The rareness of bags with silver hardware

Do you find it difficult to find bags with silver hardware?

• Yes, it's a struggle

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • No, I find them easily

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • I don't know, I never buy silver hardware

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

k-m116

Jul 12, 2017
The lack of bags with silver hardware is making me both confused and frustrated. There's only gold hardware everywhere and I don't get it... The only silver hardware bags I find are black.
If you look at jewelry trends for that last decade, I think it's been a tie between gold and silver. If anything, neither of them has been trending comparing to rose... I don't get this at all so if you do, please explain :smile:

I'm really annoyed about this at the moment since I've for over an year has been looking for this:
- silver hardware
- mini bag or WOC
- neutral color like nude, brown, light pink, beige or grey
- fit for a a daily and very casual use, so not delicate lamb skin or patent
- leather strap and not all chain

Is this so impossible? If i look at the same criteria but change silver to gold, I can find a large amount of bags... It doesn't make any sense.
If you're like me and prefer silver hardware, where do you buy your bags?

Which brands do you like and styles. are you looking for suggestions? Let us know and we can help, whats your price point as well.
There are heaps from Chanel, Dior, LV so i wont list here. some suggestions

Last edited:
Reactions: k-m116
Oh thanks! I mostly fall for Prada, Celine, Mulberry, Chanel (before the last price increase) and non canvas Louis Vuitton. But I'm open for suggestions. I prefer not go above $2000 or 2000€.
Those you listed so kindly, except the Lady Dior, are to big for this purpose, I just need room for phone, keys and some cards. I love the Lady Dior WOC but it's to delicate and formal, for this bag I need something durable that I don't have to baby and care for. It needs to be very small and crossbody with a leather strap, and in a color that goes with everything (like nude/brown/beige/grey). I have a lot of colorful bags, formal bags, work bags etc but know I need something that I just can grab and go when off to the park.

The Saffiano Leather Mini Bag from Prada is perfect, except for the gold hardware.
1599573475505.png

Reactions: Ellejee and Roie55
I love bags with SHW and they're really hard to find. Gold, brass and gunmetal are much easier to come by. Mulberry used to have several styles with SHW and I've owned a few of them.
My favorite small bag in my own collection is MbMJ small Percy, it's pink in a very durable leather and with SHW. For you, I think Coach Hayden Foldover crossbody might be nice - it comes in several colors and usually there's always at least one color with SHW in the collection. There's a leather strap, the leather is care free and the bag is roomy for its size. The price is also very nice!

Reactions: k-m116 and Roie55
Oh thanks! I mostly fall for Prada, Celine, Mulberry, Chanel (before the last price increase) and non canvas Louis Vuitton. But I'm open for suggestions. I prefer not go above $2000 or 2000€.
Those you listed so kindly, except the Lady Dior, are to big for this purpose, I just need room for phone, keys and some cards. I love the Lady Dior WOC but it's to delicate and formal, for this bag I need something durable that I don't have to baby and care for. It needs to be very small and crossbody with a leather strap, and in a color that goes with everything (like nude/brown/beige/grey). I have a lot of colorful bags, formal bags, work bags etc but know I need something that I just can grab and go when off to the park.

The Saffiano Leather Mini Bag from Prada is perfect, except for the gold hardware.
View attachment 4841683

You could try DvF if you like that style, Donna Karan and DKNY also have some with silver hardware. I am not a gold person so most of my bags have silver hardware and I am quite fed up with that rose gold look everywhere. But I am usually "bag needs to be black and have plenty of room"

Reactions: k-m116
The lack of bags with silver hardware is making me both confused and frustrated. There's only gold hardware everywhere and I don't get it... The only silver hardware bags I find are black.
If you look at jewelry trends for that last decade, I think it's been a tie between gold and silver. If anything, neither of them has been trending comparing to rose... I don't get this at all so if you do, please explain :smile:

I'm really annoyed about this at the moment since I've for over an year has been looking for this:
- silver hardware
- mini bag or WOC

Is this so impossible? If i look at the same criteria but change silver to gold, I can find a large amount of bags... It doesn't make any sense.
If you look on Poshmark or eBay for Furla handbags, they use a lot of silver hardware, on all leather colors.

- silver hardware
- mini bag or WOC

It's such a struggle! I wear some gold jewelry but I don't like gold hardwear on bags because it always looks cheap imo. I like aged-looking gold / brass hardwear, anything except this shiny yellow gold is fine, but that's even harder to find. For this reason I tend to like bags with minimal hardwear like Acne or Loewe. But also Phillip Lim does great bags with silver hardwear. This is my beloved Alix Chain Clutch!IMG_20200913_164858.jpg

Thanks, but LV Alma BB is too big. Need a WOC or maybe something larger.

The Hermès Clic 16 Wallet is quite perfect but I don't find the colors (seasonal) attracting.
I’ve recently seen the Clic 16 in Etoupe on the website. It’s a very nice neutral. Maybe try stalking the website? I agree, I think it is perfect.

I too was looking for a slightly bigger WOC with silver hardware and all the same criteria you mentioned. Except I have one more.....I want a zipper closure, not flap. I have given up looking! I’m using a Coach noa crossbody with brass hardware. It’s not gold, but still yellowish. Sigh.