High end shampoo

I have also used a lot of Kerastase. I particularly love the orange line (I adore the smell) and the hot pink line.
One of my all time faves is their nectar thermique (a leave in conditioner and heat protectant of the orange line).

Lately I've been loving Philip B, though I don't think it is better than Kerastase, even though it's more expensive. I do love the packaging better, love the way it looks in my shower.

I'm using Kerastase but TBH, I think I like the Cristophe Robin thickening paste shampoo better. I also think my next shampoo will be Prose custom shampoo. For high quality, less expensive shampoo, I really like Cowshed Spa's shampoos too.

I love Olaplex, but my mom's always said coconut oil and I do they overnight mask with it. Some people swear by olive oil, but I haven't tried that.
The Kerastase sounds intriguing because I got a lot of hair falling out at the beginning of lock down and everything has been frizzy from regrowing (hence I started using Olaplex)

Reactions: Nicoler
I bought Oribe last week, for color treated hair, used a few times.. it is a very high quality, "light" experience. You can feel the difference of less weight in your hands when you are working it into your hair.

It is pretty expensive, so I'd say Fakkai is still better overall since it's great quality but not quite as expensive, making it a better value with great (albeit, heavier) results.

Last edited:
Reactions: papertiger
For many years my "go to" shampoo and conditioner was the pink bottle Fekkai line. However, they recently changed their bottles (hence, formulas) and the product is no longer nearly as good as it used to be. During the last year (give or take) I've taken the opportunity to try several high-end brands. Disclaimer: my hair is baby fine, bleached highlights and naturally wavy and frizzy. Of the many brands I've sampled, including Oribe, Kerastase, Puretology, Redken, Olaplex, etc, I can without a doubt share the only three brands which were stand-outs and only one of each brand are worth spending on in my experience. They are as follows:
- Olaplex 3 for conditioning once weekly;
- Puretology Smooth Perfection Shampoo and Conditioner;
- Drunk Elephant Glossing Shampoo and Marula Butter Cream Conditioner.

I hope this helps some narrow down potential products on which to $pend.

Reactions: limom
Had a few Sisley Paris samples and tried their Revitalizing Volumizing Shampoo with camelia oil and the Restructuring Conditioner.

Wow, my hair looks and feels amazing but the price is not amazing:hrmm:.

I swear I saw results after washing my hair with the Sisley shampoo once. It was like magic and I was sad to go to bed because my hair looked so good. I also love the way it smells. Is the conditioner heavy?

Reactions: jess236
I swear I saw results after washing my hair with the Sisley shampoo once. It was like magic and I was sad to go to bed because my hair looked so good. I also love the way it smells. Is the conditioner heavy?

I double-checked and I used the Renerating Hair Mask with four botanical oils after the shampoo. I don't think that's the conditioner. Nevertheless, the mask wasn't heavy. It absolutely does make the hair look and feel better without a doubt.

What I liked the most was the pre-shampoo purifying mask with white clay. You massage it into dry hair before shampooing. I never used a pre-shampoo mask but I absolutely loved the results.

If I splurged on one item, it would be the pre-shampoo clay mask. I also got a small sample of the hair serum. It smells lovely and is great to add shine and smooth the hair, but I don't think I'd splurge on it.

Reactions: limom
I have relaxed (chemically-treated) hair so using a high-quality shampoo and conditioner is essential. My go-to shampoo conditioner set for almost a year has been Davines Nounou set. It feels ultra moisturizing on my hair. Once I condition it, my hair feels so silky and soft. If you use chemicals regularly you probably know how dead the hair can be, but after Davines it feels like actual hair again. Highly recommend!

I've also used Moroccanoil shampoos, I believe they can also be considered high-end considering the price. Can't complain about them, the smell is the best I've ever encountered. Though liked Davines more. Sharing a great list of shampoos for relaxed/chemically treated hair, several high-end brands reviewed. Looking to try Phyto, since they have one of the most 'natural' relaxers on the market.