Calling all moms- jypsiere

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
Hi there! I just got off the Chanel forum because I’ve realized my goal bag jumbo double ghw doesn’t make my heart sing. I went to the boutique and found it a bit too flashy and the price of preloved and new are so close to a Hermes it doesn’t make sense. I thought about the evelyne but also not quite sure about bang for buck. The jypsiere however makes me think.

I’m a mom of two young kiddos and live in the Silicon Valley where it’s a bit too low key. Used- jypsiere go for about $3-4K which is the price of a lambskin jumbo but I know I’ll get more wear out of a Hermes.
Questions- is the flap totally annoying?
Pros and con

places u bought yours

orange or etoupe or black? I like to keep value in my bags if I decide to Sell later. Thank u!

Hi there! I just got off the Chanel forum because I’ve realized my goal bag jumbo double ghw doesn’t make my heart sing. I went to the boutique and found it a bit too flashy and the price of preloved and new are so close to a Hermes it doesn’t make sense. I thought about the evelyne but also not quite sure about bang for buck. The jypsiere however makes me think.

I’m a mom of two young kiddos and live in the Silicon Valley where it’s a bit too low key. Used- jypsiere go for about $3-4K which is the price of a lambskin jumbo but I know I’ll get more wear out of a Hermes.
Pros and con

places u bought yours

orange or etoupe or black? I like to keep value in my bags if I decide to Sell later. Thank u!
The flap takes a bit of getting used to but it’s fine once you do. My only con is that there’s no handle and I like to have something to grab onto once in a while. Solved with a twilly so not really a con.

I bought from the boutique so the resale price hurts a bit (but I will keep mine until I am too old to pull them off so no biggie).

It’s a great bag, sounds like a good fit for your lifestyle. (And, I too moved on from Chanel a few years ago. Given their prices and the quality difference moving to H is really a no-brainer.)

Reactions: Dannadrew
I saw your post at the Chanel forum - I think the Jypsiere will work best for your lifestyle! It’s not as flashy as the Jumbo classic flap but it has a sense of prestige to it in the sense that “if you know, you know”. I honestly think it’s a great mommy bag! The Evelyne is much more easier to open and close though.

Anyway, get it in a dark color, maybe black, so you won’t have to worry about color transfer etc.

Reactions: Dannadrew

Pros and con

places u bought yours

I have 28 swift leather. You could tug the flap inside for easy access.

41FFDB36-415B-4440-B534-7495768858F7.jpeg

07FB01B4-7C70-4E77-826F-095F3775DB38.jpeg

My only con would be the weight. I‘m a mother of two as well, I needed crossbody. I think you‘d get used to the flap easily. I bought mine in the boutique. It‘s a great bag!

Reactions: Aribb

Pros and con

places u bought yours

I have both evelyne and Jypsiere. I sold my evelyne 29 because I don’t use it enough. I bought my Jypsiere 28 from the boutique and still using it every now and then. No con for me. It’s a good hand free bag that you don’t really need to baby it. Good luck deciding:smile:

Thanks. :smile: It’s not special order. It’s verso version (2 colours) Hermes still sells these day. My camera didn’t pick up the colours clearly. It’s very dark blue and very bright lighter blue. ;)
That’s what I feel. That the jyspiere is a much tougher bag and more versatile than the Chanel jumbo. I have a pandora that I love so wouldn’t want it in black and silver. I wish it came in a gold hardware option!

They are a fabulous bag. Great for travel, super hardy and very stylish. Clemence is very durable and Etoupe if a great year round color. Flap is not annoying and as others have mentioned, easy to tuck it inside if you prefer.

I also just tug the flap in but be prepared to be approached by kind strangers who tells you that your bag is "open" :rolleyes:.
The bag isn't roomy and is quite heavy IMO, especially when wearing cross body.
Mine is Sanguine+Rose Jaipur so I am all for bold color. If you intend to resell it, a more neutral color like Etoupe might be a safer choice? What other colours do they have?

I don’t own any Hermes bags but if I did it would be the jypsiere. Personally, I think it’s more aesthetically pleasing than the canvas strapped perforated hermes bag that I see around quite frequently. The jypsiere is a classy and elegant looking bag!

Reactions: huddlelove