Stilly's Pigalle Parade Plus!!!

I know James...I've seen the new season styles. Its a bit disappointing. I'll just have to continue to scour the consignment sites and eBay for new pairs.
In better news, I was able to buy a back-up pair of Black Hot Chick 130's this week that were barely used... :smile:

The Louboutin hype (exceptionally high heels 120 130 140 160) is over.. Monsieur Louboutin's marketing campaign, using Hollywood celebrities on red-carpet, was a major disruption! Shot-over-the-bow to competitors, in the luxury shoe industry. Prior to this, Manolo Blahnik (and others) were simply "fooling around". They all followed suit in this trend, doing skyscraper high heels

Actress Emma Thompson famously walked barefoot to the podium at Golden Globe awards, with Loubs over her shoulder and flung them backwards. She couldn't take the pain anymore!

The Loub mantra:

Form over Function

i.e. Beauty comes at a price (pain and foot deformity), is beginning to get old..

"There is an element of seduction in shoes that doesn't exist for men," he said. "Think about Marlene Dietrich crossing her legs - the whole attitude. The language starts with the shoe and radiates over the whole body. A woman can be sexy, charming, witty or shy with her shoes. Shoes for men are about elegance or wealth; they are not playing with the inner character.

"That's why women are happy to wear painful shoes. For some a little discomfort is balanced by something else, which has to do with desire. You feel yourself, empower yourself, know yourself. You are aware of your body. This little act of discomfort pays off in lots of other ways."

I'm like you/Christina2 (and others), I LOVE 120/130 non-platform heels! The steep pitch is not only a physical high, but psychological high. See Christina2's emotional commentary on Hot Chick 130 -- pure passion. She is the perfect/ultimate Louboutin client (see above). Stilly too.

Good news for me, I recently picked up FOUR 120 heels. Triggered by this thread. I had been dormant for long time, I kinda gave up trying to find my dream Loubs. The Body Strass 120 and Pigalle Follies Strass 120

See pics, I thought I would NEVER get the sheer mesh Pigalle 120s with Hematite crystals. The sellers say something like

"I wore them 3 times, can't walk in them"

To which Christina2 would just cringe, then laugh! Stilly too. The fourth shoe (Pigalle 120 black velvet, gold beading, leopard heel) is not my size (got it for $250), but I'm using it for "display" and inspiration. SO lovely!!

Thank god for Monsieur Louboutin, he delivered for the niche-market of high-heel lovers!!

m_5d6f33519ed36dc3bb0b1988.jpg

m_5e934b40074d247e2551f629.jpg

m_5be5b5c234a4ef521460bcef.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Reactions: XAQUI
I love the 130mm heels as well thehighheelsgir but I'm not sure the rest of the fashion community is with us.
CL has been moving more toward lower heel heights in recent years.
I'm not sure the 130mm heels sold that well even when they were launched a few years back.
We can always hope they come back though!

I know!!! What size are you? Like a 40? Seems I see a lot more for sale online in bigger sizes then my 36.5 for some reason?

I love the pairing of this longer (for you) hemline with the Allenisima! Classy and feminine with the thin strappy sky high sandal. I know minis are your signature look, but I love when you combine the flowy, longer dresses with your 120-130mm heels.

Reactions: racquel
The Louboutin hype (exceptionally high heels 120 130 140 160) is over.. Monsieur Louboutin's marketing campaign, using Hollywood celebrities on red-carpet, was a major disruption! Shot-over-the-bow to competitors, in the luxury shoe industry. Prior to this, Manolo Blahnik (and others) were simply "fooling around". They all followed suit in this trend, doing skyscraper high heels

Actress Emma Thompson famously walked barefoot to the podium at Golden Globe awards, with Loubs over her shoulder and flung them backwards. She couldn't take the pain anymore!

The Loub mantra:

Form over Function

i.e. Beauty comes at a price (pain and foot deformity), is beginning to get old..

I'm like you/Christina2 (and others), I LOVE 120/130 non-platform heels! The steep pitch is not only a physical high, but psychological high. See Christina2's emotional commentary on Hot Chick 130 -- pure passion. She is the perfect/ultimate Louboutin client (see above). Stilly too.

Good news for me, I recently picked up FOUR 120 heels. Triggered by this thread. I had been dormant for long time, I kinda gave up trying to find my dream Loubs. The Body Strass 120 and Pigalle Follies Strass 120

See pics, I thought I would NEVER get the sheer mesh Pigalle 120s with Hematite crystals. The sellers say something like

"I wore them 3 times, can't walk in them"

To which Christina2 would just cringe, then laugh! Stilly too. The fourth shoe (Pigalle 120 black velvet, gold beading, leopard heel) is not my size (got it for $250), but I'm using it for "display" and inspiration. SO lovely!!

Thank god for Monsieur Louboutin, he delivered for the niche-market of high-heel lovers!!

View attachment 4844559

View attachment 4844560

View attachment 4844561

View attachment 4844562

Love the new additions racq!
Thankfully we can still pick up some 120mm CL's at even better prices these days on the secondary markets.
Nearly all my CL purchases over the last 2 years have been from the consignment sites or eBay.

I love the pairing of this longer (for you) hemline with the Allenisima! Classy and feminine with the thin strappy sky high sandal. I know minis are your signature look, but I love when you combine the flowy, longer dresses with your 120-130mm heels.

Thanks so much Lav! More long dresses to come as I just bought some new midi/maxi dresses. Stay tuned!
I actually wore some maxi dresses over the summer where the CL heels just peeked out.

Reactions: LavenderIce
Love the new additions racq!
Thankfully we can still pick up some 120mm CL's at even better prices these days on the secondary markets.
Nearly all my CL purchases over the last 2 years have been from the consignment sites or eBay.

How did you find those like new leopard-patent Hot Chick 130 (from Europe)? And, just recently the slightly worn black-patent HC 130? You have UNREAL scrounging/scraping ability, I bow to you.

I also got these lovely used Pigalle 120 Decollete heel (custom strassed), they were mistakenly advertised as Batignolle. I DESPERATELY need red! I missed a Pigalle 120 Fuscia sequin way back, I'm still hurting about that..

m_5f28c9fabb5937e3395d0557.jpg

OMG, that outfit is so rowdy! A+ for pushing the limits

Ballerina Pink, did you have ballet training? Your muscular calves look like ballerina dancer

You're making us dizzy, with your campy outfits

You're real life Ginger from Gilligan's Island!

stilly said:
They all know me

Tell us about crowd reaction, you must have a ton of funny stories throughout the years..

Rock on Queen!

Can't wait to see your Halloween outfit..

kathyhepburn.png

hepburn.png