Please help me choose my first VCA bracelet

Eleeleele

Belle
Feb 28, 2020
I am looking to buy my first Van Cleef piece, a bracelet with 5 motives. Please help me choose!

I am torn between the different materials. I am considering these:

• Yellow solid gold, hammered one
  • Yellow solid gold, guilloche
  • Yellow gold, mother of pearl

Eventually I might expand my collection to all three bracelets and combine them. But which should I choose as my first?

For my first bracelet I would want one that I can wear every day, without being extremely careful. Therefore I’m mainly choosing between Guilloche and the Hammered gold.

I already have a simple gold chain that I wear every day, so the VCA bracelet will pair with that one.

The MOP is more special, but I’m not sure I would dare to use it every day.

The one in hammered gold was my favorite at first, but I’m afraid it will feel underwhelming once I get it, and that I will regret not getting the Guilloche. People seem very happy with the Guilloche.

Thankful for your all advise you could give!

8E53942B-EBBC-400D-A3B9-6D3AD191F4EB.jpeg

1DF60565-3415-4C7B-8861-5DB9457E7C1F.jpeg

FA1CC5FB-58B8-4B48-BCD0-8BFE22330C19.jpeg

Reactions: hhw and ayshaa
I think the hammered one is most durable though I prefer the guilloche design. The mop one is most common.

If you live near a boutique, would be great to try them all to get a feel.

Hi! Thank you for your reply. Because of the Covid situation I can’t really travel to a store right now, so it is a bit difficult to get a real look. I’m sure I will love both Guilloche and the hammered gold.
But I am in the same dilemma as you: the Guilloche design is a bit more intriguing. I will probably get them all in the end, they look so good together

Reactions: hhw and oranGetRee
Je me suis posée la même question, en définitive j'ai acheté le guilloché, et je ne le regrette pas. Il est vraiment très beau et facile à porter.

Ok, thank you for sharing and congrats! Do you wear your Guilloche every day without any concern about scratching? How long have you had it?

My first piece was the hammered gold classic solid gold bracelet. To me, it is the most carefree choice for a bracelet. The guilloche cannot have the motifs replaced if they get scratched (which you can have done with the stones), so I'd personally prefer the guilloche for earrings and pendant. But I likely will stick with the original design since it is a classic and goes well with any other yg Alhambra and Perlee.

My first piece was the hammered gold classic solid gold bracelet. To me, it is the most carefree choice for a bracelet. The guilloche cannot have the motifs replaced if they get scratched (which you can have done with the stones), so I'd personally prefer the guilloche for earrings and pendant. But I likely will stick with the original design since it is a classic and goes well with any other yg Alhambra and Perlee.

I can totally relate. Also, I really like the classic look of the hammered bracelet, so I don’t think beauty and longevity has to be a compromise in this case. I love the hammered one stacked too.

I think the guilloche is the prettiest, then mop, then hammered. But the hammered is the one where you don’t have to worry about getting scratched or wet. I always choose based on aesthetics so it’s guilloche for me

All of them are lovely. They look great together, too. It would be optimal to have the hammered the hammered one as a 24/7 base and then add the others in a stack depending on occasion

Reactions: marie132 and DS2006
Yo
All of them are lovely. They look great together, too. It would be optimal to have the hammered the hammered one as a 24/7 base and then add the others in a stack depending on occasion
You’re eventually going to get them all anyways, so it’s just a matter a time. Maybe the hammered one first since you can wear that one the most? Then MOP since it will provide the most contrast, and then guilloche to stack or wear on its own?