Classic Flap back pocket not perfectly aligned?

Kiu

O.G.
Nov 11, 2010
I recently purchased this bag from the 20B collection and I noticed that the chevron print on the back pocket isn’t perfectly centered. It’s just very slightly off though...should I be bothered by this?

Thanks so much for your thoughts :smile:

6C1E3780-A95A-40C6-9E55-6E329EA75AB7.jpeg

Mine is slightly mis-aligned too. It was my first ever Chanel purchase last year but I took it back to the store for exchange and they had none available for a week. So I ended up keeping it and yes, I can see it but when you wear it nobody else can. If it bothers you a lot, try and exchange it. I would have if I had the chance.

Reactions: Kiu
You can be bothered by it but I wouldn't return it. I get the whole hefty price tag and a bag should be perfect, but the back of a bag is not something most people or you see either way. This is probably not the first bag you own, how many times did you ever picked up one of your other bags and looked at the back?

I can also remember a member that said that something was not to her liking. She ended up exchanging the bag. When she got home, the second bag wasn't to her liking either. The third bag wasn't also and she came to the conclusion that what she saw as a fault in the first bag, was a minor defect in comparison to the second and third bag.

If this was an issue in the front, it would be different but for this bag I say keep it.

Mine is slightly mis-aligned too. It was my first ever Chanel purchase last year but I took it back to the store for exchange and they had none available for a week. So I ended up keeping it and yes, I can see it but when you wear it nobody else can. If it bothers you a lot, try and exchange it. I would have if I had the chance.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I agree that going to the store to exchange would be ideal, but I’ve been communicating with my SA entirely over phone due to Covid. I’ve returned a bag by mail once and it was such a hassle that I’m still deciding if the slight misalignment is worth it. I’m also thinking to myself, “This really isn’t too bad and everything else about the bag is great, so what if the second bag turns out to be worse?” Haha I know I’m so indecisive on this one!

You can be bothered by it but I wouldn't return it. I get the whole hefty price tag and a bag should be perfect, but the back of a bag is not something most people or you see either way. This is probably not the first bag you own, how many times did you ever picked up one of your other bags and looked at the back?

I can also remember a member that said that something was not to her liking. She ended up exchanging the bag. When she got home, the second bag wasn't to her liking either. The third bag wasn't also and she came to the conclusion that what she saw as a fault in the first bag, was a minor defect in comparison to the second and third bag.

If this was an issue in the front, it would be different but for this bag I say keep it.
You’re so right that this is not my first bag with Chanel! I do love the brand and it’s actually my third classic medium (haha, oops!), but the other two are diamond quilted. Maybe that’s why I’ve been examining this bag extra thoroughly..? I’m usually not too bothered by slight imperfections, and (as weird as it sounds) I honestly couldn’t decide how much the slight misalignment bothered me. In fact, I was so confused with myself that I decided to post on here even though I normally just lurk around silently. Of all things to get me to post again, this is it lol.

I really appreciate that you shared the story about another member’s experience with an “im”perfect bag. It reminds me that I had a (kind of) similar experience with my coco handle. This was the only bag, up until this chevron classic, in my collection that I ever had an issue with. The leather on the inside of the flap wasn’t sewn together in a straight line for about a 1.5 inch section, so I went back to the store to exchange it. My story ends differently though because I took home my original bag. I’m so glad I did and I don’t even think about the crooked line anymore. I may have gone to the store during normal times (if anything, just to get closure like with my coco handle), but I purchased the bag via phone with my SA since I’ve temporarily moved out of my city to wait this pandemic out. I would've really regretted it if I got my exchange bag and it were worse than my original bag! So you’re right, I should just keep the bag and enjoy it :smile:

Reactions: Egel
can I see the inside of the bag? Is it red? I am waiting for mine to come in Monday and I'm now worried that mine's going to be misaligned too. Can you take a closer picture of the back? Is it just me, or the right top corner of the pocket is missing some stitching? Sigh.... I bought a beige Claire once and kept it for a whole month then returned it because of some stitching issues. I've been patiently waiting to get this bag, but now I'm worried. Those little things tend to bug me every time I look at my bag.

You’re so right that this is not my first bag with Chanel! I do love the brand and it’s actually my third classic medium (haha, oops!), but the other two are diamond quilted. Maybe that’s why I’ve been examining this bag extra thoroughly..? I’m usually not too bothered by slight imperfections, and (as weird as it sounds) I honestly couldn’t decide how much the slight misalignment bothered me. In fact, I was so confused with myself that I decided to post on here even though I normally just lurk around silently. Of all things to get me to post again, this is it lol.

I really appreciate that you shared the story about another member’s experience with an “im”perfect bag. It reminds me that I had a (kind of) similar experience with my coco handle. This was the only bag, up until this chevron classic, in my collection that I ever had an issue with. The leather on the inside of the flap wasn’t sewn together in a straight line for about a 1.5 inch section, so I went back to the store to exchange it. My story ends differently though because I took home my original bag. I’m so glad I did and I don’t even think about the crooked line anymore. I may have gone to the store during normal times (if anything, just to get closure like with my coco handle), but I purchased the bag via phone with my SA since I’ve temporarily moved out of my city to wait this pandemic out. I would've really regretted it if I got my exchange bag and it were worse than my original bag! So you’re right, I should just keep the bag and enjoy it :smile:
I think most of us have a high standard in everything. Especially when something is so loved, you just want everything to be as perfect as possible. But it's also important to know what matters and sometimes it's more important to see what you have instead of focusing on what isn't there. Too take a step back, focus, take in the whole and then asses.

I do want to thank you too because reading your post, my first thought was that I would be so glad to have a cf. And if the back was misaligned the front would be perfect and that's what matters. My mind went over hoe long I wanted the bag. How many bag I've bought in the mean time just because sticker shock is real. Yesterday it came up that I don't have to tough my savings, I can just start a separate savings account. Called a friend to keep me accountable and I am finally on my way of getting my own bag too.

Thank you for unknowingly giving me that last little push I needed.

can I see the inside of the bag? Is it red? I am waiting for mine to come in Monday and I'm now worried that mine's going to be misaligned too. Can you take a closer picture of the back? Is it just me, or the right top corner of the pocket is missing some stitching? Sigh.... I bought a beige Claire once and kept it for a whole month then returned it because of some stitching issues. I've been patiently waiting to get this bag, but now I'm worried. Those little things tend to bug me every time I look at my bag.
I can’t do so right now but I’ll def post pics here for you as soon as possible. The interior is all black and the bag is pretty much perfect except for the slight misalignment. I haven’t noticed a missed, popped, or crooked stitch anywhere so it may be the poor lighting. The leather is shinier than my other caviar flap, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it actually creates less than my other classic flaps when I open/close it :smile:

I think most of us have a high standard in everything. Especially when something is so loved, you just want everything to be as perfect as possible. But it's also important to know what matters and sometimes it's more important to see what you have instead of focusing on what isn't there. Too take a step back, focus, take in the whole and then asses.

I do want to thank you too because reading your post, my first thought was that I would be so glad to have a cf. And if the back was misaligned the front would be perfect and that's what matters. My mind went over hoe long I wanted the bag. How many bag I've bought in the mean time just because sticker shock is real. Yesterday it came up that I don't have to tough my savings, I can just start a separate savings account. Called a friend to keep me accountable and I am finally on my way of getting my own bag too.

Thank you for unknowingly giving me that last little push I needed.
You will get your dream classic flap! I loved them for years before I got my first one and I still remember the feeling when I purchased it. The process and experience will be part of your bag’s story so it will be extra special

Reactions: Egel
I can’t do so right now but I’ll def post pics here for you as soon as possible. The interior is all black and the bag is pretty much perfect except for the slight misalignment. I haven’t noticed a missed, popped, or crooked stitch anywhere so it may be the poor lighting. The leather is shinier than my other caviar flap, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it actually creates less than my other classic flaps when I open/close it :smile:
Thanks for letting me know! I can't believe I bought a bag without even knowing if it's red or black inside. :amuse: Was actually hoping that it is red like the original classic. This is my first chevron, so I am hoping to love it! Can't wait!