Mulberry Darley shoulder bag

I bought this in that exact color, nightfall, in the medium size during the sale. It arrived and went back the same day, I didn't post anywhere about it as I thought it was likely going to be too large for me and would likely be going back. With the boutiques shut down, this was the only way to try it out.

First, I loved the color. Nightfall is a beautiful blue. I would buy a different bag in this color. I also like the style, very practical and very useful, and I liked the heavy grain leather as well. The pocket on the back, that closes with a magnetic snap, and the smaller front pocket are really nice. I found the size a bit too large overall though and it had a very strong chemical odor that I noticed as soon as I unpacked the box. I've never had that issue with any other Mulberry bag so it was very surprising. It went back immediately. I don't know if it was just that particular bag or that leather, but the odor was just not acceptable. I might have kept the bag if not for the odor, even with it being a bit too large.

I bought this in that exact color, nightfall, in the medium size during the sale. It arrived and went back the same day, I didn't post anywhere about it as I thought it was likely going to be too large for me and would likely be going back. With the boutiques shut down, this was the only way to try it out.

First, I loved the color. Nightfall is a beautiful blue. I would buy a different bag in this color. I also like the style, very practical and very useful, and I liked the heavy grain leather as well. The pocket on the back, that closes with a magnetic snap, and the smaller front pocket are really nice. I found the size a bit too large overall though and it had a very strong chemical odor that I noticed as soon as I unpacked the box. I've never had that issue with any other Mulberry bag so it was very surprising. It went back immediately. I don't know if it was just that particular bag or that leather, but the odor was just not acceptable. I might have kept the bag if not for the odor, even with it being a bit too large.
That is so bizarre about the smell. Where did you purchase your bag from? If I go forward with buying it I want to make sure to avoid the same thing from happening. Thanks for the input!

I bought mine from Farfetch and it was shipped from a boutique in London, but not a Mulberry boutique from what I gathered. Excellent, super fast delivery and they have already received the return back.

I did purchase a bag that will be a gift also from the sale, directly from Mulberry, and it shipped from their NY store. It was perfect. No issues whatsoever. I'm in the U.S. btw.

I bought mine from Farfetch and it was shipped from a boutique in London, but not a Mulberry boutique from what I gathered. Excellent, super fast delivery and they have already received the return back.

I did purchase a bag that will be a gift also from the sale, directly from Mulberry, and it shipped from their NY store. It was perfect. No issues whatsoever. I'm in the U.S. btw.
I'm in the US too and was thinking and have looked at a few different sites; Farfetch, Selfridges, Mulberry online, etc. Just trying to figure out which bag/color would be the best. When you have ordered online from a different country did you have to pay any type of import tax or duties?

When you order from Farfetch, all of that is included in the price you are charged. Its very straightforward and I've never been charged extra for Customs/Duty afterwards. Generally, I've had good luck with Farfetch. Sometimes there are American Express offers of extra points or cash rebates at Farfetch which I used for this last purchase. Alas, it went back.

If you return an item, there is a Customs Declaration form that you attach separately to the box. Again, no charge, it's just the form they need that declares what the item is and its value and that it's a return. I've not ever ordered from Selfridges but I imagine it's a similar procedure. Farfetch uses DHL for their international shipments and they've been great.

Ordering from Mulberry in NY is lovely too, and they do a beautiful packing job with a green Mulberry gift bag.

I have read about people being charged duty for overseas purchases but I think these are from small, private sellers or small businesses that don't factor that into their pricing and leave it up to the buyer to deal with.

Generally speaking too, an item has to have a value greater than $800 to trigger any kind of U.S Customs import duty tax. First $800 is tax free. Next $1,000 is taxed at 3%. It goes up from there.

Late to this thread, but I bought the Darley shoulder bag in grey in May, and I absolutely love this bag! It’s the perfect size for everyday needs, looks so elegant, and equally great with shorts and Birkenstocks, as it does with a dress. I’ve been carrying this bag almost every day. The grey is sort of a taupe-y grey and goes with absolutely everything!

Reactions: msd_bags
Late to this thread, but I bought the Darley shoulder bag in grey in May, and I absolutely love this bag! It’s the perfect size for everyday needs, looks so elegant, and equally great with shorts and Birkenstocks, as it does with a dress. I’ve been carrying this bag almost every day. The grey is sort of a taupe-y grey and goes with absolutely everything!

congrats on the bag! grey looks like a beautiful color. this is the medium size, correct? can you wear it crossbody or are the straps too short? thanks.

congrats on the bag! grey looks like a beautiful color. this is the medium size, correct? can you wear it crossbody or are the straps too short? thanks.
Yes, It is the medium size, which is a great size for every day wear. You can wear it crossbody. I find most of the time I wear it as a shoulder bag, with the straps doubled, but useful to be able to wear crossbody when I need to be hands-free.

Yes, It is the medium size, which is a great size for every day wear. You can wear it crossbody. I find most of the time I wear it as a shoulder bag, with the straps doubled, but useful to be able to wear crossbody when I need to be hands-free.
Hi, I have my eye on this bag and am thinking of getting one in the medium size. Please can you let me know if the bag is either heavy or if the chain strap is heavy or uncomfortable?

Hi Navajo Princess, love your name! No, the bag is not heavy at all, and neither is the chain strap. The chain strap is very comfortable as it has a leather strip where it rests on your shoulder. I wear my bag with the chain doubled most of the time, not very frequently as a crossbody.

Hi Navajo Princess, love your name! No, the bag is not heavy at all, and neither is the chain strap. The chain strap is very comfortable as it has a leather strip where it rests on your shoulder. I wear my bag with the chain doubled most of the time, not very frequently as a crossbody.
Thanks so much, that's great to know. On the Mulberry website under the coming soon section they have a medium one in quilted buffalo in burgundy and it's gorgeous. Now I know the bag is comfortable I may find it hard to resist!

Reactions: KikiStLoy