VCA 5 Alhambra blue agate - shorten or not?

jappel13

Mar 27, 2012
Hi! Unexpectedly got my first vca today / the 5 Alhambra bracelet in blue agate. The sales lady assured me not to shorten it and that people wear them loose but wondering if it’s not too big. My wrist is a hair about 5” on its own. I wear a 17 in my love bracelets for reference! Idk what do do. It’s not bothering me necessarily but I feel like it could be smaller- Though I don’t think it’s a risk, I wouldn’t want it to slip off when I put a coat on and off or anything like that.

A4C4816F-4BCF-474F-8E0C-6382CA719F17.jpeg

0A862D53-F627-4807-A73C-CADC0E616AFA.jpeg

Reactions: ayshaa
I'd shorten it if I were you, just one link between the motifs for a total of 4. My wrists are about 6" and the bracelets are loose on me, so I would think it would be much too loose for you! Congrats on the beautiful bracelet!

It's hard to tell in these pictures where the bracelet naturally falls on your wrist when your arm is down, but if you feel like you want it shorter, by all means you should have it shortened. Maybe the salesperson didn't want to deal with sending it back to NYC to have it shortened but it's your purchase so you should be 100% happy with it! (Only certain stores can shorten bracelets in-store; others have to send it back to New York -- assuming if you're in the US).

Plenty of people have it shortened. I. Fact, they have examples of shortened bracelets Of various lengths for you to try, though they’re not motifs, just dummy bracelets. Unless you live next to the NYC flagship store they will Be sent to NYC to be shortened and will take about 10 working days. Maybe a little more with the pandemic. It’s free. Do what makes you most comfortable. FYI. I have all mine shortened, and so does my mom. They give you back all the links they take out in case you decide to have them reinserted in the future.

Reactions: DS2006
Plenty of people have it shortened. I. Fact, they have examples of shortened bracelets Of various lengths for you to try, though they’re not motifs, just dummy bracelets. Unless you live next to the NYC flagship store they will Be sent to NYC to be shortened and will take about 10 working days. Maybe a little more with the pandemic. It’s free. Do what makes you most comfortable. FYI. I have all mine shortened, and so does my mom. They give you back all the links they take out in case you decide to have them reinserted in the future.
Thanks!! I live near manhasset and they shorten there, I called and asked. Going today!

so i didn't end up shortening because i want to enjoy the bracelet- they said it takes 1-2 weeks even though they do it on-site. they also kept saying they can take out 2 links but it doesn't need it and she even had the nerve to say my cartier loves aretoo small. My wrist is a little over 5 in and I'm wearing a 17 in cartier... ridic.