B/t the finger ring, which one is your favorite?

ohsohappy

O.G.
Sep 19, 2011
Hi all,
As time goes by, my interest moves from necklaces to earrings to bracelets and now to rings.
I thought I'm not a ring person so I only had my engagement ring and a Cartier eternity ring.
Main reason was: rings are not comfortable to me lol.
However, recently I purchased a Socrate b/t the finger ring and I found it's so comfortable and cute.
As you can imagine, now I search for the rings!

Which one would you recommend?
I'm thinking: Lotus ring, Flowerlace ring, pave Frivole b/t the finger ring, Perlee couleurs b/t the finger ring (turquoise WG) etc.
Which one would you recommend?
I have matching earings with Lotus(small), flowerlace, pave Frivole and Perlee couleur (Turquoise).
Please advise me.
I'd like to have one before the price increase (9/24).

I love the mixed frivole BTF (despite not having it yet -- on the list!) as I love the contrast between the solid white and pave that makes it really stand out. I think I also would wear it more on a daily basis than, say, the lotus (won't know til I test this out post-COVID). I'm not a huge fan of flowerlace or perlee (just my opinion).

ETA: though you might find the socrate BTF is a bit similar to the frivole BTF, compared to the others. Can you post a pic here of your socrates for comparison? From a financial perspective, the greatest impact of the price increase would be on the most expensive ring, so that might sway me to the lotus ring (though TBH, I really think you should hunt the estate market because the earlier lotus is so much better designed).

This picture totally sold me on it:

Last edited:
My journey started off in reverse to yours. I loved rings first because VCA between the finger rings were so unique back then (I am talking quite a few years back). My journey continued with earrings and now I am gradually moving towards bracelets (the whole COVID sanitisation thing has made me rethink wearing my rings).
In terms of BTF rings, I have a few, but they are all full pave ones because I find them lower maintenance than semi precious stones. My first ring was the socrate - this is still one that I wear often.
My favourite ring is the Noeud - I don't wear it often because it is a little too flashy but I adore it to bits
My least worn rings are the Lotus & Frivole - I don't wear them as much because I feel they are quite flashy for day to day.
Another ring I wear often is the two butterflies ring - it is a bit blingier than the socrate but still quite wearable.

The newer Frivole BTF ring with the mixed pave and WG is very similar in style to the socrate so I think you may want to consider something a little more different. I feel that the frivole design is great for someone who wants the socrate look without the price of full pave. I also think the frivole ring looks slightly chunkier vs the socrate, which looks more delicate when worn.

I have not really taken to the flowerlace design so I can't comment on it. But if you want something more comfortable, I think the 2 butterflies would be a better bet. The Lotus is more like a collector's must have but I am not sure if it is one that you will be able to wear often. Generally, the bigger the ring design, the more restrictive it will feel. If you lead a very elegant and glamorous life, then any ring would be okay. If you have kids or a working life that may not allow such big pieces, then you will have to consider whether you are buying to wear or to collect. HTH.

I love the mixed frivole BTF (despite not having it yet -- on the list!) as I love the contrast between the solid white and pave that makes it really stand out. I think I also would wear it more on a daily basis than, say, the lotus (won't know til I test this out post-COVID). I'm not a huge fan of flowerlace or perlee (just my opinion).

ETA: though you might find the socrate BTF is a bit similar to the frivole BTF, compared to the others. Can you post a pic here of your socrates for comparison? From a financial perspective, the greatest impact of the price increase would be on the most expensive ring, so that might sway me to the lotus ring (though TBH, I really think you should hunt the estate market because the earlier lotus is so much better designed).

This picture totally sold me on it:

Thanks for sharing your thought.
I'm attaching the picture of my socrate ring for your reference.
Actually what I meant Frivole BTF ring was the other one. I'm attaching the beautiful picture found from pinterest ( I hope it is ok to use the picture from pinterest). I found they have the same name! For me, the small Frivole BTF is somewhat similar to Socrate so I don't consider that. Thanks.

socrate ring.jpg

https___i.pinimg.com_originals_60_67_96_606796bb94218e9986d28038f34da737 (1).jpg

Reactions: Comfortably Numb
My journey started off in reverse to yours. I loved rings first because VCA between the finger rings were so unique back then (I am talking quite a few years back). My journey continued with earrings and now I am gradually moving towards bracelets (the whole COVID sanitisation thing has made me rethink wearing my rings).
In terms of BTF rings, I have a few, but they are all full pave ones because I find them lower maintenance than semi precious stones. My first ring was the socrate - this is still one that I wear often.
My favourite ring is the Noeud - I don't wear it often because it is a little too flashy but I adore it to bits
My least worn rings are the Lotus & Frivole - I don't wear them as much because I feel they are quite flashy for day to day.
Another ring I wear often is the two butterflies ring - it is a bit blingier than the socrate but still quite wearable.

The newer Frivole BTF ring with the mixed pave and WG is very similar in style to the socrate so I think you may want to consider something a little more different. I feel that the frivole design is great for someone who wants the socrate look without the price of full pave. I also think the frivole ring looks slightly chunkier vs the socrate, which looks more delicate when worn.

I have not really taken to the flowerlace design so I can't comment on it. But if you want something more comfortable, I think the 2 butterflies would be a better bet. The Lotus is more like a collector's must have but I am not sure if it is one that you will be able to wear often. Generally, the bigger the ring design, the more restrictive it will feel. If you lead a very elegant and glamorous life, then any ring would be okay. If you have kids or a working life that may not allow such big pieces, then you will have to consider whether you are buying to wear or to collect. HTH.

How interesting to find that our directions of journeys are different!
Thank you so much for the extensive information based on your experience. It really helped me to revisit my whole thought process. Also, it seems a valid point that rings could be challenging to Covid era as you mentioned.

I have small Lotus earrings and medium Lotus pendant but I don't really wear them much so I didn't think of Lotus ring. But, when I showed a few ring pictures to my husband, unexpectedly he liked the Lotus the most lol. VCA changed the Lotus design a bit so I'm not sure the new Lotus ring will match well with my old Lotus items. I agree that it could be a collecting item sitting on my drawer.

I like the Frivole BTF ring but my husband likes Flowerlace better. But my Flowerlace earrings are also old version so I'm not sure the new ring would match well either.

I see your point about butterfly. Thing is....I have Lapis/ YG pave butterfly earrings pair + a WG pave butterfly earing and I'd like to have a WG pave butterfly ring which wouldn't be a good match with my current butterfly items.

Actually I'd like to have a bird of paradise BTF ring (actually bird shape one). It'll be a great match with my bird of paradise pendant which I adore. But it seems discontinued.

So....things are complicated. These days it's not easy to visit the shop and try items. Even if I visit the shop, it's almost empty and my SA is not that helpful (I've known her more than 15 years and nowadays she seems a bit sensitive - I totally understand. Everyone does including me- so I'm afraid to ask her to bring in the items to try, which I might or might not buy)

The price-increase comes and I'd like to make a sensible decision based on very limited information on time.
Now I'm not even sure if buying rings is a good idea. lol

Last edited:
My two butterflies are full pave, not half pave and half coloured sapphires. I chose full pave because I felt they would stand the test of time more (plus pink and yellow sapphires just disappear on me). I am not sure I am reading what you said correctly but if you have the pave butterfly earrings already, it makes sense to have the full pave ring. If you only own the lapis pave version then maybe you can consider the matching lapis pave ring.

It is a very sensitive situation, but so far my store does not seem to have that issue of making the clients feel afraid of trying things on. I feel it is something you MUST try on and compare before deciding. Perhaps you can ask her to supply some of those alcohol wipes used for earrings to sanitise the rings first prior to trying? Otherwise it might be best to wait and take the hit on price increase. I think it is ludicrous how they can increase their prices in this climate.:-s

How interesting to find that our directions of journeys are different!
Thank you so much for the extensive information based on your experience. It really helped me to revisit my whole thought process. Also, it seems a valid point that rings could be challenging to Covid era as you mentioned.

I have small Lotus earrings and medium Lotus pendant but I don't really wear them much so I didn't think of Lotus ring. But, when I showed a few ring pictures to my husband, unexpectedly he liked the Lotus the most lol. VCA changed the Lotus design a bit so I'm not sure the new Lotus ring will match well with my old Lotus items. I agree that it could be a collecting item sitting on my drawer.

I like the Frivole BTF ring but my husband likes Flowerlace better. But my Flowerlace earrings are also old version so I'm not sure the new ring would match well either.

I see your point about butterfly. Thing is....I have Lapis/ gold pave butterfly earrings pair + a WG pave butterfly earing and I'd like to have a WG pave butterfly ring which wouldn't be a good match with my current ones.

So....things are complicated. These days it's not easy to visit the shop and try. Even though I visit the shop, it's almost empty and my SA is not that helpful (I've known her more than 15 years and she seems a bit sensitive now- I understand. Everyone does including me- so I'm afraid to ask her to bring in the items to try, which I might or might not buy)

The price increase comes and I'd like to make a sensible decision based on very limited information before.
Now I'm not even sure if buying rings is a good idea. lol

Frivole pave (2 motif) is my favorite! However, I don't think I'd care to have more than a couple floral pave btf rings, because they will end up looking similar, I think. I'd likely move on to two butterflies and add a little color!

Last edited:
My two butterflies are full pave, not half pave and half coloured sapphires. I chose full pave because I felt they would stand the test of time more (plus pink and yellow sapphires just disappear on me). I am not sure I am reading what you said correctly but if you have the pave butterfly earrings already, it makes sense to have the full pave ring. If you only own the lapis pave version then maybe you can consider the matching lapis pave ring.

It is a very sensitive situation, but so far my store does not seem to have that issue of making the clients feel afraid of trying things on. I feel it is something you MUST try on and compare before deciding. Perhaps you can ask her to supply some of those alcohol wipes used for earrings to sanitise the rings first prior to trying? Otherwise it might be best to wait and take the hit on price increase. I think it is ludicrous how they can increase their prices in this climate.:-s

I have a similar situation with you in butterfly. Pink sapphire disappears and green/yellow doesn't work on me. So I chose YG Lapis/pave pair and added just one WG pave earring (kind of SO. VCA let me buy additional one after I bought a pair) to mix and match. For the ring, surely I'd like to have a WG all pave because it's care-free but it won't matching well with my current ones.

It is highly unlikely that I could try before ordering so now I'm putting my earrings on my finger with the full-powered imagination lol

BTW thanks for allowing me to use your picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: DS2006
Frivole pave (2 motif) is my favorite! However, I don't think I'd care to have more than a coupe floral pave btf rings, because they will end up looking similar, I think. I'd likely move on to two butterflies and add a little color!

Surely I agree with you. I feel the same way after having a few flower earrings.
Still very tempting though!

Reactions: DS2006