Belt Nano or Pico

Swedengirl

Jan 20, 2016
Oh dear Fellow bag-obsessed please help me out.

I ordered the grey belt bag in the new tiny size Pico. Loved it but something was making me hesitant to pull the final tag off to make it mine. And I think it is the size.

I am 163cm and a bit plus size after just giving birth to my second child and I fear I look like a giant next to the Pico. So somebody suggested Nano. and it sure looks great option. Not too big not too small.

A friend said it’s almost the size of LV pochette metis. But I wanted a small bag to only fit essentials, will nano feel to big? I like that nano can be carried more ways than Pico which I feel only looks good xbody

Awh which one do I get Pico or Nano?

Below pic of Pico on me also with Metis.

A472996A-A60A-4AB1-AE5C-156B02952219.jpeg

4CF99E01-7E79-46E9-8859-E9FC26072679.jpeg

Reactions: lovieluvslux
I have the nano and it is just absolutely gorgeous. It might seem big in pics, but in real life, it is small enough to be a nice crossbody. It also looks great as a top handle, too! For me, the pico was just too weird in that style. The whiskers and top handle on that small of size just screamed disproportion to me (kinda like the teen box).
This is so accurate, esp the bolded. I’ve been back and forth on the Nano because it looks so tiny for the style if that makes sense however in the larger sizes it’s more cumbersome to use because of the closure.

Congratulations on baby number two @Swedengirl!

I tried a range of Belt bag sizes at the boutique recently, lured in by the super adorable Pico size. It is definitely cute but holds precious little, and being so new is available currently in only a handful of color options. Perhaps it depends on what you define as your "essentials", as this definitely differs from person to person. The Nano size offers more capacity for sure while still retaining the mini bag factor; I came away thinking it was a much better buy for the money than the Pico size which was super restrictive. Perhaps the Nano may be a more useful size since you have two little ones?

I have a Micro Belt from 2018 and have come to realize that this is actually too large in terms of capacity for what I carry on a daily basis. I'm the same height as you are, also have two kids and think the Nano option would have been more suitable if this had been an option for me at the time. Also sharing that I still find the catch very fiddly after all this time!

I'm obsessed with the nano size. It holds everything I need (which isn't much since I don't commute anymore), and when I'm wearing it, it doesn't look too small. I had debated between the micro and nano, and I'm so glad I went nano!

Reactions: Bumbles
Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom:smile: sadly the Pico has been returned yesterday as I couldn’t really get over “is it too small on me” feeling. I will def get the Nano version instead but as that comes in so many lovely colours I now have the issue: do I stick with the lovely grey or try one of the fabulous greens?

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom:smile: sadly the Pico has been returned yesterday as I couldn’t really get over “is it too small on me” feeling. I will def get the Nano version instead but as that comes in so many lovely colours I now have the issue: do I stick with the lovely grey or try one of the fabulous greens?
Ughhh there are so many good colors!!! I’m obsessed with both light taupe and light khaki

Does anyone who owns the Nano Belt bag have any modshots? Please + thank you in advance ♥
I don't own it, but I just tried on Nano vs. Pico in store.. I'm 5'2" (157.5 cm)

@Swedengirl I'm facing the same dilemma (but opposite)! In my case, I think pico looks better on me, but wondering if I should size up to nano for "practicality" :confused1:
I think if I were a bit taller (like your height), I would do the nano. On my frame the nano looks really large worn crossbody I think?! Nano looks great hand held or on the crook of my arm

IMG_1320.jpgIMG_1316.jpg

Last edited:
I don't own it, but I just tried on Nano vs. Pico in store.. I'm 5'2" (157.5 cm)

@Swedengirl I'm facing the same dilemma (but opposite)! In my case, I think pico looks better on me, but wondering if I should size up to nano for "practicality" :confused1:
I think if I were a bit taller (like your height), I would do the nano. On my frame the nano looks really large worn crossbody I think?! Nano looks great hand held or on the crook of my arm

View attachment 4821760View attachment 4821761
Oh Pico looks so Good on you! I am still having doubts about nano vs Pico and the more I think about it I am more sure I want Pico. I have two other bags similar size to Nano and with option for xbody and hand held to use but nothing and “small” as Pico. And yet Pico can hold so much.

I agree Nano looks kind of big on you xbody. But excellent hand held. How would you wear your bags the most? If you do xbody most I would do Pico. I also think Pico is super cute just on the hand.

Oh Pico looks so Good on you! I am still having doubts about nano vs Pico and the more I think about it I am more sure I want Pico. I have two other bags similar size to Nano and with option for xbody and hand held to use but nothing and “small” as Pico. And yet Pico can hold so much.

I agree Nano looks kind of big on you xbody. But excellent hand held. How would you wear your bags the most? If you do xbody most I would do Pico. I also think Pico is super cute just on the hand.
Thank you! Yeah, I love that the pico has the small "look" but can still fit so many things for a mini bag. Since you don't have a mini already in your collection, I think pico is a great idea!! The pico is definitely one of the most "practical" and roomy mini bags that I've seen. And it's just SO CUTE!

I like to wear my bags xbody so I think I'm leaning towards the pico as well :smile:

Reactions: Swedengirl
Pico doesn't look too small on you at all! If a tiny bag to carry only your essentials is what you need then go for it, you'll get used to the size!

I had the exact same dilemma when I was contemplating getting the mini or the small Chloé Hudson many years ago. I was initially on the hunt for the mini, as I thought it would be the perfect little summery accessory to carry only my essentials in. It was more like a piece of boho jewellery than a actual bag, and I loved that.

But then I ordered both home and tried them on, and got conflicted. I am 175 cm and I worried that maybe the mini might actually feel ridiculous on me once out on the town, and that maybe the small would actually compliment my height and frame better... (It's possible that the fact that the small was on sale for about 6000 sek and the mini was on sale for about 10 000 sek (in a different store) had some bearing on my desicion as well... :rolleyes:)

Either way I ended up chosing the small and I have regretted my choice since, as the small, even though it's a pretty bag, is not what I wanted nor needed. So it has never been used, not even once, while I think that I would have found several chances to bring a mini out with me. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Pico doesn't look too small on you at all! If a tiny bag to carry only your essentials is what you need then go for it, you'll get used to the size!

I had the exact same dilemma when I was contemplating getting the mini or the small Chloé Hudson many years ago. I was initially on the hunt for the mini, as I thought it would be the perfect little summery accessory to carry only my essentials in. It was more like a piece of boho jewellery than a actual bag, and I loved that.

But then I ordered both home and tried them on, and got conflicted. I am 175 cm and I worried that maybe the mini might actually feel ridiculous on me once out on the town, and that maybe the small would actually compliment my height and frame better... (It's possible that the fact that the small was on sale for about 6000 sek and the mini was on sale for about 10 000 sek (in a different store) had some bearing on my desicion as well... :rolleyes:)

Either way I ended up chosing the small and I have regretted my choice since, as the small, even though it's a pretty bag, is not what I wanted nor needed. So it has never been used, not even once, while I think that I would have found several chances to bring a mini out with me. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! This is my worry exactly, that I’ll end up with the Nano because it’s more “sensible” and fits my proportions better but in fact I need the Pico size and would use more.

I already have 3 bags approx size of Nano. Bags I rarely use as I wear a smaller bag instead.

I got the LV Nano Noe in hope that it would feel better on me but in fact it isn’t the same love and quality feel as the Pico. Also Pico has the flap and zip which is more secure both from weather and bad people.

So after weeks of thinking I’ve decided to order the Pico in black this time and see if there will be love :smile:

• Love
Reactions: Thenewestgirl