What length is your Vintage Alhambra Bracelet if your Cartier Love is a size 16?

Susimoo

O.G.
Sep 19, 2009
Hello everyone
I am thinking about purchasing my first ever VCA piece. I have always loved the Vintage Alhambra in MOP set in white gold. So I think that will be my very first purchase.
Unfortunately there is no VCA in Scotland where I live and due to the virus situation I will likely purchase online. Travel isn’t an option for me right now

I prefer my bangles and bracelets to be very neat on. My Cartier love fits snugly and it’s how I like it. I don’t like movement.
So if you wear a size 16 inyour Cartier Love what length do you wear your VCA Alhambra bracelet at?
It is listed as 18cms online and I think I may have to have it reduced by about a centimetre to for snuggly.
Here is my current stack!
Thank you

5E6E1962-6270-40D0-99AE-1CF838612459.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: VCA21 and hhw
I am not sure if you order online if they will shorten it for you before they send it. I would check on that. Since you will be shortening the bracelet quite a bit (to fit snug) they will need to take links out in between the motifs all the way around. You might have to get it at a boutique to have this done. It would make me nervous to do this all from Scotland and then have the bracelet be too short or long.

Reactions: Susimoo
If you want to order online you can contact them on the number displayed on the website and order over the phone. You can ask for resizing immediately. The only thing is, if you do this, you cannot exchange anymore. If you get the bracelet back and it is too snug/loose, they can pick it up again via a courier and change the size. I will buy a 16 love this month, but I have 1 link removed in between all motifs. So a total of 4. (1 link is 2 hoops, so this can be quite confusing). Hope it helps!

This is a really old picture, but you can see were it falls on my arm. Great background... not haha :P This is a loose fit I would say.

thumbnail_IMG_4260.jpg

Last edited:
How about ordering online then sending it back to be resized? I wonder if that’s possible? I think honestly I’d prefer to buy in person- I only have a couple of Sweet bracelets in MOP but the “sheen” and colour play even on those tiny pieces is quite different.

Selfridges in Manchester stock VCA, I believe. Could just about drive there and back in a day.

Reactions: Susimoo
How about ordering online then sending it back to be resized? I wonder if that’s possible? I think honestly I’d prefer to buy in person- I only have a couple of Sweet bracelets in MOP but the “sheen” and colour play even on those tiny pieces is quite different.

Selfridges in Manchester stock VCA, I believe. Could just about drive there and back in a day.
Yes, you can do this! This is what I did, but I know that you also can order and have them resize it before shipping. But indeed in store would be the best for almost all stones (except onyx)! Otherwise order and sent it back if you are not completely happy. If you are, you can resize it for free within 3 months and they pick it up and send again.

Reactions: Diamondbirdie
Hello everyone
I am thinking about purchasing my first ever VCA piece. I have always loved the Vintage Alhambra in MOP set in white gold. So I think that will be my very first purchase.
Unfortunately there is no VCA in Scotland where I live and due to the virus situation I will likely purchase online. Travel isn’t an option for me right now

I prefer my bangles and bracelets to be very neat on. My Cartier love fits snugly and it’s how I like it. I don’t like movement.
So if you wear a size 16 inyour Cartier Love what length do you wear your VCA Alhambra bracelet at?
It is listed as 18cms online and I think I may have to have it reduced by about a centimetre to for snuggly.
Here is my current stack!
Thank you

View attachment 4842673
I don’t have a love so I can’t help, but I just wanted to say that I love your other bracelet! Where’s it from?

I am not sure if you order online if they will shorten it for you before they send it. I would check on that. Since you will be shortening the bracelet quite a bit (to fit snug) they will need to take links out in between the motifs all the way around. You might have to get it at a boutique to have this done. It would make me nervous to do this all from Scotland and then have the bracelet be too short or long.

I have to say it is starting to feel more complicated than I originally thought. Thank you so much for your reply.

If you want to order online you can contact them on the number displayed on the website and order over the phone. You can ask for resizing immediately. The only thing is, if you do this, you cannot exchange anymore. If you get the bracelet back and it is too snug/loose, they can pick it up again via a courier and change the size. I will buy a 16 love this month, but I have 1 link removed in between all motifs. So a total of 4. (1 link is 2 hoops, so this can be quite confusing). Hope it helps!

This is a really old picture, but you can see were it falls on my arm. Great background... not haha :P This is a loose fit I would say.

View attachment 4843555
Thank you
Your bracelet is beautiful
I think I may have to wait and do the purchase in person.

I think you are correct and I may have to wait until travel is an option. I would love the opportunity to choose my own MOP preference. Manchester may be feasible. Will give that some thought. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Reactions: Diamondbirdie
Yes, you can do this! This is what I did, but I know that you also can order and have them resize it before shipping. But indeed in store would be the best for almost all stones (except onyx)! Otherwise order and sent it back if you are not completely happy. If you are, you can resize it for free within 3 months and they pick it up and send again.

I am rethinking my plan on all of your good advice. I think a purchase in person is now preferable. Thank you for your reply.