Intrecciato leather cardholder soaked in rain

SillyYun

O.G.
Feb 21, 2008
Hi guys, my husband accidentally dropped his Bottega Intrecciato leather cardholder on the road outside our home and it was soaked in rain for about an hour. Thankfully, we found it, BUT the cardholder looks really crumpled. Do u guys know how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

Untitled.png

Hi guys, my husband accidentally dropped his Bottega Intrecciato leather cardholder on the road outside our home and it was soaked in rain for about an hour. Thankfully, we found it, BUT the cardholder looks really crumpled. Do u guys know how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 4833551
Is it still damp? If so - perhaps putting between several paper towels and then putting a heavy object such as a book or something similar on top and letting it sit overnight?

hey indiaink, thank you so much for ur reply, yeap it just happened like 10mins ago! We'll try the method and see how it works tomorrow. Thanks! I hope it wont be crumpled :sad:
Oh good - blot dry it with a clean towel to remove as much moisture as you can (you’ve probably already done that) - and then I would also recommend you put credit cards in the slots, carefully (obviously ones you aren’t using at the moment) and letting it dry that way - or else the leather may dry in this crumpled position.... We want to try to keep its shape.

Is it still damp? If so - perhaps putting between several paper towels and then putting a heavy object such as a book or something similar on top and letting it sit overnight?
hey indiaink, thank you so much for ur reply, yeap it just happened like 10mins ago! We'll try the method and see how it works tomorrow. Thanks! I hope it wont be crumpled :sad:

The same thing happened to me with my celine cardholder and I can confirm that this method works! I wrapped it up with paper towels and put it in between heavy textbooks for a few days and it worked like a charm :smile:

Reactions: RT1