Vintage Coach Size Comparison Guide -Low Chat, Only On Topic Posts

May 14, 2020
Hi Everyone, This is a thread to share pictures & details of vintage coach bag sizes. You can also use this thread to request specific size comps. This thread is for anyone who is unsure about a vintage coach bag size & needs a better visual representation to help make a more informed buying decision. Please keep the posts relevant to the topic & don't forget to mention the style name or number so that future users can find the post easily. Here is a sample format you can use when making your posts:

Style name/number: (If you are comparing 2 bags in a comp shot- please list both style names/numbers)

What fits: general description of your contents

Worth mentioning: Any pros/cons you want people to know about the bag

*comp shot picture*

*mod shot picture* (If you are comfortable giving a mod shot, please include your height if possible)

*any other pictures you want to add*

Thanks so much for starting this thread @Coachaddict4020!

I am awaiting the arrival of a Wendie (9031) and a Metropolis (9087) to rehab and give as gifts. It would be wonderful if someone could do a detailed comparison between the two (including photos) to help me decide which bag should go to whom? I realize both are on the small side, but which one fits more? Is one more comfortable to carry? Is there much of a weight difference? I'm also interested in opinions regarding the quality of bags made in the US and those from Costa Rica.

MTIA!

Reactions: Wild Horses
Thanks so much for starting this thread @Coachaddict4020!

I am awaiting the arrival of a Wendie (9031) and a Metropolis (9087) to rehab and give as gifts. It would be wonderful if someone could do a detailed comparison between the two (including photos) to help me decide which bag should go to whom? I realize both are on the small side, but which one fits more? Is one more comfortable to carry? Is there much of a weight difference? I'm also interested in opinions regarding the quality of bags made in the US and those from Costa Rica.

MTIA!

I just sold my metropolis bag recently so unfortunately I can’t do the comp shots for you but the metropolis is bigger than the Wendie so it fits much more stuff. The weight of the metropolis will be more than the wendie due to its size but they’re both on the lighter side in my opinion. They both have the same kind of strap so I think comfort wise they would be the same- obviously if you fill the metropolis bag with more stuff, it will be heavier & therefore less comfortable to carry than a smaller bag. The made in Costa Rica bags are much softer but quality wise they are the same as the USA made bags. Maybe someone who has both bags can give you comp shots. Hope this helps :smile:

Great idea for a thread! I'd be interested to see what fits in a Compartment Bag if anyone has one. They're so cute but I think a little smaller than I'm used to. Anyway, I can start with this bag that I just got a few weeks ago.

Style name/number: Binocular Bag #9853 compared to Basic Bag #9455 and Murphy #9930

What fits: Light raincoat (rolled up at the bottom of the bag), mini umbrella, wallet, hand sanitizer, face mask, sunglasses, keys, phone.

Worth mentioning: This holds a lot more than the other two and is a really comfortable shape, but wouldn't be my first choice of bag for any situation where I'd be getting things out of it frequently. It doesn't have any slip pockets and the springlock is a lot more difficult to close than a turnlock, especially when the bag isn't completely full so you don't have much backing to push the two pieces together.

binocular1.jpg

binocular2.jpg

binocular3.jpg

binocular4.jpg

Great idea for a thread! I'd be interested to see what fits in a Compartment Bag if anyone has one. They're so cute but I think a little smaller than I'm used to. Anyway, I can start with this bag that I just got a few weeks ago.

Style name/number: Binocular Bag #9853 compared to Basic Bag #9455 and Murphy #9930

What fits: Light raincoat (rolled up at the bottom of the bag), mini umbrella, wallet, hand sanitizer, face mask, sunglasses, keys, phone.

Worth mentioning: This holds a lot more than the other two and is a really comfortable shape, but wouldn't be my first choice of bag for any situation where I'd be getting things out of it frequently. It doesn't have any slip pockets and the springlock is a lot more difficult to close than a turnlock, especially when the bag isn't completely full so you don't have much backing to push the two pieces together.

View attachment 4823955

View attachment 4823956

View attachment 4823957

View attachment 4823958
I thought the binocular bag was way bigger than it is! Still roomy, for sure, but I envisioned them as pretty big!

View attachment 4823955

View attachment 4823956

View attachment 4823957

View attachment 4823958
I have a compartment bag. Usually I only carry minimum, so plenty of room for me.
I added a few cosmetic items just for taking photos.
( Eye glasses was wrapped inside a softer towel)

IMG_20200820_193155.jpg

IMG_20200820_193228.jpg

IMG_20200820_193741.jpg

Station bags are such a funny shape to me, with how tall and flat they are. They look like they'd be the perfect bag for carrying like a single notebook and nothing else :P
They are different. The front pocket is gusseted so it fits my Nook while my full sized wallet, keys, and phone fit in the main compartment. Not much else is going to fit due to how skinny the bag is and everything has to fit vertically.

Here are some comparisons for a few different styles. I wish I had more than just a few interesting styles. But these were ones that I'd liked to have had comparison photos of when I was deciding to purchase.

1. L to R: British tan Regina 9983, mahogany/burgundy? Bella Court 9957, black Winnie 9023
Side by side from the front they look to be more or less the same size. Maybe only slightly decreasing in size from left to right.
0822201651.jpg

2. Here it can be seen where the carrying capacity is greatly reduced in the Winnie.
0822201654.jpg

3. Added in a black Post Pouch 9906 (middle) and red Court 9870, plus a nosy yet lazy cat
0822201805.jpg

0822201707.jpg

Added in a British Tan Station 5310 for side comparison.
0822201705.jpg

Mod shots! Here are some similar sized styles compared to a Court. For reference I am 5'4. On the Winnie photo, it looks like my photographer (hubby) got a little bit zoomed in closer than the others. Hope I get these style numbers right.

British Tan Regina 9983
Fotor_159813787318667.jpg

Mahogany/burgundy (?) Bella Court 9957
Fotor_159813790819636.jpg

Black Post Pouch 9906
Fotor_159813794965416.jpg

Red Court 9870
Fotor_159813797385910.jpg

Black Winnie 9023
Fotor_159813802125939.jpg

Here are some comparisons for a few different styles. I wish I had more than just a few interesting styles. But these were ones that I'd liked to have had comparison photos of when I was deciding to purchase.

1. L to R: British tan Regina 9983, mahogany/burgundy? Bella Court 9957, black Winnie 9023
Side by side from the front they look to be more or less the same size. Maybe only slightly decreasing in size from left to right.
View attachment 4826025

2. Here it can be seen where the carrying capacity is greatly reduced in the Winnie.
View attachment 4826027

3. Added in a black Post Pouch 9906 (middle) and red Court 9870, plus a nosy yet lazy cat
View attachment 4826034

View attachment 4826039

View attachment 4826047

Great shots! Would you say the manor fits about the same amount of stuff as the Regina? I have a Regina but am considering adding the manor to my watchlist :smile:

View attachment 4826025

View attachment 4826027

View attachment 4826034

View attachment 4826039

View attachment 4826047
I don't have Regina yet, it is in the mail stream. But Manor is way bigger. Here is my 2 Manors compare to a navy Court.

View attachment 4826174

View attachment 4826175

View attachment 4826176

Wow sorry I made a typo!! I meant the bella court that @artax two showed in her comp shots. I think I confused myself because it looks similar to the manor bag lol. I should have read the post better!