Best SLG for traveling with Diabetic supplies / Medical supplies

icyou88

Dec 11, 2019
Hi there, I just got the new kit for checking my blood glucose and it comes with a super basic black nylon zip-around case example attached.
It is kind of painful to look at it among my slgs and things. Can anyone recommend an SLG that could work as a replacement? (I like the compartments and elastic holder straps in the free case but I don't need those specific ones. All feedback appreciated.

also, I tried googling this question a bunch... with no avail...Am I the only one struggling with this?

Thanks PF members

s-l1000.jpg

Are you type 1 or 2, or need insulin?

I think kirigami pochette will be your best bet all-around. I think the regular pochette size would be good too, although the mini might cut it, if you choose to dedicate it as only diabetes supplies. However, I dont think mini will be able to fit insulin pens. Favorite mm is discontinued, but if you can get your hands on it, it's a good size too. You can even throw in some candy or a baby juice box, if needed.

In truth though, your best bet is to get non-luxury. You get way more choices and sizes.

Lastly, have you heard of dexcom? Dexcom eliminates the need for a blood glucose kit. You just need to make sure your bag can fit the receiver. It's like the size of a bulky old school flip phone.

If you’re happy with preloved, the Monogram trousse 18 would be a good bet as it has the elasticated straps which are handy for organisation and preventing things moving around inside. It seems like it’s closest to what you’ve shown above.

Reactions: icyou88
Are you type 1 or 2, or need insulin?

I think kirigami pochette will be your best bet all-around. I think the regular pochette size would be good too, although the mini might cut it, if you choose to dedicate it as only diabetes supplies. However, I dont think mini will be able to fit insulin pens. Favorite mm is discontinued, but if you can get your hands on it, it's a good size too. You can even throw in some candy or a baby juice box, if needed.

In truth though, your best bet is to get non-luxury. You get way more choices and sizes.

Lastly, have you heard of dexcom? Dexcom eliminates the need for a blood glucose kit. You just need to make sure your bag can fit the receiver. It's like the size of a bulky old school flip phone.
I'm type 2, so just the meter, lance, lancettes strips and sharps container.... I tried popping everthing into the med Kirigami and it doesn't fit, I think I'll look for a pre-loved favorite mm thanks!

Hi there, I just got the new kit for checking my blood glucose and it comes with a super basic black nylon zip-around case example attached.
It is kind of painful to look at it among my slgs and things. Can anyone recommend an SLG that could work as a replacement? (I like the compartments and elastic holder straps in the free case but I don't need those specific ones. All feedback appreciated.

also, I tried googling this question a bunch... with no avail...Am I the only one struggling with this?

Thanks PF members

View attachment 4845290
Hi.

I’m an old regular at this. My mom had a feeding tube and I have mastered the art of stashing medical supplies in LV!

Depending in the dimensions of your item, I recommend the toiletry 19. I would put the existing case right inside. It stands upright and has a wipeable interior. It’s great to hide your kit and even some crackers, etc. that you may need. It is easy and discreet.

I used the Toiletry 26 in my Neverfull for my mom. I had to carry syringes, water and osmolite (like a can of ensure or boost).

Reactions: icyou88