VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

The holiday and the magic pendants are two completely different looks- if you love the blue and wear it often, you could find use for both. The magic is wonderful with certain necklines and I think the blue agate magic will be spectacular. The holiday is more subtle and is useful to be layered with other things. I would give the new magic a try on- you will know right away!

Would it be redundant to get the blue agate magic pendant?
I often wear my magic Malachite with my 2013 Malachite holiday pendant. It is beautiful when pairing them together :smile: I don't see any harm in pairing the blue agate together! I wish they would make a Blue Agate ring too
:yes:

Each pendant has it's own uses, for example I tend to wear my holiday pendant if I am wearing a low cut top or dress while I wear the magic for button up shirts or high neck dresses/tops also amazing for polo neck or scarves in winter or like most of the time I pair them together.

I was talking to my SA today trying to narrow down what I want for the holidays in order to buy before the price increase. I happened to mention I like the Cosmos wg pave onyx ring, and she said the Cosmos wg onyx is being discontinued. So if anyone was wanting any of those pieces, you'd better get it now before all the stock is gone. It wasn't near the top of my wishlist so I probably won't get the ring, but I do think the pieces in that line are very beautiful. It's also a reminder that many pieces are not really permanent.

Hi, I’m in a dilemma with my next piece. I only own 2 VCA Alhambra pieces, vintage onyx earrings and the Paris Sevres porcelain pendant. I am now considering the vintage pave pendant (WG or YG) or the magic 6 (MOP, GMOP, onyx). I looked at hammered gold, TE and malachite 10 motif also but want something I can wear formal and informal, which may rule out the magic 6 but would appreciate your thoughts as you all have so much experience with these pieces. I attach some photos so you can see my colouring. Many thanks AC01DEDC-746C-4084-9EC2-2F09A0FB2763.jpeg60976B43-615D-47F1-AAEA-2C1A35501669.jpeg18FD9635-1EEF-4997-8BF0-9A28538B6D7E.jpegF194AA80-36A4-49E3-AE9C-C36FFA007542.jpegFD83094B-9486-4D50-9038-C52565ACCDC3.jpegEF6086DC-2BC6-40D8-9117-F00F1CA4D357.jpeg7E07956D-1C42-4D0D-9B06-882B60228DD4.jpeg

Hi, I’m in a dilemma with my next piece. I only own 2 VCA Alhambra pieces, vintage onyx earrings and the Paris Sevres porcelain pendant. I am now considering the vintage pave pendant (WG or YG) or the magic 6 (MOP, GMOP, onyx). I looked at hammered gold, TE and malachite 10 motif also but want something I can wear formal and informal, which may rule out the magic 6 but would appreciate your thoughts as you all have so much experience with these pieces. I attach some photos so you can see my colouring. Many thanks View attachment 4846071View attachment 4846072View attachment 4846073View attachment 4846074View attachment 4846075View attachment 4846076View attachment 4846077
Definitely NOT TE - it blends into your skin too much. any of the others would be a great choice and even though I have the Pave Pendant, I find the hammered ALL GOLD pops more on you. And yes, you can also wear the 6-motifs casually :tup:

Last edited:
I was talking to my SA today trying to narrow down what I want for the holidays in order to buy before the price increase. I happened to mention I like the Cosmos wg pave onyx ring, and she said the Cosmos wg onyx is being discontinued. So if anyone was wanting any of those pieces, you'd better get it now before all the stock is gone. It wasn't near the top of my wishlist so I probably won't get the ring, but I do think the pieces in that line are very beautiful. It's also a reminder that many pieces are not really permanent.
Oh no. Did she mention anything about the mop ones? I have those on my long term list..

Hi, I’m in a dilemma with my next piece. I only own 2 VCA Alhambra pieces, vintage onyx earrings and the Paris Sevres porcelain pendant. I am now considering the vintage pave pendant (WG or YG) or the magic 6 (MOP, GMOP, onyx). I looked at hammered gold, TE and malachite 10 motif also but want something I can wear formal and informal, which may rule out the magic 6 but would appreciate your thoughts as you all have so much experience with these pieces. I attach some photos so you can see my colouring. Many thanks View attachment 4846071View attachment 4846072View attachment 4846073View attachment 4846074View attachment 4846075View attachment 4846076View attachment 4846077
Did you try white mop 10 motif? That one might pop the best with your skin tone. Otherwise of the pics I love the 6 motif and the 10 motif hammered. The 6 motif I find only works with specific necklines for me. Whereas the 10 works with more.

I cannot make a decision and would so appreciate some guidance and handholding. I have a YG Vintage Alhambra solid gold bracelet I adore and wear 24/7 and I’d like to add a pendant. I usually veer classic with big purchases so I’ve narrowed it down to Guilloche, Rose Gold and Yellow Gold single motif pendants lengthened to stack with a gold and diamond Tiffany tag with my son’s name on it. I had my daughter in May so I was thinking the RG pendant stacked w my tag would be a great everyday pair but I’m still drawn to the Guilloche and the YG (classic). Can anyone help? Is the RG plated? Will the Guilloche be damaged or dulled if I stack? I’m looking for low maintenance, 24/7 wear. I’d be so grateful for someone to tell me what to do. Finally! I have a big anniversary at the end of the year, so with any luck, I’ll add another piece rather soon. Help! Thanks in advance!

Reactions: hhw
I love the hammered gold 10 on you. Also both gold VA pendants. Beautiful.