Need help between Birkin Touch or Ostrich

A.Ali

Apr 2, 2018
I would like to ask for your advice regarding which bag to choose for my wife.

I can choose between B25 touch or ostrich and I don't know which one to pick.

I like the touch more because it's more elegant but the ostrich is better for daily use since it's not easily damaged.

This will be my wife's first Birkin bag and she wants a regular leather in gold but I want to surprise her with something exotic.

The touch color I am looking for is Juan Amber for the touch version and for the ostrich something blue like blue Mykonos.

I would really love to hear your thoughts.

Reactions: Lejic
Ostrich is less flashy, sophisticated, good for daily use. Touch screams for attention. If your wife is a more casual person, I’d go with the ostrich. Ostrich is not for everyone though, so try to see if she likes the skin. Good luck!

How sweet of you! I'd also suggest getting her the bag she wants in gold regular leather.

The exotics you are considering would both be beautiful! But a bright yellow or bright blue bag, in addition to being a different leather are very different from what she says she wants, and might be a little more limiting in terms of going with her outfits. A gold regular leather Birkin is an everyday workhorse bag that would go with many different outfits.

As others suggested, you could put the additional money that an exotic would cost towards another gift or a future bag purchase. Personally, I'd rather have the gold Birkin that goes with everything + something else than one bright colored exotic.

Get her what she wishes for... get her a color that goes “almost” everything in her closet and that she can use everyday.
I would like to ask for your advice regarding which bag to choose for my wife.

I can choose between B25 touch or ostrich and I don't know which one to pick.

I like the touch more because it's more elegant but the ostrich is better for daily use since it's not easily damaged.

This will be my wife's first Birkin bag and she wants a regular leather in gold but I want to surprise her with something exotic.

The touch color I am looking for is Juan Amber for the touch version and for the ostrich something blue like blue Mykonos.

I would really love to hear your thoughts.