Back to Orange and Is this Normal? Birkin

SandySummer

Jan 4, 2014
Hello all! After an extended absence (trying to curb my spending, busy with work and my SAs leaving H/ lack of connection to newly assigned SAs) I decided to drop in at H Madison a few weeks go. No appointment and no SA. Upon entry I was assigned the next SA available. I haven’t looked at H in so long I was so excited by all the new products on display. First I spotted the aluminum CDC cuff in a blue... had to have it immediately.

Then, it is summertime, I wanted a small crossbody and asked the SA if there were any Evelyns TPMs available. She said yes and brought out two: gold and black. Got the gold. side note: there were so many people “downstairs” looking at bags. I was annoyed by another shopper who let her unleashed tiny dog run around the store. My mother almost tripped over it. I am a dog lover but I didn’t think that was appropriate.

finally I figured I should ask my new SA for a Birkin 35. I own and have owned several 25 and 30 but I think I need at least one 35 for work. The SA looked up my info and asked me what specs I wanted, I said neutral with gold hardware. After waiting (with the tiny dog running around LOL) a few minutes, the SA emerged from the back room with a wrapped large boxWithout much fuss, I walked out of there with a B35 Togo.

So here is my question, after I got home I unwrapped the boxes But theB35 has a small dent on the side. Is this normal, given it’s size?As I stated I’ve neverowned a B35 before.

BB67BBD4-4E2A-442D-8B74-85E5E412286E.jpeg

Is that clemence? and is it more of a slouch that goes away when picked up or is it a true dent that doesn't go away. When I purchased my graphite 35 clemence, it had a bit of a slouch like that right from the beginning.

I don't remember if my Gold 35 looked that way out of the box, but I can tell you that it does now. I don't mind it. I keep a pillow inside mine while it's not in use to hold the shape better. It's a beautiful bag, I would just keep it but that's me.

I don’t have a B35 in Togo, but I do own a K28 in Togo. Here is how she looks. She’s a retourne and has had this slouch when I bought her. So I think maybe it’s normal. But if it bothers you, I’d exchange if possible.
64B2FE35-4DB0-4B6F-BB16-7E635B9577BB.jpeg

Reactions: SonR and DR2014
Hello all! After an extended absence (trying to curb my spending, busy with work and my SAs leaving H/ lack of connection to newly assigned SAs) I decided to drop in at H Madison a few weeks go. No appointment and no SA. Upon entry I was assigned the next SA available. I haven’t looked at H in so long I was so excited by all the new products on display. First I spotted the aluminum CDC cuff in a blue... had to have it immediately.

Then, it is summertime, I wanted a small crossbody and asked the SA if there were any Evelyns TPMs available. She said yes and brought out two: gold and black. Got the gold. side note: there were so many people “downstairs” looking at bags. I was annoyed by another shopper who let her unleashed tiny dog run around the store. My mother almost tripped over it. I am a dog lover but I didn’t think that was appropriate.

finally I figured I should ask my new SA for a Birkin 35. I own and have owned several 25 and 30 but I think I need at least one 35 for work. The SA looked up my info and asked me what specs I wanted, I said neutral with gold hardware. After waiting (with the tiny dog running around LOL) a few minutes, the SA emerged from the back room with a wrapped large boxWithout much fuss, I walked out of there with a B35 Togo.

So here is my question, after I got home I unwrapped the boxes But theB35 has a small dent on the side. Is this normal, given it’s size?As I stated I’ve neverowned a B35 before.

View attachment 4842813
Yikes!!

It looks beautiful, congrats! I dont think the dent will be an issue for me, but if it bothers you maybe bring it back to the store and talk to ur sa? Black with goldhardware is such classic and hard to come by

View attachment 4842813
Looks normal to me, just push it out from the inside and use a bag liner. Togo's a soft leather, and even more so in a 35. Of course if it bugs you you should talk to your SA, but a B35 in Togo isn't going to stand straight up like a smaller structured bag.

View attachment 4842813
My b35 came like that as well. I just use stuffing and push it back out. Not have a problem since.

8C292E9A-B7D2-484F-B69E-D2EEF4E50ACE.jpeg

C1752D06-EE9E-4E83-9EAA-C53743F241B7.jpeg

CFD3F458-EA55-4AAF-8557-02734E6FB9FF.jpeg

View attachment 4842813
I'm with A1agypsy

View attachment 4842813
I'm with @A1aGypsy on the slouch. I like my bags to show some character, but that's just my preference.

Reactions: A1aGypsy