Help with second Chanel bag purchase

Hi ladies! Hoping to get a few opinions to help me decide on my next Chanel purchase. I bought my first Chanel Bag last year (Medium CF w/SH in black caviar) and am looking to add a second bag to my collection. I want something timeless but also easy to wear and versatile. I would have easily been sold on the classic mini but the lambskin makes me nervous as I would ideally like to use this bag for travel (once that becomes a thing again). Is the lambskin really that delicate? Alternatively, I was thinking of the mini reissue or the small Coco top handle. Or something else that I'm not considering? Thoughts? TIA!

If you are traveling, you might be best with a crossbody, no? Although the medium flap is perfect for travel, isn’t it?

I would suggest looking at a reissue. They don’t hold their value as much as a classic, so I would suggest checking out the pre-loved market, especially if it’s for traveling.

A small boy is good too, but it’s very small. I think a reissue is more understated and holds more.

Let us know what you decide!

The medium flap is perfect for travel but truthfully I'm terrified to carry it that often and am hoping for a similar look/idea but with a lower price tag to avoid the fear of something happening to it. I will take a look at the small boy- great idea. Thanks!

I have a mini reissue and it’s easily my most worn Chanel bag because it is so carefree. Do any of the bags speak out to you? I’m a firm believer of waiting to feel excited before you buy a bag, rather than trying to pick between the current available options that you may or may not excite you.
That's great to hear! I haven't actually tired any of the bags on yet but have an apt to do so on Friday so I'm hoping something with speak to me then. Thanks for your help :smile:

I vote for mini reissue - I don’t own it but I tried it on and it seemed durable.

Alternatively you can get a WOC in GHW in caviar leather. I brought one from the airport (SHW) and it’s been something I wear all the time while travelling. It fits inside my big tote, it can carry my passport cards and two iPhones easily so it allows for easy access and it is crossbody and caviar :smile:

I also wear it as an evening bag when I need a black one and tuck the chains inside or roll them a few times

Reissue is a great bag for travel. I’m a huge lambskin fan. It’s not as delicate as people fear but I seldom travel with my lamb bags. I usually take my reissues on trips. More carefree that way.

I would suggest looking at a reissue. They don’t hold their value as much as a classic, so I would suggest checking out the pre-loved market, especially if it’s for traveling.
Agree that reissues don't hold value as well as a classic flap but mini bags do so you probably won't save much if you bought a mini reissue on the preloved market compared to a 225, 226, or 227.