Are Single Flap Jumbos still in demand?

Yes very much so. I prefer my single flaps but somehow if you’re after a certain combination then you have no choice but to opt for double.
I wear my single flaps a lot.
Unfortunately the price has recently shot up in the preloved market.

Definitely still in demand. Those who buy it now generally are willing to pay for the convenience of a lighter bag. Here’s my 13 series that I am putting in storage, caviar ghw.

The 12 series and below are generally more expensive as they are real gold plated, but very difficult to find. I would prefer that but this is good as well.
BB5D007D-77F5-458E-9AF1-266B8D03189D.jpeg

Reactions: TadPlaid
Are single flap jumbos still in demand?

Are you still enjoying yours?

How much should I expect to pay for a pre-loved in good-great condition?

Thanks!

I was wondering something similar as I have two, both black with GHW but one in caviar and the other in lambskin. I was hesitant due to the loss of structure over time, but with care (and an organizer), it’s not too much of an issue for me. I’m parting ways with my lambskin because while it’s super light and gorgeous, it’s too pliable for my specific tastes. I prefer a more structured bag.

Regarding price, I think that depends on the condition of the bag and how much you’re willing to pay. While I’ve seen less and less SF in good/great condition on the preloved market, if you’re patient, you’ll find the right one. It took me a while to find both of mine, but it was worth it in the end.

The 12 series and below are generally more expensive as they are real gold plated, but very difficult to find. I would prefer that but this is good as well.

4513444-96ceb0b9e2743a3eb0bb4f215592433a.jpg

Twins! I have the same bag as yours in caviar (13 series). I prefer it over than my lambskin since it’s more structured, but my lambskin fits more because it’s so soft. My lambskin is an 11 series and now I’m rethinking if I should let her go or not.

I’m consistently on the lookout for single flap jumbos. It’s the only jumbo I own, and I’m lucky to currently have four: black caviar GHW, black lamb SHW, beige clair caviar GHW, and dark pink lamb SHW. Would love two more, but I demand a near to full set, so it’s slim pickings on the secondhand market for me. Not settling is okay though.

The secondhand prices have slowly gone up with the Chanel price increases. Not surprising. Some are even attempting to sell at current retail prices. Only you can decide what price it is worth it to you.

I’ve recently sold all my Chanel, and don’t foresee myself buying more in the furniture (maybe a reissue) but with that being said I always had preferred single
flaps! They are much more lightweight and far less fussy. I also had an easy flap and really enjoyed it!

Reactions: chanel4evernever
I was wondering something similar as I have two, both black with GHW but one in caviar and the other in lambskin. I was hesitant due to the loss of structure over time, but with care (and an organizer), it’s not too much of an issue for me. I’m parting ways with my lambskin because while it’s super light and gorgeous, it’s too pliable for my specific tastes. I prefer a more structured bag.

Regarding price, I think that depends on the condition of the bag and how much you’re willing to pay. While I’ve seen less and less SF in good/great condition on the preloved market, if you’re patient, you’ll find the right one. It took me a while to find both of mine, but it was worth it in the end.

Twins! I have the same bag as yours in caviar (13 series). I prefer it over than my lambskin since it’s more structured, but my lambskin fits more because it’s so soft. My lambskin is an 11 series and now I’m rethinking if I should let her go or not.
Oh what bag organiser did you buy for your jumbo? Did you put the organiser since you bought the bag? That’s a good idea to retain its structure. I usually use stuffing paper but just ordered a customised organiser for my bag.

oh my, that’s a hard decision on whether to sell your lamb jumbo. since they are pretty much the same colour and hardware, it’s doubling up on the same bag. If I were in your position, I will wait until after Chanel’s price increase in November, and sell the lamb, to fund another bag (also in lamb but a smaller size). Do you intend to sell the bag and get another one?

Oh what bag organiser did you buy for your jumbo? Did you put the organiser since you bought the bag? That’s a good idea to retain its structure. I usually use stuffing paper but just ordered a customised organiser for my bag.

oh my, that’s a hard decision on whether to sell your lamb jumbo. since they are pretty much the same colour and hardware, it’s doubling up on the same bag. If I were in your position, I will wait until after Chanel’s price increase in November, and sell the lamb, to fund another bag (also in lamb but a smaller size). Do you intend to sell the bag and get another one?
I stuff my bags and properly store it (wrapping the straps and making sure to rotate how they’re stored), so I haven’t gotten a bag organizer yet. Stuffing it seems to work just fine; however, a lightweight insert may be good to protect the leather and keep structure while in storage. Please let me know if you find a good one. I’ll do the same.

That’s a good call on waiting until after the price increase. It’s my only lambskin bag and if 11 series are hard to come by in decent condition, I don’t want to regret selling it. Decisions, decisions.

I stuff my bags and properly store it (wrapping the straps and making sure to rotate how they’re stored), so I haven’t gotten a bag organizer yet. Stuffing it seems to work just fine; however, a lightweight insert may be good to protect the leather and keep structure while in storage. Please let me know if you find a good one. I’ll do the same.

That’s a good call on waiting until after the price increase. It’s my only lambskin bag and if 11 series are hard to come by in decent condition, I don’t want to regret selling it. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah you definitely don't want seller's remorse. If you don't need the money or aren't buying a new bag soon, no harm just keeping it, the price is only going to go up.

@Op, these are the single flaps i linked someone else
$5335 https://shop.rebag.com/products/han...-single-flap-bag-quilted-caviar-jumbo57886267
$4750 https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-caviar-quilted-jumbo-single-flap-black-530028
$4995 https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-caviar-quilted-jumbo-single-flap-black-546956