Help please, shopping at Boutique has gotten challenging!

Apr 25, 2007
Hello ladies, so I’ve been trying to decide in the next LV bag I’d like to have for the fall season. Im kind of looking fir something similar to my new Chanel flap top handle caviar so I dont wear it out. I havebeen corresponding with my SA who has been making some helpful suggestions. This morning I realized I needed to picknuo something fir an event today so I ran by the boutique. The gentlemannat the door told me there woukd be a two hour wait. There wasone person in the store. So it seems as if they are pushing toward an appointment sales environment only. Has anyone else experienced this? I Coukd may e see it in a busy environment like Vegas, but CT? Seriously. Since I cannot see the bag, Im reaching out for help in choosing one of these three. Any help is appreciated. Have a wonderful holiday everyone!

E26B5719-59D4-4A62-8E10-2D81246522E9.png

CEA32223-FF50-429C-922B-FD1825CACED3.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would text your SA if they are there. I usually text my SA 30 minutes before that I am going & even if there is a line outside I don’t have to wait. I just go to the front & they let me in. I would try seeing if your SA can accommodate you & let you in instead of having to wait.

Hello I personally have the twist & I love it I get a lot of compliments on my bag. It is great from day to night because of the top handle bags. I also have a couple of classic flaps and I would say this is a great bag as you can take off the straps and use the top handle instead. I also love the look of the cluny mm especially with the black on black.

Hello I personally have the twist & I love it I get a lot of compliments on my bag. It is great from day to night because of the top handle bags. I also have a couple of classic flaps and I would say this is a great bag as you can take off the straps and use the top handle instead. I also love the look of the cluny mm especially with the black on black.
Thank you so much for your response! I initially wanted the Twist but then thought I should entertain some other staple classic bags. I have a Cluny which is why I gravitatws towardthe Grenelle. I accidebtally posted the Cluny BB which I do love but meant to add this thanks for your thoughts,

5F14D84F-E50B-4AF8-AA78-9D765D970AFA.png

Hello, I tried on the Grenelle PM a few months ago, and I actually like it more than the epi leather Cluny BB. It's a tad bit bigger and roomier than the Cluny. As for the LockMe bag, I don't know much about it since I have only tried it in a small size and I found the leather to be very soft. If you like softer leather versus the more structured epi leather of the Grenelle, then that's an option. The Twist is of course a very nice option.

Also, a thought -- perhaps your SA can schedule an online appointment with you, if an in-store appointment is not possible. I had one of these appointments scheduled with my SA recently, and while it's always better to go to the store and try on in person, the online appointment at least gave me a better idea and more info regarding the bag I was considering.

Hello, I tried on the Grenelle PM a few months ago, and I actually like it more than the epi leather Cluny BB. It's a tad bit bigger and roomier than the Cluny. As for the LockMe bag, I don't know much about it since I have only tried it in a small size and I found the leather to be very soft. If you like softer leather versus the more structured epi leather of the Grenelle, then that's an option. The Twist is of course a very nice option.

Also, a thought -- perhaps your SA can schedule an online appointment with you, if an in-store appointment is not possible. I had one of these appointments scheduled with my SA recently, and while it's always better to go to the store and try on in person, the online appointment at least gave me a better idea and more info regarding the bag I was considering.
Thanks for your kind comments. Thats exactly the help I need. I dont have a bag in epi yet which is why I’m considering. I just need it not to be too heavy. I do love mu Cluny BB and a tad bigger would be perfect! Thats the one I wanted to see in person. Im thinking the Lock Me leather may be a bit casual - I just want to also see that in person. I love the Twist - just not a super fan of the chain detail and I need one with a leather strap as I dont tend to like chain over time. Thanks again for your thoughts!

Thanks for your kind comments. Thats exactly the help I need. I dont have a bag in epi yet which is why I’m considering. I just need it not to be too heavy. I do love mu Cluny BB and a tad bigger would be perfect! Thats the one I wanted to see in person. Im thinking the Lock Me leather may be a bit casual - I just want to also see that in person. I love the Twist - just not a super fan of the chain detail and I need one with a leather strap as I dont tend to like chain over time. Thanks again for your thoughts!
You're welcome! In terms of the weight of the bag, I think the LockMe might be lighter since it's so soft, but the epi leather is not too heavy either. For a daily-wear bag, I would go with the Grenelle over the LockMe since the epi leather feels sturdier to me, and that is an important consideration for a bag I will use on a regular basis.

It is good if you can see these bags in person, put your essentials in them, and try on before purchasing. Regarding the Twist, I think the chain detail on the black version makes the bag a little more dressy. Also, if you like the top handle style, there is the Georges in empreinte leather. I did not try it on and it does have compartments, but if you are in the boutique, you may want to take a look at it as well. Good luck with your decision!

You're welcome! In terms of the weight of the bag, I think the LockMe might be lighter since it's so soft, but the epi leather is not too heavy either. For a daily-wear bag, I would go with the Grenelle over the LockMe since the epi leather feels sturdier to me, and that is an important consideration for a bag I will use on a regular basis.

It is good if you can see these bags in person, put your essentials in them, and try on before purchasing. Regarding the Twist, I think the chain detail on the black version makes the bag a little more dressy. Also, if you like the top handle style, there is the Georges in empreinte leather. I did not try it on and it does have compartments, but if you are in the boutique, you may want to take a look at it as well. Good luck with your decision!
Thanks so much,Ill take a look at it.