Did I score a good deal with this $1700 classic double flap?

Hello! I bought my first Chanel from a Japanese seller after weeks of research. I received it today and sent it to Lollipuff for authentication. It came back as authentic almost right away. They also estimated that it was made in the late 80s (the sticker has come off and the authenticity card is lost).

I went on to do some cleaning, conditioning and stuffing (hopefully it will reshape a little in a few weeks). There are no major blemishes. There are some light scratches, dents from the chain on the inside flap and two tiny pen mark stains on the burgundy leather. Corners are good. No odd smell. First one is before and second is after.

My partner who knows nothing about luxury goods thinks US$1700 is way too much on a handbag (my money my rules lol). I’m trying to explain to him it’s about as cheap as it can go for a pre-loved Chanel. Please tell me if I’ve done ok?

22B52CA9-C694-445A-B7A5-A96506298528.jpeg

76DE4150-EB3B-4D0A-9612-9EDFEC5A38D4.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah don’t ask your husband if it’s worth it. They are never going to approve unless it’s a $20 bag from kmart.

you definitely got it for a good price, given the recent price increase in current times.The lamb looks really good quality. Keep it and enjoy your beautiful bag!
Thank you! What you said is so true. He has been wearing the same t shirts for year and some even have holes ‍♀️ He doesn’t get handbags AT ALL. It’s at times like this that I’m really glad we are financially independent! He can disapprove but the deal is done.

You did well girl!

(I love the idea of you going to your husband with a list of posts telling him how wrong and clueless he is :P)

I literally read this comment to him and said “fine I think you’ve got a good deal but i don’t think anyone will buy it from you without the proof of authenticity.”

Like I’d sell it anytime soon lol. If anything I should sell my cheaper bags because this makes all other bags feel subpar! I’m amazed. Even the chain feels different!

I think it's a good price, looks nice after spa. Congratulations, Japan is the best place for Chanel vintage!

Yeah don’t ask your husband if it’s worth it. They are never going to approve unless it’s a $20 bag from kmart.

you definitely got it for a good price, given the recent price increase in current times.The lamb looks really good quality. Keep it and enjoy your beautiful bag!
True, I saved €2000 on a new CF (recent collection, not vintage) and my husband still thinks that it's overpriced no matter what, don't ask men about handbags lol.

Reactions: OCMomof3