Honesty please...is the J12 past its prime?

I think the 38 would be miles too big, same with the 33, so I am seriously considering the 29. I have tiny wrists. Is that too small? I’m in Atlanta. I think there is a boutique inside NM.
I'm very tall but small boned...I have the 33mm and find it perfect. I might add that I want to make sure I can read the time, first and foremost. KWIM?
For reference.................
Chanel J12.jpg

I am also thinking about getting the black one but torn over the LE this year. I want automatic so my size option is limited yet my wrist is just medium size. Am I crazy for wanting this over Cartier Santos? I have 2 Rolex to swap around.

PS. why is this in Celine thread?

I love it in 29 and 33, and you are correct, 38 is very big! I got it in that side because I was very interested in automatic movement.
I want automatic movement, too. It bums me out that you have to get the really big one for that.
I am also thinking about getting the black one but torn over the LE this year. I want automatic so my size option is limited yet my wrist is just medium size. Am I crazy for wanting this over Cartier Santos? I have 2 Rolex to swap around.

PS. why is this in Celine thread?
I like the Cartier Tank or Ballon Bleu more than the Santos. Just my opinion. The J12 is more unique to me. But in 20 years, the Santos, Tank, or BB will still be classics. Will the J12?

Reactions: gagabag
I saw the new all black J12 and fell in love. But for some reason, I’ve never really pulled the trigger on a J12 since forever. Is a J12 a good investment? Its value and worth in the long run is nothing compared to a Patek, Piguet or Rolex watch...

I bought mine maybe about 10 years ago and I love it. It’s the white 38mm with diamond bezel. Since I bought it has more than doubled in value. I’m a firm believer of going for what you love irrespective of items holding value but my experience is that the J12 clearly does!

Hello! Can any white J12 owners let me know if the white ceramic will turn yellow over time? I love the look of the white but wonder if it is hard to maintain vs a black ceramic one. Thank you!
No. I’ve had mine over 10 years and it hasn’t yellowed in the slightest. It’s pure bright white to this day. The ceramic is practically indestructible.

I have the white 38mm with diamond markers...Haven't worn it in a while but every time I think of letting it go, I take it out and just can't part with it. Still looks new and I have had it for at least 10 years... and did wear it more frequently when I first got it.

Reactions: Daosabao