Travel Planning to Korea for Surgery Advice?

sugarboba

Aug 21, 2020
Hi all, I have been thinking about getting surgery (nose, jaw botox, and face fat grafting) in South Korea since I was 15. Now that I'm 21, I'm making the plan come true. For those who are planning their trip at the moment, doing research - or have already experienced all of the steps of travel, surgery day, recovering... how long did it take you to plan? And how soon did you go to Korea?

I heard people plan a year in advance, or even months. But I would like to go soon, such as in a few weeks. I want to go in early September. Has anyone planned a trip for surgery that soon? What information or advice can you share? Also, what clinics are you looking into? Did you go by yourself?

Hi! I'm also 21 and I had rhinoplasty earlier this year in Korea. I also went by myself. Okay first off, I really don't recommend quickly planning for surgeries because I feel like it takes soooo much research and thought to choose the right place and to know all the potential risks of the surgeries you'll be doing. I knew I wanted to get surgery done for about 2 years and talked to different clinics inbetween then (though at the end I ended up choosing a completely different clinic). I would bring a loved one with you if you could. Being alone in Korea for plastic surgery is really scary honestly. Or at least, it was for me. I HIGHLY recommend bringing a friend or someone you know and can get comfort from. If you must schedule the surgery quickly, make sure the clinics you're looking at aren't blacklisted and try to search the internet for negative and positive reviews to get an idea of what you'll be dealing with. Well also don't trust everything on here (I mean the really good reviews.). sometimes they are fake. anyways please be careful and stay safe! wishing you the best of luck !

Reactions: catria
Hi! I'm also 21 and I had rhinoplasty earlier this year in Korea. I also went by myself. Okay first off, I really don't recommend quickly planning for surgeries because I feel like it takes soooo much research and thought to choose the right place and to know all the potential risks of the surgeries you'll be doing. I knew I wanted to get surgery done for about 2 years and talked to different clinics inbetween then (though at the end I ended up choosing a completely different clinic). I would bring a loved one with you if you could. Being alone in Korea for plastic surgery is really scary honestly. Or at least, it was for me. I HIGHLY recommend bringing a friend or someone you know and can get comfort from. If you must schedule the surgery quickly, make sure the clinics you're looking at aren't blacklisted and try to search the internet for negative and positive reviews to get an idea of what you'll be dealing with. Well also don't trust everything on here (I mean the really good reviews.). sometimes they are fake. anyways please be careful and stay safe! wishing you the best of luck !
Thanks so much for sharing your experience!! Yeah, I've thought about it and I'm planning to go next year :smile: Especially with the pandemic, this year isn't the best time. I hope your trip went well :smile: