Quality of costume jewelry between Louis Vuitton and Chanel?

Which would you buy?

• Chanel costume earrings

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Louis Vuitton costume earrings

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Aug 30, 2020
I’ve been looking to get a pair of costume earrings from one of these fashion houses and have been stuck between a pair of LV Hoops and Chanel large dangly CCs. The price is pretty similar, Chanel ones might run a couple hundred more depending on style, but I’m more concerned about getting something worth the price even though it’s not made of precious metals.
I know that Chanel costume pieces often have stones fall out though those can be replaced. I haven’t heard much at all about the wear and tear of Lv costume pieces as they are often gold coloured metal and not even gold plated. I don’t really care since it’s fashion jewelry about the value of the material as long as it holds up relatively well to use.

I’d love to hear anyone’s experience with any fashion house jewelry and which you think I’d be best off picking!

I have chanel beaded necklaces that have all peeled probably because of perfume. I decided to invest in a gold necklace that was resistant to any “add ons” and cheaper.

I don’t wear my beads anymore & they’re now difficult to sell. Not worth it IMO

Reactions: Chanellover2015
I had Chanel bracelet (a present) that I gave away after a few months. It did well, no damage of any kind - no stones lost. It was quite a nice piece but costume jewelry is not for me. I think that particular bracelet was around $700, for the same money I got a diamond pendent with a chain - it will definitely last much longer and will keep its price for sure.

Reactions: Chanellover2015