Bad experience with Chanel employees?

NYCchihuahua

May 10, 2018
I went to Chanel at a Saks and was helped immediately because of how empty it was. The SA was helpful and friendly. I decided when I got home I wanted to order the bag I tried on but in a different color, so she requested it from another stores inventory via their system. I politely asked if I could know which location had it in stock so I could call and see if they could accept the shipment for my bag (I’m excited to have the bag! &worried it will sell before they see the request) and she gave me such an attitude, and told me that they will see it in 24-48 hours and then it will ship and take another 2 days for shipping. That’s 24-48 hours where the bag could be sold and I’m a generally anxious person so I didn’t really love the sound of that.

I feel like for Chanel’s price point and scarcity that asking someone if you could call the location/if they could so the bag ships faster and doesn’t sell out isn’t a big ask. Am I being too impatient and antsy or is it a little lazy that she didn’t offer to call the store herself to speed up the process of the sale?

P.S.
I used to work at an inexpensive clothing boutique and used to have to call the other store for customers all the time (without making commission) so I am a little perplexed by this lack of motivation to get my item to me. Idk, it just left a bad taste in my mouth for this SA!

Stores have different policies for send sales - maybe Saks' policy states to put it through the system instead of calling the store. And she wanted the commission which is why she didn't give you the store number.
I figured I’d call so they check the requests because I’m anxious, but I suppose then they could steal her sale that way if they ask for my info over the phone!

I think that's the policy at Saks. They have to send requests in to the store it's transferring from, so I don't think your SA was being lazy haha.

It's the same thing with stand alone boutiques, I was having my sa in Hawaii order a jumbo in for me and he said he had to put in a request which takes a day or so to get approved. I do not think they should be giving you attitude though.

I think that's the policy at Saks. They have to send requests in to the store it's transferring from, so I don't think your SA was being lazy haha.

It's the same thing with stand alone boutiques, I was having my sa in Hawaii order a jumbo in for me and he said he had to put in a request which takes a day or so to get approved. I do not think they should be giving you attitude though.
Oh, good to know! Thank you For the info. Yeah, I think she could’ve been nicer about it. Especially because I went in and knew what I wanted to try on and didn’t take too much of her time. Maybe 10 min. Anyway, I will just only use my usual guy at Bloomies from now on. I had to use Saks because my boyfriends store card is there and he wanted to do it for me as a gift. Hopefully I get the bag! Lol

I had the strangest in store experience at Chanel a couple of years ago. That SA was not around for long and l see why. I asked if they had a bag in stock and she said no (fine). I asked if she could locate one for me and she Went to check and came back and said there are none available. When l left the store l see that exact same bag ( 2 of them!) in the display window. WTH?

I had the strangest in store experience at Chanel a couple of years ago. That SA was not around for long and l see why. I asked if they had a bag in stock and she said no (fine). I asked if she could locate one for me and she Went to check and came back and said there are none available. When l left the store l see that exact same bag ( 2 of them!) in the display window. WTH?
That’s awful. And silly, because they make commission

In Tyson's Galleria, the NM boutique always seems friendly and will pull a bag out at ease. But the stand alone boutique in the mall, I've had some differing experiences. One time an SA was so sweet and attentive and offered water/sparkling water (And I was just browsing). Another time an SA was acting so stuck-up and kind of like "shoo-shoo" when I asked about getting a medium flap in caviar.

Reactions: NYCchihuahua
I did have a bad experience with a boutique manager though... I purchased a Chanel bag 3 weeks ago and it never shipped, I've been asking my sa for updates and she has ZERO ANSWERS. I reached out to the boutique manager and she did not even apologize to me!!! All she said was "we sent your info to logistics. Will update you" SERIOUSLY. my sa said she asked logistics over a week ago. I just want my money back. Freaking ridiculous.

Reactions: Carrie1986