How long does it normally take for Dior in a Saks store to process an long distance e-mail order?

Thenewestgirl

Dec 25, 2017
I have been in contact through e-mail with a sales supervisor at a Dior located in a Saks store in the US about having an item shipped to Sweden.

I gave him my card details four days ago, and he told me that he passed all of the information to their asset protection team to do verification and approval to ring the transaction/ship the item, but the money has not yet been drawn from my account, and I am a bit worried that the item will get sold out before they can complete the order, as the website says their stock is limited (and I can't buy it elsewhere). The sales supervisor does not answer any questions about if he will hold the item for me while they verify all the details etc, I asked him about that at least three times without getting an answer, so I am a bit stressed out. :wtf:

How long does the process normally take? Is there reason to worry about the item getting sold out?

Last edited:
I have been in contact through e-mail with a sales supervisor at a Dior located in a Saks store in the US about having an item shipped to Sweden.

I gave him my card details four days ago, and he told me that he passed all of the information to their asset protection team to do verification and approval to ring the transaction/ship the item, but the money has not yet been drawn from my account, and I am a bit worried that the item will get sold out before they can complete the order, as the website says their stock is limited (and I can't buy it elsewhere). The sales supervisor does not answer any questions about if he will hold the item for me while they verify all the details etc, I asked him about that at least three times without getting an answer, so I am a bit stressed out. :wtf:

How long does the process normally take? Is there reason to worry about the item getting sold out?
Maybe they are shorter-staffed during this COVID time? They probably have your item on hold since this transaction is pending. I don't think it is likely that they left the item available for sale to others on the floor while this is being processed.

Maybe they are shorter-staffed during this COVID time? They probably have your item on hold since this transaction is pending. I don't think it is likely that they left the item available for sale to others on the floor while this is being processed.

It may be that way, yes, and of course a slight delay is acceptable even when there is not a pandemic going on, I just wish he could reassure me when I ask, I am mostly concerned that the transaction has not been started yet and that when they get to it they'll reach out and say that the inventory was incorrect or something. I guess I'm just being paranoid. :doh:

Reactions: averagejoe
It may be that way, yes, and of course a slight delay is acceptable even when there is not a pandemic going on, I just wish he could reassure me when I ask, I am mostly concerned that the transaction has not been started yet and that when they get to it they'll reach out and say that the inventory was incorrect or something. I guess I'm just being paranoid. :doh:
Try calling the Dior Saks when it is opened to see if you can get a hold of the sales supervisor.

Try calling the Dior Saks when it is opened to see if you can get a hold of the sales supervisor.

I could but it is crazy expensive to make US calls from Sweden so I will give email a chance, or I'll end up paying more for the calls than for the item itself.. :P

It's not that he doesn't answer at all, lately for every two e-mails I write he replies to one, but just ignorers the questions I have asked. I feel like a PITA asking the same thing over and over, but it would be easier if he would just answer questions the first time they are asked, they are not unreasonable in any way.

It's now been nine days since I got in touch with him about the item and five days since he got my card details (as the correspondence was quite slow), five days ago I was promised pictures of the item the next day, but he has not sent any.

Should I feel annoyed? I am not in a hurry in any way, I just fear that the item will get sold out.

The item is only about $600 so may that be the reason for him not seeming that intrerested about the sale?

Last edited:
It’s interesting you mention this and i came across this tonight. I called Dior inside a Saks in Florida tonight and ran into the same thing. Gave the SA my info over the phone and waited and waited. I’m within the US (Virginia/DC) and on the same coast. While I was waiting, my beloved local SA at the standalone Dior boutique in DC said she found what I was looking for and the other store where she found it finally confirmed they had it. (I was being impatient with waiting for confirmation and started making calls to other stores across the US on my own ). As soon as we got inventory confirmation, my local SA promptly sent me an email containing a link to pay my invoice online. STILL waiting for the SA in the FL Dior in Saks to run my card or whatever the hold up was, I paid with the link my local SA emailed me instead and was done with the transaction in an instant. I had to text the SA at the Dior Saks in FL back to let him know that my personal SA found it and I was all set. Of course I felt bad about it, but thankfully he was ok with it and explained that the extra length of time it takes for them to “close” a deal or transaction is a Dior policy and precaution. I’d never heard of that before but it seems like such a hassle to put customers through and sadly it’s costing them sales, especially if other Dior boutiques can check you out faster. But based on what the SA in FL said, it’s a Dior policy, not a Saks one. BUT based on your similar experience, I bet it’s a Saks thing. My local Dior SA was super quick - the ONLY thing that took any time at all was waiting for confirmation from the other store that they had the item! I hope you get your order ASAP!

Last edited:
It’s interesting you mention this and i came across this tonight. I called Dior inside a Saks in Florida tonight and ran into the same thing. Gave the SA my info over the phone and waited and waited. I’m within the US (Virginia/DC) and on the same coast. While I was waiting, my beloved local SA at the standalone Dior boutique in DC said she found what I was looking for and the other store where she found it finally confirmed they had it. (I was being impatient with waiting for confirmation and started making calls to other stores across the US on my own ). As soon as we got inventory confirmation, my local SA promptly sent me an email containing a link to pay my invoice online. STILL waiting for the SA in the FL Dior in Saks to run my card or whatever the hold up was, I paid with the link my local SA emailed me instead and was done with the transaction in an instant. I had to text the SA at the Dior Saks in FL back to let him know that my personal SA found it and I was all set. Of course I felt bad about it, but thankfully he was ok with it and explained that the extra length of time it takes for them to “close” a deal or transaction is a Dior policy and precaution. I’d never heard of that before but it seems like such a hassle to put customers through and sadly it’s costing them sales, especially if other Dior boutiques can check you out faster. But based on what the SA in FL said, it’s a Dior policy, not a Saks one. BUT based on your similar experience, I bet it’s a Saks thing. My local Dior SA was super quick - the ONLY thing that took any time at all was waiting for confirmation from the other store that they had the item! I hope you get your order ASAP!

Oh, good to hear that a delay does not have to mean that they have completely forgotten about the order/prioritize more important things :rolleyes: .. It has now been six days since I gave him my card details, and I have not got an answer on my email since I answered his, with questions, four days ago.

Ugh. But hopefully it is, just like the Saks employee told you, their "precaution procedure" that takes time. May I ask for how long you had been waiting when you called and cancelled it with the Saks Dior?

Last edited:
It has now been six days since I gave him my card details, and I have not got an answer on my email since I answered his, with questions, four days ago.

He should at least reply to your email as customer service. Sending payment details and then hearing nothing for days is a bit unsettling. I understand the "precaution procedure", but it doesn't mean that the SA should just ghost you during this time.

I recommend calling Dior international customer service to report this.

Oh, good to hear that a delay does not have to mean that they have completely forgotten about the order/prioritize more important things :rolleyes: .. It has now been six days since I gave him my card details, and I have not got an answer on my email since I answered his, with questions, four days ago.

Ugh. But hopefully it is, just like the Saks employee told you, their "precaution procedure" that takes time. May I ask for how long you had been waiting when you called and cancelled it with the Saks Dior?
Lol I only waited 20 minutes before my local SA texted me saying to check my email for an invoice to pay online. Waiting more than a day or 2 would definitely concern me especially if it’s an item that is limited stock/high demand. Can you call the main line and ask to speak to the manager?