frivole since the design is beautiful and I think it showcases the floral design better. So I vote pave VA and adding a pair of non pave frivole later ;)

Aha! Yes cost per wear! I may have to try the nonpave WG frivole too. My "dressier" days are weekends for me. TY for your input :smile:
Congrats on your WG frivole! I do need to expand my WG collection.

The frivole u picked is in pink gold right. There is a color difference i rather not pair with yellow gold 20

I think yg 20 pave will look very nice and make a whole set.

I do agree with DS that non pave frivole is a lot nice with the mirror effect.

But but but!

The pink frivole is very limited....
You might want to get both

It comes in the rose gold. Ahhh yeah I did catch the RG vintage pave and had it exchanged to YG vintage pave. There is a subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless.

I was told pink frivole would be part of the permanent collection. I could be wrong. It is so very beautiful. Is it weird that my heart does a little pitter patter; I start salivating and get this starry eye gaze to nowhere look when I think of VCA?

They all look beautiful. I am partial to the pave VA because that is what I have. What do you mean by "extended posts" on your pave VA??? Can you show a picture of the back of the earring?
I would, but I do not have them. They're being serviced for the extension. I feel like I have some chunky lobes and I took off my own earring and saw that my regular earring has a longer post than theirs. I requested for a longer post. Both of my items I will receive in about 10-14 days time. I walked out of the boutique with a lot of receipts, water, travel pouches, and very cute stationary (my SA and her manager are the sweetest!), but no jewelry! LOL. I'm perfectly fine with that.

what you purchased..20 yg alhambra and yg pave vintage alhambra earrings- perfect! forget the other items don't doubt your decision and enjoy!
You're right; thanks Croissant! I shouldn't doubt my decision, but I had the "what if," "should I have instead" for the two days after. Although, I wish I would have an ever abundant money tree to buy that and every item in that store! LOL. I am happy with what I purchased and I'm sure I will enjoy my pieces. It definitely won't be my last purchase. :angel: Although, I ought to wait before getting another. I'm a bit scared of the holiday pendant. So far I've refrained the past several years. But one never knows. And probably those frivoles pave or nonpave, RG or WG, will be in my future. :biggrin: