Balenciaga 2006 vs. 2014?

hapinen

Jul 25, 2020
Hello all,

I am looking at buying my first balenciaga (preloved), and have done some research and searching, and have found 2 options that I am considering: 1 is a 2006 rouille and the other is 2014 rouche ambre. They have similar colors, but appear different textures- the 2014 looks more crinkly (first pic) and the 2006 looks more smooth (2nd pic). Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the different years, and/or thoughts or recommendations on either or thoughts on if there would be any difference. Thank you!B1_rouche ambre.jpgb2_06 rouille.jpg

Reactions: RT1
I like the 2006 rouille much better!
Hi Keodi, do you mind if I ask why you like the rouille much better? Have you seen them before, or just based on the photos? To me they look very similar in the pics, but I do feel like it can be hard to tell from photos with these b. bags. Much appreciated. :smile:

Reactions: RT1
Hi Keodi, do you mind if I ask why you like the rouille much better? Have you seen them before, or just based on the photos? To me they look very similar in the pics, but I do feel like it can be hard to tell from photos with these b. bags. Much appreciated. :smile:
The leather on the 2006 bag is Chevre soft, butter but more durable than the 2014 Agenau leather bag. I once owned a first in Rouille and the colour was much saturated as well.

Reactions: RT1 and hapinen
I also thought the color looked a little more rich, and liked that one a little better from the pics. That is the one I was leaning towards, even though it was a little more pricey and older. The other was in pristine condition. I still think the rouille looks in great condition! I pulled the trigger on it and I am really excited! Thanks very much for your input, I really appreciate it! :smile:

Reactions: JenJBS and RT1