Should I sell my Celine mini belt bag?

jeshiamia

Aug 29, 2020
Hi guys wanted to get your thoughts - i have a Celine Mini Belt Bag in Dark Grey, and since pandemic happened of course i havent been out of the house in 6 months. So im thinking if i should sell my bag while resale prices are still good? Im not sure if itll lose its value in the next few months or years.

Its also a Philo era one (see pic below).

What do you guys think?

20200829_115110.jpg

I sold both of my minis (black and cobalt blue) recently. Just too heavy. Bought a micro in dark gray instead, which is still fairly heavy, but the smaller size is easier to maneuver - I always found the mini bumped into everything when worn on the shoulder. While I love Phoebe, I have less and less tolerance for heavy bags over time, so I did a Celine cull and sold the mini belts, two micro luggage bags (black and coquelicot) and a nano luggage (coquelicot). I hope I don't regret letting those classic bags go, but since I wasn't using them and they were taking up space in the closet, I figured it was better to put the money towards new bag adventures!

Also new to Celine and bought the mini in light taupe. I’m in love! I felt the micro was too small and appreciate that the mini has “feet”.
Yes super love that the mini has feet! Honestly just the right size for me cause i use it with my laptop. Was thinking of getting ghe taupe but was worried about the upkeep - how are you finding it so far? Is it easy to clean?

From my highly limited experience, resale prices can be highly local? At least for brands that aren't Hermes or Chanel.

If you're considering the resale value that you'll get, then maybe the questions you should be asking are:

1. Do you think that the bag isn't "worth it" (you can love it and still not think that it's worth it)? Is that why you are trying to sell now and recover some value.

2. What's the expected cost per use that you think you'll get out of the bag (taking into account its expected lifetime and the number of times that you'll want to use it)? Are you okay with that

Yes super love that the mini has feet! Honestly just the right size for me cause i use it with my laptop. Was thinking of getting ghe taupe but was worried about the upkeep - how are you finding it so far? Is it easy to clean?
As you mentioned, with the pandemic, I haven't really had many excuses to leave the house and show off any of the new bags I've still been acquiring.. with nothing much else to do, I think my bags and shoes obsessions have gotten worse! But the thing that I love about the Celine - even in the light taupe - is how durable it feels. With its grainy, almost pebbled finish, I definitely don't feel the need to be so paranoid about being mindful of my surroundings like I do with some of my other bags that have much smoother finishes. It took me almost 2 years of lusting after this bag and every time I came across someone's blog article about it, they couldn't stop raving about how it was such a practical bag for everyday use and highlighted the fact that it could take such a heavy beating and still look great. I LOVE this bag and will likely get the gray one eventually, or maybe the luggage bag... decisions decisions! PS - I don't worry too much about resale value because when I have ended up selling pieces, I am not usually in a rush and can wait for the right buyer to come along and be willing to negotiate a fair price for what my bags are worth when factoring the brand, style, upkeep, etc. Good luck in your decision!

Reactions: vintage diamond