Best compact wallet?

Squidgyblue

Mar 21, 2016
Hi everyone!
I just sent off my Chanel cardholder for repair yesterday so I am now out of a main wallet for about 8 weeks :sad:
I currently use my key cles to put my ID + bank card and my keys, but I hate putting cash in it as it tends to get stuck in the zipper and it's super hard to get in and out of.
I'm looking for something to supplement my cles - tossing up between the Rosalie Coin Purse or the normal cardholder with 3 slots from LV (I'm loving the reverse mono or fuschia in that). I feel the Rosalie Coin purse may be too similar to my flap style Chanel card holder, both being gusseted slgs with a snap button closure. On the other hand, I feel like the normal cardholder might not be ideal for holding any cash (I generally don't carry coins though) and if I can only fit 3 cards in it, I can just use my cles to get by. But I currently don't have anything similar to the normal cardholder so once I get my repair piece back, I feel like it will be more practical to add to my collection. I was also looking at the Victorine wallet, but I'm not a fan of how it folds and would rather something more small and compact such as the Rosalie.
Feeling a bit stuck, any help or input appreciated!

The business card holder is compact, yet holds cards and cash. There’s an empriente version in the women’s dept. and the envelope business card holder in Epi, mono, and damier graphite in the men’s department.

Reactions: Squidgyblue
Hi everyone!
I just sent off my Chanel cardholder for repair yesterday so I am now out of a main wallet for about 8 weeks :sad:
I currently use my key cles to put my ID + bank card and my keys, but I hate putting cash in it as it tends to get stuck in the zipper and it's super hard to get in and out of.
I'm looking for something to supplement my cles - tossing up between the Rosalie Coin Purse or the normal cardholder with 3 slots from LV (I'm loving the reverse mono or fuschia in that). I feel the Rosalie Coin purse may be too similar to my flap style Chanel card holder, both being gusseted slgs with a snap button closure. On the other hand, I feel like the normal cardholder might not be ideal for holding any cash (I generally don't carry coins though) and if I can only fit 3 cards in it, I can just use my cles to get by. But I currently don't have anything similar to the normal cardholder so once I get my repair piece back, I feel like it will be more practical to add to my collection. I was also looking at the Victorine wallet, but I'm not a fan of how it folds and would rather something more small and compact such as the Rosalie.
Feeling a bit stuck, any help or input appreciated!
Between the compact wallets vs the cardholder, I would suggest going with either the Victorine or the Rosalie because you have more flexibility as to how you use your wallet. For example, if you got the cardholder, you're limited (imo) in what you can carry (a few bills/cards?) versus being able to carry both your cards and cash (and the occasional coins).

I have heard that with the Victorine wallet, if you are going to use the zipper pocket, you can't put a whole lot of coins there, but since you've mentioned you don't usually carry coins, you could place cards/cash there instead! I personally prefer the Victorine wallet because of the envelope style front, as well as how much you could actually fit inside the wallet.

Aside from the wallets you've mentioned, have you considered the zippy coin purse? It can hold quite a bit for something so compact. It also comes with a ton of different materials/prints you could choose from.

Reactions: Squidgyblue
Between the compact wallets vs the cardholder, I would suggest going with either the Victorine or the Rosalie because you have more flexibility as to how you use your wallet. For example, if you got the cardholder, you're limited (imo) in what you can carry (a few bills/cards?) versus being able to carry both your cards and cash (and the occasional coins).

I have heard that with the Victorine wallet, if you are going to use the zipper pocket, you can't put a whole lot of coins there, but since you've mentioned you don't usually carry coins, you could place cards/cash there instead! I personally prefer the Victorine wallet because of the envelope style front, as well as how much you could actually fit inside the wallet.

Aside from the wallets you've mentioned, have you considered the zippy coin purse? It can hold quite a bit for something so compact. It also comes with a ton of different materials/prints you could choose from.
Thank you for your detailed reply! Yes I definitely agree the card holder is quite limited in what you can carry :sad:
In regards to your zippy coin purse suggestion, that one actually slipped my mind! I actually bought that one for my mum a while ago, hopefully she can lend it to me for a trial run so I can see if it suits my lifestyle :smile:

The business card holder is compact, yet holds cards and cash. There’s an empriente version in the women’s dept. and the envelope business card holder in Epi, mono, and damier graphite in the men’s department.

Thank you for your suggestion :smile: I actually haven’t looked into that one before as I always thought it was for men! Good to know theres emp leather for women too, I’ll check that out next time I’m in store.

I have recently bought a minimalist billfold wallet and card holder to give it as a gift to my boyfriend. I have reviewed the wallets and card holders first before making a purchase. It was a nice experience. May be you will also like their collection.
1598360442359.png 1598360506540.png

Thank you for your suggestion :smile: I actually haven’t looked into that one before as I always thought it was for men! Good to know theres emp leather for women too, I’ll check that out next time I’m in store.
[/QUOTE]

I have the mono one, and it’s very similar to the rosalee (but $100 cheaper). There is no zippered coin part, but has 2 card slots, and a larger open compartment behind that can hold about 15 cards, or a mix of cards and cash. One thing I like over the Rosalee is the button is underneath. So no exposed button to worry about in terms the leather button rubbing off, etc. The empriente version has 1 card slot, and a metal button on the front.

What about the Micro Wallet

View attachment 4829067
Interesting, I will have a look into this as well thank you! Only problem is that it doesn't seem readily available where I live (Aus) so it might be a struggle seeing this in person.
Or the Recto Verso? This also comes in eimprente.
View attachment 4829068
I saw this also - but unfortunately I have a key cles already and I'm looking for something to supplement it so the recto verso may be a a bit redundant with the key ring :sad:
Thank you for your suggestions!