Boutique SO anyone?

Olivia915

Jun 15, 2018
I visited the boutique to check the Kelly 32 Celemence in Ebené this afternoon in south of France where I am spending my well-deserved holiday.
My lovely SA advised me that there is the Kelly he offered to show and in terms of Birkin, there are Feu, Etoupe and SO in Caramel/ lime.
As I have Evelyne in Etoupe, I asked for the SO birkin.

It is Togo, Caramel outside and Lime inside. PWH.
When I heard of LIME, I wasn't’ sure as I am not a fan of bright colours. Love at first sight. However, as it was lime only inside, it was actually not bad. Love at first sight.

However there was no horseshoe mark so asked him why so.
Apparently, each year each boutique is offered 4-5 SO for the boutique, not clients. And this Birkin was ordered by the boutique.

I am more likely to get this birkin as it was very special and interesting colour combination but I wanted to share this info with you and ask whether any of you were aware of this boutique’s own SO thing?

Thank you in advance from a mum who is sitting next to 3y.o boy who is watching Paw Patrol x

6385F599-6250-4239-9D71-09EED2A29C03.jpeg

A8ED934A-97B2-4E22-9734-CF1666392ACA.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, stores sometimes place SOs for their general stock if a client appointment falls through or they miscounted and see that they have an empty spot and no time to fill it. However, I’m surprised they are claiming that this particular bag is a SO when I‘m pretty sure this is just a standard verso birkin (as there are others of this exact combo on the resale market and even if a bag is a store SO, it typically still has the horseshoe stamp). Still special and beautiful but don’t pin your decision on the “SO” keyword as I think they are incorrect there.

I know my boutique has done this in the past when they were unable to find people to do SO’s for whatever reason. I do not know whether or not there is a horseshoe stamp with these though. Hopefully someone else will be able to chime in with that info.

Yes, stores sometimes place SOs for their general stock if a client appointment falls through or they miscounted and see that they have an empty spot and no time to fill it. However, I’m surprised they are claiming that this particular bag is a SO when I‘m pretty sure this is just a standard verso birkin (as there are others of this exact combo on the resale market and even if a bag is a store SO, it typically still has the horseshoe stamp). Still special and beautiful but don’t pin your decision on the “SO” keyword as I think they are incorrect there.
What my SA advised me that they only put the horse shoes stamp only for the SO for clients hence my question here :smile:

What my SA advised me that they only put the horse shoes stamp only for the SO for clients hence my question here :smile:

I’ve seen store SOs with the horse shoe stamp.

To echo everyone else - yes stores can do SOs. Normally they are placed by the SM and can reflect their taste (there’s one store I know whose SM loves Rose Poupre and ordered Rose Poupre w/ another color multiple times lol). Also we’ve had people share the story that since their (customer) SO turned out very pretty, their SM placed store SOs of the same colors afterwards (which made the customer a little unhappy).

I also agree that the caramel/lime combo is an existing verso combo that’s not necessarily an SO. Regardless though it’s very pretty! I wouldn’t worry about whether it’s SO or not. Enjoy the bag!

Oops I was editing my post :P but yeah I think it might be a standard verso bag - but beautiful regardless! I love Verso bags (and I love yellow) myself and would snap it up in a heartbeat !!

edit: I also think this caramel/lime combo is a standard verso for the mini Kelly ? I feel like I’ve seen that in another thread before.

edit 2: I remembered wrong it was B25s! We’ve seen them in the offer thread.

In this case it was not SO as @acrowcounted mentioned above maybe? Anyway it was very lovely so I am tempting to get it :smile:

Last edited:
Oops I was editing my post :P but yeah I think it might be a standard verso bag - but beautiful regardless! I love Verso bags (and I love yellow) myself and would snap it up in a heartbeat !!
Exactly so. I found the exactly same bag being re-sell on here. Exactly same but more expensive....

So what is Verso bag in that case? It is referred as 2 coloured bag which is using That year’s colours?

Yes, I also found that website. So what is the concept of the verso bag?
I get that it is a bag with 2 different colours inside and out but what is it really about?

I thought I knew a lot about Hermes but there you go. Long way to go...
It’s just a standard variation that they sometimes make in bulk if they think two of their colors go well together. No different than how single colors are randomly produced.

Reactions: momoc